Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Taking kids to a concert. Any idea?
Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:53

For goodness sake leave them at home. Rock concerts (especially outdoors) are not a place for children. It will take away from your own enjoyment of the show, and that of those around you.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:36

Camper88 wins! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:04

Have a heart people, the OP already said thanks for the advice, he's leaving the kids home. What a bunch of finger wagging scolds you all are, put your curlers and rolling pins back in the drawer. grinning smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 12, 2013 17:24

camper88
Allow me to offer a modest proposal . . .

thumbs up

Swiftly appreciated grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 12, 2013 17:27

Poor kids...they woulda had a blast and a hot dog and something to talk about with the parents for years and years to come.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 12, 2013 17:35

Couldn't agree more with Late Bloomer.

Apparently many of you vividly remember being 5 years old. "Talking with the parents for years and years to come" about the Rolling Stones based on being at Hyde Park" doesn't seem realistic to me. A dim memory perhaps...

Date: April 12, 2013 17:40

Taking small kids to a Stones gig. Are you serious? answer, no - you are stupid. Even if you get through it without any trauma do you think they are going to benefit from it?

I made a point of taking all of my kids to a stones gig over the last two tours, one at a time, at 24, 21 and 21

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 18, 2013 10:54

TooTough
Btw: Go to 3:50, this is what I call "kid close to the stage":

Having watched that video clip my daughter is now afraid tht she might be missing some lyrics when Mick hands her the microphone. (I calmed her down don't now abot any case Mick handing the mic to an individual from the audience)

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: April 18, 2013 16:30

Take 'em!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:33

IMO, 3 and 5 years old might be too young.
10 or 11 would be the youngest.

Get a babysitter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 18:33 by schillid.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 19:06 by Sixsixseveneight.

Date: April 18, 2013 19:14

Sixsixseveneight

Good idea

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:56

I took 3 out of my 6 children to a Stones concert they all were teenagers ( I think 13/14 is the minimum to take kids to a concert) all went all right except my son who was 15 back then, Toots and Maytals started way tooooo loud, so his first reaction was I want to go out...I said wait a few minutes and you get used to it....he did ;o)........... so if you take youngsters to a concert take some ear plugs with you especially if you in front...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 22:50 by NICOS.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:11

I'm taking my 11 year old to philly. You just never know if the opportunity will come again. first row, second level, towards the back. We will bring ear plugs, I will play the music loud in the car on the way over to get her used to it, and plan to have a great time...

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:40

I took my 10 year old to see Roger Waters, he had a good time, but we were in the uppers at Yankee Stadium. I'm taking him to Boston, we have lottery tix & he will be 11 by then. I'm only going to be worried if they put us in the pit, which I doubt.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:12

since you asked: no way would I take 5 year olds.
...I just took my son this December (he is nine)....there was an extremely drunk guy near us, so much so that it even bothered my 17 year old daughter...show was too old even for a nine year old.....however, others in the crowd were very nice, offering to change seats and keep an eye out.....I took my daughter when she was 10 and all went well.....I know how you feel - I was really glad to be able to take my kids, but I think it meant more to me than to them.....for what I spent, I could have gone to a second show.....made a great Christmas card, tho!...haha good luck and have fun!

Date: April 19, 2013 05:20

we took our 3yr old son to tina turner back in 1992. he doesn't remember and i was to drunk to remember!!!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:34

They will be bored. But i'd take them anyway. They may not remember but someday they'll thank you that you took them to see history.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 19, 2013 07:47

Take them to something they will remember and with songs they know or songs that will never get old. Take them to a Beach Boys or Brian Wilson show. Those songs will be in the fabric till the end of time.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: April 19, 2013 22:37

boy,I need to proofread myself...I meant the show was too long for him (he fell asleep)....I was close to stage mick's side and there were kids in front of me sleeping and they were teenagers.....

fun item - just before the show started I heard a woman behind me ask the child next to her if he wanted earplugs, turned around and it was mick's daughter....! no chance that will happen this time with the crummy vegas tix I got...oh well at least I will be there

Young children at Rolling Stones show
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:16

Hey there,

as I read about the tour rumors I ask myself: how old does a child have to be to go to a Rolling Stones show? What is your experience? My son is 3 now and I am sure the Stones will tour some more. We live in Germany. But is 6 years old enough? His Rolling Stones TOP 5:
1. Out of Time
2. Time is on my side
3. Satisfaction
4. As Tears go by
5. Brown Sugar

Do you bring ear protection? What is the deal?

Cheers
schwonek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-24 14:58 by bv.

Re: Young children @ Rolling Stones show
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:21

I have seen small children at a Stones show before but I think 6 is a little too young. At that age the concert may seem confusing and too overwhelming for most young kuds, and the late hours usually mean they will either fall asleep in the middle of it or get tired or bored and want leave to early. Personally, I would wait until he is older...and hope the Stones are still touring then.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-12 11:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:40

I'm not a parent so won't comment on the pros/cons, but will recommend ear protection strongly if you take him. I bought a pair as pictured below from Amazon on the recommendation of someone here. I wore them for several arena shows - they cut the volume and cleaned up the sound, and no ringing ears afterwards. I had them in my bag for last summer's stadium shows never thinking I'd use them outdoors, but I ended up using them for all 7 shows, was very glad to have them. Protect your kid and instill a good habit for life.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:48

I took my two daughters to a Stones show last summer. The girls were 10 and 12 at the time. I took ear plugs for them, which they used and they still had a blast. They danced all night, standing on the bleachers. I would say six might be a little young (bedtime?) but as a parent it's your call.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 12, 2016 02:00

Yeah, ear plugs are a must. Other than that, you know whether or not your kid can handle it. But the real question is will YOU enjoy it as much with your son there? I would be distracted and not able to relax if I brought one of my kids along when they were little, but that's me. I'm selfish when it comes to the Stones. Now they are mostly young adults, so I'm very happy to share the experience with them.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 12, 2016 02:02

Just me, but my girls <10 yrs. old would freak out (not in a good way) at a RS concert. LOUD, packed, crammed, bathroom breaks, no, no way.
The only one flippin' out at the Stones is me.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 12, 2016 02:08

I'm not a parent but I went to Glastonbury festival for the first time when I was 5 years old and I loved it but everyone is different some kids would not like the crowds and noise.

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 12, 2016 03:04

Took my daughter to Austin when she was 5 and she loved it...maybe even more than I did! Took other daughter at 9 to Arlington and whoa...she loved it too!

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: January 12, 2016 03:31

I took my 8-year-old daughter to the Orlando show in June. It was largely for historical purposes (it was way too loud for her). When I was 10 my father took me to see Elvis in Duluth, Minnesota a few months before Elvis died. I'm now 49 and all my life I have been able to say I saw Elvis live. Not many people can make that claim. I want my daughter to be able to say the same thing about the Stones when she grows up. Four months after the Orlando show we went to Taylor Swift. Sad to say, she liked that better.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 03:31

now that's finally a topic where I can speak for myself. My first concert was, as you can guess when you read my nickname, the voodoo lounge concert at hockenheimring in 1995. I was 7 years old at that time and I really remember much of that concert. My parents brought a styrofoam block to the concert where I could stand on. But I have to say that in 1990 I was crying - believe me or not I was 2,5 years old - because I couldn't go to the concert with my parents. I remember sitting on the stairs at the house of my grandparents. I could operate the CD player at home back then. My favourite song was Miss You. Probalby because it was the first song on the CD Rewind...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home