Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:47

Kurt
MisterDDDD
Kurt
Dean,
How did you know to be there at 5 AM?

Hopefully Dean will respond, but my guess is that like most of us, he and whoever else lined up there that early was well aware,like the rest of us,that the surprise gig was tonight and this was a likely venue to wait for the ticket drop.

I hope he gets in and reports back on the entire experience!

Me too, Im rooting for him and the other good guys!!!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:49

Total @#$%&' BS. They gave tix to a random block of people near back of line.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:50

DeanGoodman

So this means tickets are off? Do you know WHERE they will really play?

Date: April 27, 2013 23:51

thumbs down I CALL BULL SHIT!!
I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:53

DeanGoodman

What do you mean? They got lottery tix? Why shouldn't they?

Have you been told at what time the drawing will take place?

Date: April 27, 2013 23:54

Wait until they play this small gig and it feels different (in a bad way) to them, I bet they will realize that they made a mistake... and I say this not even being there... Why fuk with a formula that they have used, and has worked perfectly for 40 years?

Date: April 27, 2013 23:55

I packed a tantrum, didn't accomplish much. More later. Driving home to drink some beers.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:57

a view from the line.

[mobile.twitter.com]
[rocksoff.org]

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:57

gotdablouse
DeanGoodman

The lottery will be that random that they'll have grandma's who didn't even want to cross the street, inside the club.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:59

At what time is the show tonight?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:02

open-g
gotdablouse
DeanGoodman

The lottery will be that random that they'll have grandma's who didn't even want to cross the street, inside the club.

Unless they told a select group to mosey down late...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:07

Why does it have to be so complicated...just give the first 350 who are in line the tickets - simple, they are the ones who queued longest and therefore the ones who deserve the tickets. Seems such a messup.

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:11

My money is on the fact that BV will be in attendance, regardless of what the protocol was, anyone know yet?

Rock on people....NWSooner

crumbling_mice
Why does it have to be so complicated...just give the first 350 who are in line the tickets - simple, they are the ones who queued longest and therefore the ones who deserve the tickets. Seems such a messup.

I dunno---giving a "lottery ticket" to each person who arrived by 1pm, and then doing an actual lottery and pulling 350 random people, would have been fantastic! I don't really get this last in line/first into the show thing, but c'est la vie, you know! what lucky people the winners are indeed smiling smiley

-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 00:12 by swiss.

Where did you read that? Seems to me these people in the back got lottery tickets, how could it be anything else?

I can understabd why those who were there at 5AM are pis&ed off, but you needed to have "connections" to be there that early (and keep it to yourself...saw a lot of that happening in Paris last year) so that rules out die-hards with no connections, other than public ones like IORR, why not give these people, or for that matter all fans a chance too?

So deadman, you'll be back at the time of the draw I take it? At what time will that be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 00:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:13

gotdablouse
Well yeah but to be there at 5AM you needed to have "connections" so that rules out die-hards with no connections, other than public ones like IORR, why not give these people, or for that matter all fans a chance too?

So deadman, you'll be back at the time of the draw I take it? At what time will that be?

I agree! The playing field sounds pretty even -- except for the part about giving preference to people at the back of the line.

- swiss

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:14

Sixsixseveneight
NoCode0680
Sixsixseveneight
maradona
Now this NewBuild dude twittered that they bargained the Stones will play at El Rey instead of Echoplex. "Satisfactory compromise all round" he says. What is going on here???????

Twittered? Christ this place is full of out of touch old farts...

Are you always a douchebag, or just on this site?

Only when I see people who have reportedly seen the Stones in excess of 47 times and think they are somehow entitled to every future show. Anyone who gets a ticket in place of them is branded a "dummy who only knows the hits".

This place started out very friendly, but its true colours have shown, becoming extremely egotistical and ignorant.

From what I can tell all you've done since you've been here is talk shit. Every message I've seen of yours is insulting somebody here.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:15

To clarify, they gave concert tickets to a bloc of people near the end of the line, those with winning numbers above 312900 or so. Those up from we're in the 311000-odd range.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:16

Date: April 28, 2013 00:16

To clarify, they gave concert tickets to people near the end of the line, those with winning numbers above 312900 or so. Those up from we're in the 311000-odd range.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:18

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, so it seems like what tatters described, one number drawn and the block after that gets tickets...easy way to do it but not a real random draw...unless they handed out tickets at random originally?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:23

crumbling_mice

Respectfully disagree.
Similar to the upcoming distribution of the $85 tickets.. I hope it's not first in line gets the tongue pit last gets the bleachers.Not how the tix are advertised.
"Random" is the wording they sell them as. And random I hope they are as I don't really want to camp in the lobby at the MGM for instance.(but I will).

This gig is billed as a "surprise" and the EXTREMELY limited tickets are billed as
"lottery". The surprise aspect would be NOT accurate,one could assume,if you are in line at 5 AM. The lottery aspect means that LUCK is going to be the deciding factor in the potential acquisition of the ticket.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:29

WHEN will the show start? Any information on the tickets?

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:30

I think who is there for queuing will get in. Remember the Trabendo gig, where they eventually let in everybody, even those tho didn't manage to get a ticket.
So be calm! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 00:33 by MoreFastNumbers.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:31

gotdablouse
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, so it seems like what tatters described, one number drawn and the block after that gets tickets...easy way to do it but not a real random draw...unless they handed out tickets at random originally?

Exactly! In my opinion, super well done and FAIR!

- line-jumpers weren't rewarded
- scalpers couldn't have their day
- random luck of the draw, which is what a lottery is

$20 to see the Rolling Stones in a 350-person club---amazing!!! The Stones did really well with this one!

- swiss

Date: April 28, 2013 00:31

Yeah, we just need to know how tickets were allocated in the first place...I'm guessing you got a random ticket number, then they drew a number and the 150(?) tix after that number got a ticket?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 00:33 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:32

open-g

If "grandma" is code for someone is too old--and therefore undeserving--to see the band, I think you need to get a closer look at the band.

Any die-hard fan who has been with them since the beginning is, or easily fans into the age-range of being a grandparent.

Better a room full of old fans whooping than young kids tweeting...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:33

Matt Lee is in. Not a big surprise with his connections to the band.

Date: April 28, 2013 00:33

No matter how people get their insider info, they work hard to get it, they pull the strings, find the angles, fly to the fkg city of the show, get in cabs to run around town looking for barricades, they spend lot of time doing it, they are not cheating, they are working hard to see a band they love, and if that band thinks it is smart to do an end run, trick play, lottery BS, fk them around, I bet in the long run, the band will think it not as smart.

And I say that never once seeing one of the cute little warm gigs, I dont give a fk, I didnt work it, but I dure hell respect the people who do, and did... and seeing them get fkd is not cool.

As I said, I bet at tonights show, Mick will see its wasnt so smart, not as much love, not as much fun...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:34

good luck to every one, hope you get in and have a great show.
Jeroen

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home