Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:03

Dougratajczak87
I hate to the bearer of bad news but, I just talked to the manager of the Staples Center Box Office. They are enforcing a two ticket limit per household. I would imagine the other locations will be as well. Even if you don't receive a cancellation from Ticketmaster, this doesn't bode well at all for those with multiple pairs.

Staples Center tickets were sold through axs.com, and had a posted limit of two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 22:05 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:09

bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87
I hate to the bearer of bad news but, I just talked to the manager of the Staples Center Box Office. They are enforcing a two ticket limit per household. I would imagine the other locations will be as well. Even if you don't receive a cancellation from Ticketmaster, this doesn't bode well at all for those with multiple pairs.

Staples Center tickets were sold through axs.com, and had a posted limit of two.

where does it say that?

I see the same text as the other shows

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:10

crawdaddy
NWSooner
We all four will have ARIZONA Drivers License's, not sure if that will be enough but I'm praying it will be fine, getting them to sign up for two $85's is an idea but a major hassle.

Anxious to hear about Friday's opener proceedings....NWSooner

I reckon you're gonna be fine.

It has been at the best ,dubious from the start of this AEG fiasco,with the 2 tix or 8 tix thing.
They are not going to turn away paid ticketholders,and having empty seats instead.

smoking smiley

So many conflicting ideas...............may be worth looking at what happens after Staples on Friday.

I still feel confident you will get in O.K. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: doublenit ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:16

I got confirmation from TM in an email already, but wanted to confirm.

I just spoke with someone at the United Center in Chicago.

I told him I have two pairs of the $85 tickets from the day they went on sale. The guy said, as long as you have the tickets, you'll get in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 22:16 by doublenit.

Date: May 1, 2013 22:18

doublenit

I told him I have two pairs of the $85 tickets from the day they went on sale. The guy said, as long as you have the tickets, you'll get in.

You'd have to get them at the box office spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I figured that the Staples Center might know more since it's two days away. Chances are they have it together at this point (or as much as they can prior to the show). I hope you're right though, as I have multiple pairs for Chicago.

Date: May 1, 2013 22:23

Dougratajczak87

You'd have to get them at the box office spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I figured that the Staples Center might know more since it's two days away. Chances are they have it together at this point (or as much as they can prior to the show). I hope you're right though, as I have multiple pairs for Chicago.

You're right about that...of course, when I tried to ask if they would let me have the tickets at will-call, he was ready to hang up.

I'm hoping it works out for the Staples Center folks so I can relax a little.

Date: May 1, 2013 22:25

doublenit
Dougratajczak87

You're right about that...of course, when I tried to ask if they would let me have the tickets at will-call, he was ready to hang up.

I'm hoping it works out for the Staples Center folks so I can relax a little.

Same. I could hear the lady at the box office trying to strangle me over the phone when I had to repeat my question several times. Finally got to talk to the manager to get the answer.

Date: May 1, 2013 22:26

doublenit

Are you referring to the generic Ticketmaster order confirmations, or did you e-mail Ticketmaster asking them specifically about multiple orders?

Posted this info several pages back:

bye bye johnny
United Center Guest Relations office advises they'll have a dedicated area and/or ticket windows specifically for the $85 tickets.

FWIW, their information is a strict two ticket per household limit - purchaser and guest.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 1, 2013 23:33

Hate to say this, but just because it is handled one way at the Staples Center on Friday does not necessarily mean this is the way it will be handled at other shows. Each venue may handle it differently.

I am still waiting for my ticket cancellations and refund, but if I don't have them by Friday (two weeks from date of purchase which is when they said this would happen), I don't know what I'll do. Contact them and ask for my refund or just assume the extra pair of tickets will work???

I will have the news from the three previous concerts before Vegas to see what happens and if it is consistent at all three shows, I guess I will assume that that is the way it will be in Vegas and I can go from there.

plexi

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 1, 2013 23:38

I just hope in the end everyone realizes that these are perhaps the best problems anyone can ever have. Stones concert ticket issues are the best kind of issues.

Not to belittle the concerns, but these are good concerns..... better for instance, than being concered about murder, death and taxes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 23:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:04

FINALLY, got through to the Grand Garden Arena at the MGM, spoke to Jerome, told him that I purchased 4 of the $85 Tickets using two different Ticketmaster Accounts and two different credit cards that also had different mailing address's but that the cards and accounts were both in my name and that I was bringing friends from Arizona and asked him point blank if we were going to get hassled at the will call, he asked for my order #'s which I gave to him and he asked me to hold on. About 6 minutes later he came back on the line and said that the guidelines they were operating under were that the tickets were only to be sold in PAIRS, but they had no information stating that you could only purchase one pair per person. I informed him that this was good news and that I would be using his name and documenting the date and time of our conversation in case I was given problems upon arrival. I then asked what time I could get the tickets at will call, he said he the day of the show only but they hadn't announced the time yet.

Here is the number 702-891-3150 . . . but good luck getting through it took me forever over a few days......NWSooner

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:07

Max'sKansasCity
I just hope in the end everyone realizes that these are perhaps the best problems anyone can ever have. Stones concert ticket issues are the best kind of issues.

Not to belittle the concerns, but these are good concerns..... better for instance, than being concered about murder, death and taxes.

Yes ticket issues are truly first world problems.

I spent even LESS than a $85 a ticket...$75 for the THIRD ROW!!!

Mind you that is for John Cleese. At least he's English too, although not a funny as Keith.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:19

On RS.com where it describes the $85 ticket policy it has no reference whatsoever about limits.

On the ticketmaster $85 dollar page it has (click ? for important restrictions). When you do, a little instruction box pops up, that says tickets will be sold only in pairs. No limits listed,Nothing about Households so I bought two pairs.

Also on the bottom of the $85 page Clearly visible it states that:
There is an (8) ticket limit for the general public onsale

Myself and everbody else who bought these tickets were during the General Public onsale. I also bought a pair of 250's for back up which makes a total of 6 bought during the General on public sale well under the stated 8 limit.

Are there any Civil Attorneys posting on IORR? Maybe they can clearify this issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 00:21 by virgil.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:24

Does anybody know if..or when...$85 tix are or will be available for Philly shows?

Thanks.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:44

virgil
On RS.com where it describes the $85 ticket policy it has no reference whatsoever about limits.

On the ticketmaster $85 dollar page it has (click ? for important restrictions). When you do, a little instruction box pops up, that says tickets will be sold only in pairs. No limits listed,Nothing about Households so I bought two pairs.

Also on the bottom of the $85 page Clearly visible it states that:
There is an (8) ticket limit for the general public onsale

Myself and everbody else who bought these tickets were during the General Public onsale. I also bought a pair of 250's for back up which makes a total of 6 bought during the General on public sale well under the stated 8 limit.

Are there any Civil Attorneys posting on IORR? Maybe they can clearify this issue.

This is all too reminiscent of the mess over Hyde Park tickets - i.e., the website said (or didn't say) one thing at the time of the ticket sale and then the goalposts changed after the sale to say a different thing. Next, all those who asked for clarification or any sort of information got conflicting stories. Hopeless.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 2, 2013 02:20

That's AEG to you! Sure seems like a messy and disorganized company...which probably explains why they are about to take a huge bath on the US shows.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 2, 2013 04:02

Why on earth would anybody pay full price at this point?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 2, 2013 04:27

I wouldn't get too excited about the $85 tickets. An almighty deluge will go on sale to "paper over" the glaring gaps in the 300 section. That's where empty seats are the most noticeable to those in the stands and on the floor looking around.

A lucky few will win the lottery -- yeah, we know how the Stones are great at organzing that -- and get upgraded, but right now it's purely business and keeping up appearances. Saving face.

Date: May 2, 2013 04:49

Very good point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 2, 2013 05:06

andrewt

...that's the point, no one will.

Date: May 2, 2013 05:10

treaclefingers
andrewt

...that's the point, no one will.

Damn straight!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 2, 2013 05:47

DeanGoodman
I wouldn't get too excited about the $85 tickets. An almighty deluge will go on sale to "paper over" the glaring gaps in the 300 section. That's where empty seats are the most noticeable to those in the stands and on the floor looking around.
We shouldn't get too excited about being in the building for half price? I don't care if it's nosebleeds. I don't care if I'm sitting and watching other people dancing and watching a concert down below. Whatever. I'm there for half the price. I'll take it!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 2, 2013 05:55

GumbootCloggeroo

We shouldn't get too excited about being in the building for half price? I don't care if it's nosebleeds. I don't care if I'm sitting and watching other people dancing and watching a concert down below. Whatever. I'm there for half the price. I'll take it!

Bless you. I will burn some incense to the Upgrade Gods on your behalf.

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: May 2, 2013 11:23

Member „40 licks tix“ of shidobee has spoken to the arena manager in Oakland. Hope I may share/quote this here.

Thank you "40 licks tix"!!!

Handling of 85$ tix in Oakland:

"If you have mystery tix, you will go to the special will call near the South Entrance starting at 7:00pm. No earlier. The location of all these seats is completely random. Somewhere between the Pit and the nosebleeds. Total luck of the draw. Your name will be on a list and you will be randomly handed one of the envelopes that contains 2 tix from a box. Once you get your tix you have to immediately enter the Arena. Because of the random factor there is really no advantage or disadvantage to being early versus later."

Please be aware that this handling is not yet offically confirmed by rollingstones.com or oracle arena in Oakland. Things can change and perhaps every arena handles it different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 11:27 by Salan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 2, 2013 11:30

It makes sense, seems like the easiest way to do it. It's strange an "arena manager" would call some tickets "nose bleeds" though!

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: May 2, 2013 12:07

gotdablouse
It makes sense, seems like the easiest way to do it. It's strange an "arena manager" would call some tickets "nose bleeds" though!

Yes you are right, but it was a longer conversation (see Oakland thread) and „40 licks tix“ has written it down from memory in his own words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 12:23 by Salan.

Posted by: eddiefm ()
Date: May 2, 2013 15:46

Regarding the second round of $85 tickets, any idea what time on Friday will AEG send out the email allowing us to purchase the tickets? These scalpers on ebay are rotten. You can get floor seats from Axs for $600each (still) or scalpers for 1,000+. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get the $85 tickets. I've seen a few stones concerts before but my girlfriend hasn't. And she loves the stones too. Just can't really afford the normal tickets. I'm optimistic though. Really sad we missed the echoplex tickets by 2 hours. I'm getting obsessed searching for tickets. Haha.. cant sleep. Kinda happy the scalpers seem to be losing at their tricks. smiling smiley

Date: May 2, 2013 15:49

No I actually got an email from ticketmaster about this issue. See below:

Date: May 2, 2013 15:53

doublenit
No I actually got an email from ticketmaster about this issue. See below:

Thank you so much for posting this!

Date: May 2, 2013 16:52

@doublenit - thanks for posting that e-mail.

So Ticketmaster is sending cancellation notices for orders exceeding a two ticket limit and confirming an eight ticket limit.

What a mess.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home