Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: For Some Of Us, Mick Taylor Is The 'Sell'...
Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:28

Shade
palerider22
Strange...For the past 48 hours I've been communicating with some buddies that I've been to Stones concerts with since the '81 tour and the general thought has been somewhat surprising. We're all in our 50's and to a man, and we're all men...Nobody...and I mean, Nobody...seems to be willing to shell out a couple of hundred, or a few hundred dollars, to see the same act that we've seen the last 20-odd years. I find myself reluctant as well. The general consensus is that unless Mick Taylor plays on a good half-dozen Ya-ya's/Sticky/Exile songs we're not interested (and the wives and girlfriends sure as heck aren't interested!). If it turns out he's only there for one song in the first couple of shows...pffft!

It's not that anyone doesn't like the present line-up but it's a been there-done that feeling....at least 15 shows since '81. Maybe it's because we're in our antiquated years, I don't know. But Mick Taylor, out of nowhere, has somehow become the only incentive to go see them once again...at least for us old guys. Maybe the newer fans couldn't care less. So...it's a wait in see...no panic rush to get tickets...yet. Maybe I'll end up going anyway. It's sure to be a great show but I'm feeling that I've already seen it before. If I do go and Taylor's on for one song only...it won't be special...know what I mean?

Don't like it? Then don't go. I can't wait to see the Rolling Stones. Mick Taylor is NOT the sell. Easily replaced. check out Black and Blue.

yeah , ecactly , it took THREE guitarists to replace mick . . . . .

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:40

Title5Take1
I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I hope M.T. is dieting.

Huh? Will it make him play better or something?

Date: April 7, 2013 17:49

straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22
Strange...For the past 48 hours I've been communicating with some buddies that I've been to Stones concerts with since the '81 tour and the general thought has been somewhat surprising. We're all in our 50's and to a man, and we're all men...Nobody...and I mean, Nobody...seems to be willing to shell out a couple of hundred, or a few hundred dollars, to see the same act that we've seen the last 20-odd years. I find myself reluctant as well. The general consensus is that unless Mick Taylor plays on a good half-dozen Ya-ya's/Sticky/Exile songs we're not interested (and the wives and girlfriends sure as heck aren't interested!). If it turns out he's only there for one song in the first couple of shows...pffft!

It's not that anyone doesn't like the present line-up but it's a been there-done that feeling....at least 15 shows since '81. Maybe it's because we're in our antiquated years, I don't know. But Mick Taylor, out of nowhere, has somehow become the only incentive to go see them once again...at least for us old guys. Maybe the newer fans couldn't care less. So...it's a wait in see...no panic rush to get tickets...yet. Maybe I'll end up going anyway. It's sure to be a great show but I'm feeling that I've already seen it before. If I do go and Taylor's on for one song only...it won't be special...know what I mean?

Don't like it? Then don't go. I can't wait to see the Rolling Stones. Mick Taylor is NOT the sell. Easily replaced. check out Black and Blue.

There are five guitarists on Black and blue smiling smiley

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:57

DandelionPowderman
straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22

How many Black And Blue songs are they expected to play? When was the last tour that had at least one Black And Blue song?

Date: April 7, 2013 17:59

Licks tour. Memory Motel and Hot Stuff.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:09

DandelionPowderman
Licks tour. Memory Motel and Hot Stuff.

hand of fate, too

Date: April 7, 2013 18:17

Thanks! I knew I missed one there smiling smiley did they rehearse Fool to cry as well, no?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:23

DandelionPowderman
Thanks! I knew I missed one there smiling smiley did they rehearse Fool to cry as well, no?

probably...it was played on the prior tour...

Date: April 7, 2013 19:36

DandelionPowderman
straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22

yeah , excactly , it took THREE guitarists to replace mick . . . . .

i suppose you are referring to mick and keith , but they had been playing alongside mick taylor for years !

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 19:49

Beast
Title5Take1
I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I hope M.T. is dieting.

Huh? Will it make him play better or something?

Why do rock star posters sell? You can't hear them.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:07

straycatblues73
DandelionPowderman
straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22

i suppose you are referring to mick and keith , but they had been playing alongside mick taylor for years !

So?

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:02

Definitely a huge selling point for me. Probably would have gone anyway as its been 7 years since I last saw them but it definitely clinched the deal. Really hope he gets to play on more than one song. He's a brilliant guitar player, saw him with John Mayall back in 2004.
I think the band put out their best stuff whilst he was in the band, hoping for some stuff off Exile, my favorite album.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:18

straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22

No, only one--Ron Wood. They recorded Black and Blue while auditioning a succession of guitarists, finally settling on Ron Wood.

Date: April 8, 2013 21:33

stonehearted
straycatblues73
Shade
palerider22

No, only one--Ron Wood. They recorded Black and Blue while auditioning a succession of guitarists, finally settling on Ron Wood.

it took THREE guitarists to replace mick . . . . this was only a little remark , jokingly put but now . ..

you can nitpick all you like ,the truth is -on black and blue taylor is replaced with three guitarists.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home