Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 45
Re: Added fees on $85 tix
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:34

I agree. I was sort of prepared for an extra fee on the $85 tickets. Just in this age of absolute lying and greediness, its sad that I don't ever believe it when people say "this is how much it costs!" because 9 times out of 10 it still costs ALITTLE more. But as someone thats going to Philly I didn't realize they charged the most. I saw the insane charge for will call tickets and just figured everyone was doing that. Obviously I'm still happy I got the tickets, but boy thats a really dick move on their part. I'm not low on money or anything, but its just the principle of these ridiculous charges.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:52

Well, someone does have to sit behind the counter and hand them out...that has to be what the extra fee is for! winking smiley

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:53

The Stones really should be ashamed of themselves. $85 tickets are bullsh**. Maybe someone got them but I don't know who. I was looking at Stubhub and you can get McCartney Tickets for $60. Stones cheapest was for hundreds. These guys are just obscene with the prices they want.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:55

Guys... seriously... find something else to complain about. I agree about Ticketmaster fees being stupid, but the $85 tickets are a great idea.

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:58

be thankful you got tickets to that show

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:03

$85 tickets were very easy to obtain for Staples Center in LA, I think they probably sold more than the stated "1000." No additional fee, $170 total for two.

Date: April 23, 2013 21:12

Beast of Babylon
be thankful you got tickets to that show

I am very thankful and grateful and happy..I just think the extra fee for will call pick up is a bit much, but I doubt the Stones are responsible for it. It seems like something that would come through the venue or the promoter.

Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets for US & Canada Tour - rollingstones.com
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 24, 2013 10:54

$85 tix for Staples, May 3, are available. I just scored a pair.

Edit: the link is [tickets.axs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 11:22 by gwen.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 24, 2013 12:23

Get in there all you fans in California.
Could have got two $85 tix after several attempts,but can't make May 3rd.
Had GA5 Pit and arrow pointing to rear of floor area.
Probably doesn't mean anything,but great to know $85 tix can come up at times. winking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 24, 2013 13:10

With the date change, I am sure that there will be tons of cancellations (most people have plans on a Friday night) so there should be lots to choose from. Hope a lot of us can go!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 24, 2013 13:50

I think it would be fascinating if someone made a documentary of the story of the $85 tickets and who sat where in each city they were available...with a segment on extra fees on all tickets...not just the $85 ones.

The handling fees on all tickets must be a story onto itself, though. It must be the only way the promoter can break even. To me, AEG has become a very bad word. And, of course, Ticketmaster.

Date: April 24, 2013 14:05

stonesrule
I think it would be fascinating if someone made a documentary of the story of the $85 tickets and who sat where in each city they were available...with a segment on extra fees on all tickets...not just the $85 ones.

The handling fees on all tickets must be a story onto itself, though. It must be the only way the promoter can break even. To me, AEG has become a very bad word. And, of course, Ticketmaster.

I agree with you there.
Saying that,Staples Centre are probably the only gigs where $85 is total price.
When the show is over on May 3rd we will hear many storys (I hope ) of fans getting pit tix and front row seats.
Hopefully we will then know how it will work.
I hope there will not be many fans getting nosebleed and not very good seats.
Although paying $85 to see The Rolling Stones live on this tour,there can't realy be any complaints wherever you are in the arena. winking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 24, 2013 15:41

crawdaddy
stonesrule

I agree with you there.
Saying that,Staples Centre are probably the only gigs where $85 is total price.
When the show is over on May 3rd we will hear many storys (I hope ) of fans getting pit tix and front row seats.
Hopefully we will then know how it will work.
I hope there will not be many fans getting nosebleed and not very good seats.
Although paying $85 to see The Rolling Stones live on this tour,there can't realy be any complaints wherever you are in the arena. winking smiley

Organizationwise I am sure the seats and the few tickets for pit are already. For the pit I am sure there is a maximum amount of people as it was last year due to security reasons. The seats may be fixed one week before the show for each concert as it is otherwise very complicated to handle. I mean 500 orders have to handled extra by the Will Call centre plus the VIP which mostlikely will be extra. So I just hope that all those people have they seats or pit space before the show starts.
Do not forget that this is something new to deal with for the organisors.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 15:53

I got them for all three Chicago shows. I practiced in the Toronto sale an hour before so I knew what to do and was ready to rock. Plus I hear they keep randomly popping up for various shows so keep trying. I have a feeling the unsold P1's are being repriced as $85 tickets since they aren't selling in many markets.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2013 23:20

I e mailed TM Customer Service and found out they will not let me keep both pairs of tickets that I had gotten for Vegas, they are two "per household." They are going to refund me the one pair about two weeks after purchase.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 23:41 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2013 23:26

timbernardis
I e mailed TM Customer Service and found out they will not let me keep both pairs of tickets that I had got for Vegas, they are two "per household." They are going to refund me the one pair about two weeks after purchase.

plexi

That kind of sucks...but at least you'll get a refund.

And on a brighter note, it means more $85's will be put back in the pot for those who were unable to geth them the first go.

Date: April 24, 2013 23:44

Hairball
timbernardis
I e mailed TM Customer Service and found out they will not let me keep both pairs of tickets that I had got for Vegas, they are two "per household." They are going to refund me the one pair about two weeks after purchase.

plexi

And on a brighter note, it means more $85's will be put back in the pot for those who were unable to geth them the first go.

Any idea when the second go might be, or do you think they will just drop a few at a time?

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2013 23:49

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis

plexi

Any idea when the second go might be, or do you think they will just drop a few at a time?

plexi

I don't know, but yesterday a small handful were put back in the pot and available for the rescheduled May 3rd show after I assume some people wanted a refund for their May 2 tix.

If you're getting you're refund two weeks after purchase (and you're probably not the only one), I'm guessing these will be added back to the pot then?

Date: April 24, 2013 23:59

timbernardis
I e mailed TM Customer Service and found out they will not let me keep both pairs of tickets that I had gotten for Vegas, they are two "per household." They are going to refund me the one pair about two weeks after purchase.

plexi

I feel that it's unfair to fans who genuinely thought that you could go for up to 8 tix for friends/family.
I personally think that 2 tix per person/household is fairer to the real fans,but in a lot of instances like above with plexi,let them have the 2 extra tix. confused smiley

The wording was totally unclear. confused smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 25, 2013 00:02

yeah...well..Im gonna pretend I didnt read that plexi post and hope for the best. I will beg and plead ignorance if they try and take the other pair I paid for. I may end up with 2 very disapointed people.

Date: April 25, 2013 00:15

lettingitbleed
yeah...well..Im gonna pretend I didnt read that plexi post and hope for the best. I will beg and plead ignorance if they try and take the other pair I paid for. I may end up with 2 very disapointed people.

I reckon ,with I.D.and credit card etc,plead ignorance will go a long way on the night,and they probably will not even question it.
They are gonna have a lot to do with ''Will Call '',allocate them, and all that stuff.

They are not gonna say ''Your seats/pit numbers are taken'' when you got the receipt and payment details. smoking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2013 00:38

The reply timbernardis received indicated his order will be cancelled prior to the show date, so the Will Call ploy seems likely to fail.

TicketMaster's cancellation policy states "without notice to you", so those with more than one order should keep check on their TicketMaster accounts.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:55

tatters

Now that's funny as HELL!

CBII

Date: April 25, 2013 04:29

bye bye johnny
The reply timbernardis received indicated his order will be cancelled prior to the show date, so the Will Call ploy seems likely to fail.

TicketMaster's cancellation policy states "without notice to you", so those with more than one order should keep check on their TicketMaster accounts.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Dumb question, but it has to be two per household per show, right? I have two $85 tickets for the two shows in Philadelphia and I have been assuming that's fine, but you guys are making me nervous...

Date: April 25, 2013 04:36

latebloomer
bye bye johnny

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Dumb question, but it has to be two per household per show, right? I have two $85 tickets for the two shows in Philadelphia and I have been assuming that's fine, but you guys are making me nervous...

I would assume you would be fine, but you could always e mail or call TM with your question.

plexi

Date: April 25, 2013 10:28

@latebloomer - There is no limit on how many shows you can attend at that price. You could do the $85 tickets to every gig on the tour. Would still be cheaper than a single pit ticket!

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:58

I'm thinking about doing something that's either smart or stupid, I can't decide which...

Bought one of the $500 tix before I got a pair of $85s. Think I'll just go in and see which seat is best and go for that one! I have a couple of friends I may haul along and just tell them the seats are on me, but I get the best one and they may not get to sit together winking smiley

I've never seen the Stones before, coming from Nashville and I almost don't want to be in the pit, since I'm short and can never see in a GA crowd. What would *you* do?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:48

tnhybrid
I'm thinking about doing something that's either smart or stupid, I can't decide which...

Bought one of the $500 tix before I got a pair of $85s. Think I'll just go in and see which seat is best and go for that one! I have a couple of friends I may haul along and just tell them the seats are on me, but I get the best one and they may not get to sit together winking smiley

I've never seen the Stones before, coming from Nashville and I almost don't want to be in the pit, since I'm short and can never see in a GA crowd. What would *you* do?

I am quite short (5 feet and 6 or so) and I had a pretty god view in the pit, but I was not upfront in the rows, but laid back. My wife is shorter than me and still was thrilled with the view. I was able to walk to the sidlines up to 2nd row to take photos and it was good. OK I stood on my tows sometimes. But it all depends are tall the people are in general in the pit.

Date: April 25, 2013 12:53

flacnvinyl
@latebloomer - There is no limit on how many shows you can attend at that price. You could do the $85 tickets to every gig on the tour. Would still be cheaper than a single pit ticket!

Thanks flacnivinyl and timbernardis, that's what I thought, just needed a little reassurance. smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2013 21:25

Forgive my bad MSPaint skills. Here is a comparison that might be a bad indicator for us common folks.. If anyone grabbed tickets for the Staples Center show, and was able to see the map before today, please shed some insight. Have those pink sections always been on the map or was the top deck all red and blue prior to the $85 tickets being released?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home