Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:45

Phones will most likely have to be checked in like at the Trabendo, a good way to force people to enjoy the show and to avoid having screens floating above the crowd to take crappy pics!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:47

DeanGoodman
Max'sKansasCity
No matter how people get their insider info, they work hard to get it, they pull the strings, find the angles, fly to the fkg city of the show, get in cabs to run around town looking for barricades, they spend lot of time doing it, they are not cheating, they are working hard to see a band they love, and if that band thinks it is smart to do an end run, trick play, lottery BS, fk them around, I bet in the long run, the band will think it not as smart.

And I say that never once seeing one of the cute little warm gigs, I dont give a fk, I didnt work it, but I dure hell respect the people who do, and did... and seeing them get fkd is not cool.

As I said, I bet at tonights show, Mick will see its wasnt so smart, not as much love, not as much fun...

Word! thanks for this. For sure some people had insider knowledge, albeit from possibly sketchy sources.

But I'd say most of the first few hundred people in line - those who should have got in - just added 2 and 2 after reading this site. And supplemented it with some old-fashioned detective work. Last night, we jumped in the car, drove around town to various venues, asked people for tips, looked for telltale signs, and did the AEG corporate math. Then we got up at 4 a.m. and drove around some more, ending up at the El Rey.

Anyway, enough about me. People who cry "not fair!" get a bit boring after a while. It will be an interesting show, a super young crowd, and I hope they have fun.

smiling smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:50

GumbootCloggeroo
To those that are attending tonight's show, I say don't worry about updating us in real time as to which songs they are playing. The Stones' twitter page will do that for us. Forget your phone for awhile and just enjoy the show smiling smiley

YES! Best quote of the day. Once in a lifetime. BE THERENOW!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:51

tatters
Expect to see some very high-def pro-shot video on youtube by late this evening. The purpose of this gig is basically to make a commercial in which the Stones are seen to be blowing the place apart in hopes of selling some tickets for the tour. The fact that 400 people will experience the thrill of a lifetime is a fortunate (for them) coincidence, but it's of no concern to the Stones, and it's not why they're doing this.

Will these bastards stop at nothing?!?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:52

DeanGoodman
Max'sKansasCity
No matter how people get their insider info, they work hard to get it, they pull the strings, find the angles, fly to the fkg city of the show, get in cabs to run around town looking for barricades, they spend lot of time doing it, they are not cheating, they are working hard to see a band they love, and if that band thinks it is smart to do an end run, trick play, lottery BS, fk them around, I bet in the long run, the band will think it not as smart.

And I say that never once seeing one of the cute little warm gigs, I dont give a fk, I didnt work it, but I dure hell respect the people who do, and did... and seeing them get fkd is not cool.

As I said, I bet at tonights show, Mick will see its wasnt so smart, not as much love, not as much fun...

Word! thanks for this. For sure some people had insider knowledge, albeit from possibly sketchy sources.

But I'd say most of the first few hundred people in line - those who should have got in - just added 2 and 2 after reading this site. And supplemented it with some old-fashioned detective work. Last night, we jumped in the car, drove around town to various venues, asked people for tips, looked for telltale signs, and did the AEG corporate math. Then we got up at 4 a.m. and drove around some more, ending up at the El Rey.

Anyway, enough about me. People who cry "not fair!" get a bit boring after a while. It will be an interesting show, a super young crowd, and I hope they have fun.

A ha! A super young crowd, eh? That could explain why tickets were handed out first to people at the back of the line--they must have looked younger than the front of the line. You know what has been said about Mick's intolerance for oldsters in his line of sight, and the way young models were hired to fill out the front rows of the Beacon shows for the SAL movie. Mick will only be energized and inspired if he knows he is performing for a younger crowd.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:53

IN RESPONSE TO gotdablouse...

A woman walked along the line with a bucket, handing out tickets with six digits, one per person obviously. The numbers weren't completely in sequence because of the randomness of it.

That took a while. Then she came back to the front, asked Ed - who was the first in line - to choose a ticket from a duplicate collection, and they added *maybe?* 150 to that number, so that all the people in that range got lucky. Not sure if it was 150, or 200. It was all such a weird scene.

Now I hear they are giving away concert tix to anyone who walks to the box office with a blue ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 01:54 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:57

Bob C.
Have fun to those going. The rest will be looking for your posts.

I second this comment!

Waiting also for the pics and recordings!

Date: April 28, 2013 02:03

Like at the Trabendo phones will most likely have to be checked in...and if you're a real fan are you going to risk getting thrown out for smuggling an smartphone in? I didn't chance it!

DeanGoodman
IN RESPONSE TO gotdablouse...

A woman walked along the line with a bucket, handing out tickets with six digits, one per person obviously. The numbers weren't completely in sequence because of the randomness of it.

That took a while. Then she came back to the front, asked Ed - who was the first in line - to choose a ticket from a duplicate collection, and they added *maybe?* 150 to that number, so that all the people in that range got lucky. Not sure if it was 150, or 200. It was all such a weird scene.

Now I hear they are giving away concert tix to anyone who walks to the box office with a blue ticket.

Thanks for the info, so it does sound like it was done at random if she was taking them out of a bucket...hopefully they had been mixed well after being put in there.

Not sure about this "blue ticket" business though! Maybe that's a bonus helping? Were the tickets in the bucket of different colors?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 02:05 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 28, 2013 02:16

I opened my email this morning to find a message from my Stone's insider to call him right away. "The Stones are playing the EchoPlex in Silver Lake tonight. Get down to the El Rey right now. That's where tickets go on sale." I've been waiting for this call. Now, tickets were not announced until 12:30pm to the general public. I drive like a madman. I get down there at 11:00 to find about 400 people already in line. Maybe I have a chance. At 1:00, with about +2000 people in line, they announce that there will be a lottery for the tickets and start to hand out random numbered tickets. So, it did not matter if you were first or last in line, everyone had a chance. Once they are distributed they ask the first person to pull a ticket out of a bucket. Number 312096 is pulled. Those with 312096 to 312421 can buy a ticket, one per person. The club only holds 325 people. My number 311766. Argh!!!! And they only cost $27.50!. I'm tired and sunburned. I am really starting to question my sanity!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 02:16

Got in line around 11:45 and there was already about 300-400 people in front of me. Finally at around 1:00-1:15 that hand out raffle tickets to everyone and shortly announce the winning numbers, which happened to be all in the back of the line. Unfortunately I did not have a winning ticket, however me and my buddy stayed behind to just see what happens. All the people that won were let in got their tickets, but there was a line forming of the people that didn't have a winning ticket, including me and my buddy. Someone was saying that they didn't hand out all the winning tickets and they were gonna let in anyone who had a ticket, winning or not. Luckily this was true and after waiting all day, going through that scary lottery process, me and a friend were able to get two tickets to the show tonight! Sorry for everyone who left when they heard which were the winning tickets, I can only say that you should have stayed, they only stopped letting people in with any ticket about 30 mins ago. Luckiest day ever!

Date: April 28, 2013 02:19

ARGH!!!!!!!

Scotty

tommarty920
Got in line around 11:45 and there was already about 300-400 people in front of me. Finally at around 1:00-1:15 that hand out raffle tickets to everyone and shortly announce the winning numbers, which happened to be all in the back of the line. Unfortunately I did not have a winning ticket, however me and my buddy stayed behind to just see what happens. All the people that won were let in got their tickets, but there was a line forming of the people that didn't have a winning ticket, including me and my buddy. Someone was saying that they didn't hand out all the winning tickets and they were gonna let in anyone who had a ticket, winning or not. Luckily this was true and after waiting all day, going through that scary lottery process, me and a friend were able to get two tickets to the show tonight! Sorry for everyone who left when they heard which were the winning tickets, I can only say that you should have stayed, they only stopped letting people in with any ticket about 30 mins ago. Luckiest day ever!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 02:22

[email protected]
ARGH!!!!!!!

When I read your story, and then tommarty's post, my stomach actually turned. Sorry dude.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 28, 2013 02:22

Where is BV?

Date: April 28, 2013 02:26

NoCode0680
[email protected]
ARGH!!!!!!!

When I read your story, and then tommarty's post, my stomach actually turned. Sorry dude.

When they announced the number range, I didn't do the math in my head. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I just left. Great heads up to those who stuck around. They deserve the tickets!

Scotty

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 28, 2013 02:46

tommarty920

You are a person after my own heart and you deserve it for never giving up!! Enjoy and please post your report.

But random is a very true description of how the tickets were allocated. It's great that the odds were evened out by this method but I also feel for those genuine fans who put a lot of hard work in to be at the front of the queue only to end up empty-handed - especially if there were total chancers further back who for cool's sake were jumping on a bandwagon that they just happened to see or hear about.

I guess the bottom line is that no one's going to die if they're not there. Although we might just nearly die seething with envy LOL..

Wishing all of you with lucky lottery tickets a great night!

Date: April 28, 2013 02:48

@[email protected] - Well it does sound like you did the math, you were not in the range. And with an official capacity of 325 and band tickets they were over capacity already!

This doesn't make sense...or some people did indeed not do the math properly or they hadn't handed it out all the raffle tickets for the chosen range? If that's the case, what a mess! AEG really can't help themselves can they after the Hyde Park T1/T2 fiasco!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 02:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 28, 2013 02:54

gotdablouse
@[email protected] - Well it does sound like you did the math, you were not in the range. And with an official capacity of 325 and band tickets they were over capacity already!

This doesn't make sense...or some people did indeed not do the math properly or they hadn't handed it out all the raffle tickets for the chosen range? If that's the case, what a mess! AEG really can't help themselves can they after the Hyde Park T1/T2 fiasco!

Seems they are a major train wreck.

I predict more Hyde Park fiascos on the day but hope I'm proved wrong.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:23

I was pissed because I was around 200 in line when I arrived, then 250 by the time they did the lottery. I lost. I hung around because I was hoping for a miracle. I stood behind the people that won and noticed I was way closer than I was before. That meant, there had to be less than 250 winners. I hung around and after they took the winners in, if you still had your lottery ticket, they let you in. It was a loooooong process. Probably took over an hour once you got inside the El Rey. It will be worth it. I still can't believe I'm going. After standing outside and listening to rehearsals, and losing the lottery I was super bummed. Persistence paid off.

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:23

I got a ticket. Phones and cameras not allowed in. I am tired from standing around all day. I will be wearing a black on black Dodger stadium show RS t shirt. We will almost all be solo since only one ticket per person. See some of you there.

Date: April 28, 2013 03:28

Good for you guys!

So that's how it unfolded, the clowns at AEG didn't realize they hadn't distributed all the tickets in the 312096 to 312421 winning range, far from it too apparently.

I guess that was always going to be a risk with the way it was done, but they should have told people with tickets in the beginning of the range or who had arrived first to hang around just in case...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 03:29 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 28, 2013 03:29

gotdablouse

When they announced the starting number, 312096, I thought I was out as my number was 311766. As I walked away there was a gentleman with a bull horn saying what the starting number was and those with tickets between 312096 and .... so I stopped listening as I was way below that. Oh well. You snooze, you loose. A big thumbs up to 'tommarty920' and those who were persistent, stuck around and got a ticket. For those that are going there are two clubs. The Echo and The EchoPlex. The Echo is on Sunset and the EchoPlex is around the corner and downstairs. It's kinda confusing. It's L shaped inside so get there early for a good viewing angle. And parking BLOWS. Saw Hugh Cornwell there several months ago.

Scotty

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:33

Someone asked 'Where is BV?' I'd place bets that he's at the club gig.

Some of us are far from LA and are NOT at the gig, but we DID provide as much info to you all as we were allowed to give.

Funny that BV gets most of the credit for info while the rest of us are dismissed.

Think about that for a bit of time..........

Life is too funny/odd.........

'Funny, funny, funny.'

confused smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 03:37

[email protected]
gotdablouse

When they announced the starting number, 312096, I thought I was out as my number was 311766. As I walked away there was a gentleman with a bull horn saying what the starting number was and those with tickets between 312096 and .... so I stopped listening as I was way below that. Oh well. You snooze, you loose. A big thumbs up to 'tommarty920' and those who were persistent, stuck around and got a ticket. For those that are going there are two clubs. The Echo and The EchoPlex. The Echo is on Sunset and the EchoPlex is around the corner and downstairs. It's kinda confusing. It's L shaped inside so get there early for a good viewing angle. And parking BLOWS. Saw Hugh Cornwell there several months ago.

Scotty

Well you were not in the announced range so you did the logical thing, I'd probably have done the same, but with AEG's incompetence we now know that you've got to expect the unexpected I guess...hard luck :-(

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:38

Cocaine Eyes
Someone asked 'Where is BV?' I'd place bets that he's at the club gig.

Some of us are far from LA and are NOT at the gig, but we DID provide as much info to you all as we were allowed to give.

Funny that BV gets most of the credit for info while the rest of us are dismissed.

Think about that for a bit of time..........

Life is too funny/odd.........

'Funny, funny, funny.'

confused smiley
Thanks.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:45

LOOK - Bernard didn't even know where they were playing tonight Too funny:

Club show at El Rey in LA tonight with @rollingstones [fb.me]{/b]

grinning smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 03:50

Cocaine Eyes

People were asked to keep it on the hush?

Date: April 28, 2013 04:12

It is my understanding that most, if not all, tickets went to fans. You should see no 'Hollywood' types at tonight's show. I have no problem with people like bv getting a ticket as he has done more for the Stones than any self absorbed actor or actress. Hope I'm not proved wrong.

Scotty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 04:12 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 04:16

photo from earlier this afternoon(unable to comfirm)

Date: April 28, 2013 04:20

copsnrobbers

It's confirmed, it comes from the Stones' Facebook page earlier today.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 04:27

NoCode0680
copsnrobbers

It's confirmed, it comes from the Stones' Facebook page earlier today.

That is a very nice looking Tele that Keith is playing there...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home