Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:51

Wonder how that lottery is going to work...

You show up and get a ticket with a number for free and then they'll draw at say 4 PM or you draw in a jar/turn a wheel and find out on the spot? The latter seems easier to set up except people are going really upset if they lose!

First time they're doing that right? Before it was first come, first served, so "insiders" could scoop out others, now I guess you'll have to be a "real" insider to be sure to get in with a band invite!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:52

Only ONE tix per person in line.
Not so good if you are trying for a die-hard fan as well who can't get there in line.
Good for fan who want one tix and in the lottery draw.
Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Good luck to you all. hot smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

Sixsixseveneight
Max'sKansasCity
Of course bv is there, this is what he does, He is THE MAN! THE STONES MAN!

I wish I was there...
it actually hurts my gut to not be, it is a pain, named Jones, Stones Jones.

Pathetic. There'll be people there who have never seen the Stones before.

You lot are exactly the type of people Jagger hates. Typical snobby critics. @#$%& off.

what ever you say there missy, lol.

noob poster are always the funniest,
especially when they get all pissy missy about it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()

gotdablouse
Wonder how that lottery is going to work...

You show up and get a ticket with a number for free and then they'll draw at say 4 PM or you draw in a jar/turn a wheel and find out on the spot? The latter seems easier to set up except people are going really upset if they lose!

First time they're doing that right? Before it was first come, first served, so "insiders" could scoop out others, now I guess you'll have to be a "real" insider to be sure to get in with a band invite!
Yeah somebody on Shidoobee already has a ticket and they haven't even had the lottery yet.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()

Yep, just been told about the random lottery and each person has been issued a numbered ticket. We are in a state of shock, been here since 5 am. Not sure what happening now.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:55

Max'sKansasCity
Sixsixseveneight
Max'sKansasCity
Of course bv is there, this is what he does, He is THE MAN! THE STONES MAN!

I wish I was there...
it actually hurts my gut to not be, it is a pain, named Jones, Stones Jones.

Pathetic. There'll be people there who have never seen the Stones before.

You lot are exactly the type of people Jagger hates. Typical snobby critics. @#$%& off.

what ever you say there missy, lol.

noob poster are always the funniest,
especially when they get all pissy missy about it.

Pathetic how you think the year at which you signed up for this site is relevant. What are you, 12 years old?

Date: April 27, 2013 22:56

DeanGoodman
Yep, just been told about the random lottery and each person has been issued a numbered ticket. We are in a state of shock, been here since 5 am. Not sure what happening now.

That sucks man....but...

But keep your chin up man, you will get in, you will get in, you will get in.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:57

Max'sKansasCity
MisterDDDD
latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
crawdaddy
Am I missing something here???

bv's IORR posters scooped the story by 75 minutes, the monkey blew it. If one read the clues here, and were on the road ready to find the spot, one was there on time. The moral? Never trust a monkey to do IORR's business.

Actually.. the story was scooped on Twitter and then made it's way to IORR.

Twitter has become the information super highway.

links?

The lead singer of the band that was bumped "New Build" tweeted the info before 9 AM this morning... here's the tweet:

"New Build @newbuildband 4h
Right, that's it. The Rolling Stones have nicked our gig tngt at the Echo. This
time it's personal. Going down to have a word with Mick. #LA

Re: BE ALERT..........NEWS COMING!
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:58

corriecas
Free concert at Castricum aan Zee, Holland on June 24.
Confirmed by insiders.

Thats my Birthday!!!! Yippie Yea

jeroen

That place is one big cemetery !

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 27, 2013 22:59

Just a guess, but I think the way this will work is that they will pull one number out of a hat, say, 150, and then the people who have the next 300 numbers, 150 thru 450, will be the ones that get in. At least, that's how they used to do it at ticketmaster when they wanted to avoid having people camping out in line all night long for stuff.

Date: April 27, 2013 23:02

Am I missing something here???

bv's IORR posters scooped the story by 75 minutes, the monkey blew it. If one read the clues here, and were on the road ready to find the spot, one was there on time. The moral? Never trust a monkey to do IORR's business.[/quote]

Actually.. the story was scooped on Twitter and then made it's way to IORR.

Twitter has become the information super highway.[/quote]

links?[/quote]

The lead singer of the band that was bumped "New Build" tweeted the info before 9 AM this morning... here's the tweet:

"New Build @newbuildband 4h
Right, that's it. The Rolling Stones have nicked our gig tngt at the Echo. This
time it's personal. Going down to have a word with Mick. #LA[/quote]

the tweet is here- [twitter.com]

---------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

How would someone who does not follow this band get wired into this information. I am honestly asking. I want to know how it works. Can you do key words, like search for tweets with the words Rolling Stones, or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 23:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:08

Why the EchoPlex? What's the criteria aside from the size of the joint.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:08

tatters
Just a guess, but I think the way this will work is that they will pull one number out of a hat, say, 150, and then the people who have the next 300 numbers, 150 thru 450, will be the ones that get in. At least, that's how they used to do it at ticketmaster when they wanted to avoid having people camping out in line all night long for stuff.
That's how I got front row seats for opening night of No Security. I was at the box office in Oakland and they handed out numbers. I was 8th when they drew the number to start the line. But they had 10 windows open at a time.

Date: April 27, 2013 23:10

Never heard of New Build ,but they are getting the best publicity they ever/never had. smoking smiley

Date: April 27, 2013 23:14

How would someone who does not follow this band get wired into this information. I am honestly asking. I want to know how it works. Can you do key words, like search for tweets with the words Rolling Stones, or something.[/quote]

There is a search engine for key words.. I'm no expert, but in trying just that I didn't pull up New Build's tweet.. But, when I searched the venue.. it was right there. The way the info spread is from their 1400+ followers(at the time) re-tweeting it and then others re-tweeting and then....

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:15

Now this NewBuild dude twittered that they bargained the Stones will play at El Rey instead of Echoplex. "Satisfactory compromise all round" he says. What is going on here???????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 23:18 by maradona.

Date: April 27, 2013 23:18

MisterDDDD

How would someone who does not follow this band get wired into this information. I am honestly asking. I want to know how it works. Can you do key words, like search for tweets with the words Rolling Stones, or something.

There is a search engine for key words.. I'm no expert, but in trying just that I didn't pull up New Build's tweet.. But, when I searched the venue.. it was right there. The way the info spread is from their 1400+ followers(at the time) re-tweeting it and then others re-tweeting and then....[/quote]

....and then.... scoop the monkey smileys with beer

Posted by: Rip This ()

...for those lucky enough to get in tonight...I hope they do a George Jones tribute from Keith...and that Taylor joins them....amazing night for fans lucky enough to score a tix

I realy hope Mick Taylor is playing on this gig tonight.

This will give us some idea of his part on this Rolling Stones tour. winking smiley

Re: BE ALERT..........NEWS COMING!
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:23

Keessie
corriecas
Free concert at Castricum aan Zee, Holland on June 24.
Confirmed by insiders.

Thats my Birthday!!!! Yippie Yea

jeroen

That place is one big cemetery !

well, the band is nearly dead anyway.
Jeroen

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:26

Sixsixseveneight
maradona
Now this NewBuild dude twittered that they bargained the Stones will play at El Rey instead of Echoplex. "Satisfactory compromise all round" he says. What is going on here???????

Twittered? Christ this place is full of out of touch old farts...

Are you always a douchebag, or just on this site?

Date: April 27, 2013 23:27

Sixsixseveneight
maradona

To be honest I am not even 20 years old but studying English at university so I may surprise you by saying that the verb "to twitter" has existed for a far longer period than "to tweet" winking smiley

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:28

It is too bad that so many stupid comments clog up such an important thread. People have to surf through pages of BS to discover the information that might have got someone from IORR into line.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:31

What else is new? Best approach is to ignore them. Don't feed the trolls!

DeanGoodman

Sucks for you guys but hope it will work out in the end! I guess it was the point I made above about "insiders" getting the scoop early and keeping the info for themselves (at 5AM that New Build guy hadn't yet tweeted) so fans with no connections lost out, now they have a chance...hope bv gets lucky in the draw or can get a band invite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 23:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:35

Dean,
How did you know to be there at 5 AM?

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:39

NoCode0680
Sixsixseveneight
maradona

Only when I see people who have reportedly seen the Stones in excess of 47 times and think they are somehow entitled to every future show. Anyone who gets a ticket in place of them is branded a "dummy who only knows the hits".

This place started out very friendly, but its true colours have shown, becoming extremely egotistical and ignorant.

Date: April 27, 2013 23:43

Kurt
Dean,

Hopefully Dean will respond, but my guess is that like most of us, he and whoever else lined up there that early was well aware,like the rest of us,that the surprise gig was tonight and this was a likely venue to wait for the ticket drop.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:45

Some weird stuff going on

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 27, 2013 23:45

MisterDDDD
Kurt
Dean,

Hopefully Dean will respond, but my guess is that like most of us, he and whoever else lined up there that early was well aware,like the rest of us,that the surprise gig was tonight and this was a likely venue to wait for the ticket drop.

I hope he gets in and reports back on the entire experience!

Date: April 27, 2013 23:47

Sixsixseveneight
NoCode0680
Sixsixseveneight
maradona

Only when I see people who have reportedly seen the Stones in excess of 47 times and think they are somehow entitled to every future show. Anyone who gets a ticket in place of them is branded a "dummy who only knows the hits".

This place started out very friendly, but its true colours have shown, becoming extremely egotistical and ignorant.

I think your first reply went straight into my direction and I think I've already mentioned that Hyde Park July 6th will be my second show. But maybe you can tell me something about the other 45 gigs I apparently attended! Would be nice to fill my lack of memory... By the way: For sure I cannot be in L.A. as Saturday is nearly over here so no "entitlement" from my side cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home