Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: BE ALERT..........NEWS COMING!
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 27, 2013 10:05

It's already April 27th so the tour starts in only 7 days. It MUST be the announcement of the warm-up show that may take place 8 hours later or so. Consequently they would still have time for another small & sponsored gig like Mogador 2012 the next days.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 10:06

Keith will tell us more about his upcoming appearance in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5!

(I'm joking, but Keith did mention it in November:

"Johnny [Depp] wants Keith to put on his pirate outfit once again for the fifth movie. Keith said: ''I spoke to Johnny a couple of weeks ago and he said, 'Are you up for another one?' I can leave it at that because I know no more. But I do have the costume.'' The 68-year-old musician is more often recognised by the younger generation for his role in the films than he is as a member of The Rolling Stones. In a radio interview, he said: ''Some kids who don't know nothing about The Rolling Stones [say], 'It's Johnny Depp's dad! It's Captain Teague!' I was born for the part.'' From contactmusic.com

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 27, 2013 10:15

sonomastone

would be a great move if it was a club show and they streamed it live over the internet...

thumbs up Yes ... stream the club show live on the internet!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 10:17

Dan
JumpingKentFlash
Bet it's a club show. Where could be a good place in L.A.?

There are literally a hundred places they could have it. It doesn't have to be a room you have heard of either.

But if you get the urge to check out any of these places, be discrete. No one is going to tell you anything before 12:30 and driving slowly by and staring and peeking in windows while wearing Stones garb runs the risk of torpedoing the show altogether. If there is a show. Which I swear I know nothing about. But my knowledge of the club scene is a bit more extensive than what I have seen posted on every single Stones board.

When my friend Mick Jones was playing with Gorillaz, they gave away tickets to a warmup show right in the rehearsal space in Burbank. What I doubt is that it would be anywhere they had to bring in extra sound for, which is why I'd figure it otherwise to be an AEG run room. I remember when they cancelled a club show in Sacramento that they were busing us to because it leaked.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 27, 2013 10:22

TeddyB1018
Dan
JumpingKentFlash
Bet it's a club show. Where could be a good place in L.A.?

There are literally a hundred places they could have it. It doesn't have to be a room you have heard of either.

But if you get the urge to check out any of these places, be discrete. No one is going to tell you anything before 12:30 and driving slowly by and staring and peeking in windows while wearing Stones garb runs the risk of torpedoing the show altogether. If there is a show. Which I swear I know nothing about. But my knowledge of the club scene is a bit more extensive than what I have seen posted on every single Stones board.

When my friend Mick Jones was playing with Gorillaz, they gave away tickets to a warmup show right in the rehearsal space in Burbank. What I doubt is that it would be anywhere they had to bring in extra sound for, which is why I'd figure it otherwise to be an AEG run room. I remember when they cancelled a club show in Sacramento that they were busing us to because it leaked.

That settles it. Look for Shuggie Otis to come down with a mystery affliction tomorrow.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:50

Dan, maybe that's the point. Maybe Shuggie will still do his gig and then the Stones could play after. I guess we'll see. No leaks from AEG or CAA yet...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:24

Witness
I hope for the release of a new electronic single, later to feature in the setlists.

That's a thought, could it be that new song they've been playing at rehearsals that no one recognized?

I doubt they're going to announce a secret show before it's sold out, imagine the stampede? Anyone remember what they did for Trabendo?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:58

Hopefully, a new album, or some live archive albums on CD.

I can't afford to go to the gigs.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:04

tomcasagranda

I hope so too. This is the best thing they can do for their fans. While I'm offended by the high ticket prices, I think the releases of Exile, Some Girls, Brussels Affair, etc. have been amazing.

However, since they are in their $$$ mode right now, I'm sure whatever they have to announce will be focused on getting the significant inventory of unsold tickets to sell. Still think it would be a great idea to stream a dress rehearsal at a club live on the Internet for free.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:05

So what's this great bloody news then ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:08

Official......the tour is cancelled.
Jeroen

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:29

sonomastone
tomcasagranda

I hope so too. This is the best thing they can do for their fans. While I'm offended by the high ticket prices, I think the releases of Exile, Some Girls, Brussels Affair, etc. have been amazing.

However, since they are in their $$$ mode right now, I'm sure whatever they have to announce will be focused on getting the significant inventory of unsold tickets to sell. Still think it would be a great idea to stream a dress rehearsal at a club live on the Internet for free.

I'd even settle for last year's Stonesarchive recordings on CD, but apples have more chance of growing on ivy trees. While I have all the archive downloads, and have burnt them to CDR, I would love some nice liner notes and comments by the guys, but I doubt it'll happen. I don't think a new album is on the way either, and I could do without a pay per view concert.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:32

corriecas
Jeroen

Not funny Jeroen...I might have to revoke your pass. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 14:38 by latebloomer.

Date: April 27, 2013 14:32

probably a club concert announcement, and several shows coming in Europe in November.

Jeroen

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:36

REMAIN ALERT......IT'S GOING TO BE THE WARM-UP GIG. (My most humble opinion, which could be wrong)!

LA PEOPLE......BEST OF LUCK GETTING IN!

Date: April 27, 2013 14:43

From Ronnie on Twitter:

If you're not following @GRRRegory already now is a good time to start! The Rolling Stones' GRRRilla has exciting news for you...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2013 15:00

I realy hope it is something realy good for next week and not a super de-luxe,platinum rated,never been issued with exclusive tat,old recording.

Selling at a bargain price of $998 +$35 shipping.

Now that would be a big disappointment. eye rolling smiley

Date: April 27, 2013 15:02

latebloomer
corriecas
Jeroen

Not funny Jeroen...I might have to revoke your pass. cool smiley

sORRY, MUST BE THE WINE...

JEROEN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 27, 2013 15:16

Free consert in front of Brandenburger Tor August 24.
Confirmed by insiders.

Date: April 27, 2013 15:25

Free concert at Castricum aan Zee, Holland on June 24.
Confirmed by insiders.

Thats my Birthday!!!! Yippie Yea

jeroen

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:13

Seriously, anybody doing any stakeouts with Stones stuff on is an idiot. You will attract all the wrong attention. Of course you are a fan. No one gives a shit.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:27

Dan
Seriously, anybody doing any stakeouts with Stones stuff on is an idiot. You will attract all the wrong attention. Of course you are a fan. No one gives a shit.

Dan,you're in LA ? What's your email?..

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:29

It'll be something to boost the ticketsales.

Date: April 27, 2013 16:34

confused smiley

You'll all figure it out soon enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 16:54 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 17:08

So you've already figured it out? Oh right, you used to be an insider, with all that sheben stuff or whatever, good for you! Now you have Twitter like the rest of us, how depressing it must be...hence the "off the wall" posting?

Date: April 27, 2013 17:27

Still, no News..............??????
Oh well.

Guess Bill is on bass the whole tour.
Sorry Darryl.

Chuck will be replaced by Ian mac Lagan !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 27, 2013 17:31

Exactly when will we get news, we who will in Europe ?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 27, 2013 17:33

A bit strange for the warm-up gig is all this attention on twitter @GRRRegory and now Ronnie as well. Doesn't fit if you ask me. They don't want total chaos but just the true (iorr) fans being nervous and people who can run very hard.
My guess is its giving away tickets for the pit or something like that...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 27, 2013 17:47

[twitter.com]

Grrrreat things are brewing! Watch this space at 12.30pm PT tomorrow for some news..

PT= Pacific Time

[www.timeanddate.com]
right now it is Los Angeles (PT) 7:49 AM

Do the math to find your time

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 17:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 27, 2013 18:04

For sure: The complete El Mocambo, released 30/4 ... smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home