Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Set list: Mick Jagger says, he's open to our suggestions. Any ideas? (For people without Twitter)
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:10

I know I know... already posted this on Mick's facebook page and in another IORR post, but I am going to do it again. While Taylor did not play on Beggar's in 68, I loved the No Expectations from the 73 benefit show and loved the Ya-Yas Stray Cat & Sympathy.

I could care less about the rest of the setlist. My only concern is that it is dominated with the 68-74 songs and that Taylor is playing on about 5 of them!

My hope is he gets to play on a set of songs from this group:
68 (No Expectations, Stray Cat, Sympathy)
69 (Gimme Shelter in the style of 72/73, YCAGWYW 72/73 style; Love in Vain with Ronnie on lap steel and Taylor swapping a lead)
71 (Sway, CYHMK)
72 (Torn & Frayed w/ Ronnie on lap steel and MT on lead, Loving Cup, All Down the Line, Tumbling Dice and maybe even trade leads with Ronnie on Happy)
73 (Angie- electric 73 style, Silver Train)
74 (IORR- with the 3 original guitarists on the song playing at the same time! But in the original release style, like the Foo Fighters copied with Jagger, maybe Time Waits For No One)

and then maybe throw in Plundered My Soul.

Obviously, they wouldn't do every number every show but I think mixing up a 5 song rotation on different nights at the same venue would be perfect. What do you think?

Re: Set list: Mick Jagger says, he's open to our suggestions. Any ideas? (For people without Twitter)
Posted by: three16 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:37

Send It To Me
Too Tight
Tie You Up (Pain of Love)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:31

bigmac7895
I know I know... already posted this on Mick's facebook page and in another IORR post, but I am going to do it again. While Taylor did not play on Beggar's in 68, I loved the No Expectations from the 73 benefit show and loved the Ya-Yas Stray Cat & Sympathy.

I could care less about the rest of the setlist. My only concern is that it is dominated with the 68-74 songs and that Taylor is playing on about 5 of them!

My hope is he gets to play on a set of songs from this group:
68 (No Expectations, Stray Cat, Sympathy)
69 (Gimme Shelter in the style of 72/73, YCAGWYW 72/73 style; Love in Vain with Ronnie on lap steel and Taylor swapping a lead)
71 (Sway, CYHMK)
72 (Torn & Frayed w/ Ronnie on lap steel and MT on lead, Loving Cup, All Down the Line, Tumbling Dice and maybe even trade leads with Ronnie on Happy)
73 (Angie- electric 73 style, Silver Train)
74 (IORR- with the 3 original guitarists on the song playing at the same time! But in the original release style, like the Foo Fighters copied with Jagger, maybe Time Waits For No One)

and then maybe throw in Plundered My Soul.

Obviously, they wouldn't do every number every show but I think mixing up a 5 song rotation on different nights at the same venue would be perfect. What do you think?

From that group of songs you've got there, I think they should do every number every show.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:43

Three songs from the golden era using Mick Taylor that would make a difference in the setlist for this fan:

Love In Vain, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Time Waits for No One

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:54

Sicilian - I like your set list except Sad Sad Sad, The Lantern (I like but many others I'drather see performed live) and neighbors

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:08

It's not easy
Dancing with Mr D
Soul Survior
I've got the Blues
Off the hook
Sad Sad Sad

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:17

Opening song?

Tell Me of course..followed by Long Long While and It's all over now....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 6, 2013 20:18

Plundered My Soul! With Mick T on lead guitar of course.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:54

Well, if Mick, Keith, Charlie ever see this:

Come on
Last time
Satisfaction
Paint it black
Gimme shelter
Little red rooster
Love in vain (MT)
Midnight rambler (MT)
Tumbling dice (MT)
Beast of burden
Happy
It's only rock'n'roll
Doom and gloom
Start me up
Honky tonk women
Brown sugar
You can't always get what you want (MT)
Sympathy for the devil (MT)
Jumping Jack flash (MT)

Encores:
No expectations (why not sharing some verses with Keith)
We love you

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:57

She's a Rainbow....

It's so London.

I love it.

They must do it.

After they do Fortune Teller.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:05

There you go Mick........

Sympathy<>Too much blood<>2000 Light Years<>Can't you hear me knocking (half hour opening 'song')
Honky Tonk women
JJ Flash
Satisfaction
Out of control
Feel on baby
Coming down again (duet)
2 Keith songs
Let the good times roll<>Route 66<>Around and around
Hey Negrita
Dance little sister - with Mick Taylor
Brown sugar- MT
Time waits for no one - MT
encore:
Gimme shelter - MT
Let it loose - MT

They'll have to dig deep if they want to impress the Glastonbury mob, lest they have gangs of blokes standing round singing "Music for your dad, music for your dad, Music for your d-a--a a-d...when Tumbling dice is playing as they were at the Isle of Wight in 2007.

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:09

1. Bitch
2. It's All Over Now
3. Respectable
4. Flip the Switch
5. Loving Cup
6. Sway
7. Star Star
8. Stop Breaking Down
9. When The Whip Comes Down
10. Monkey Man
11. Out Of Control
12. Before they Make Me Run
13. Coming Down Again
14. Can You Hear Me Knocking
15. 19th Nervous breakdown
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Sweet Virginia
18. Dead Flowers
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Time Waits for no one
Encore: Satisfaction, Rocks Off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:05 by jackdog.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:06

Plundered My Soul
Do You Think I Ever Care?
Keep Up Blues
Loving Cup
Stop Breaking Down
Sweet Virginia
Moonlight Mile
I've got the Blues

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:19

One Hit (to the Body)
She's a Rainbow
Plundered My Soul
Saint of Me
Out of Time
Do You Think I Really Care
Stray Cat Blues
Time Waits for No One
Down the Road Apiece
Star Star
Let Me Go
Hang Fire
Citadel (great rocker)

I'd add the following because they're great songs, but they're too obscure and/or hard to reproduce well:

Tie You Up (the Pain of Love)
Let It Loose
Down Home Girl (!)
Something Happened to Me Yesterday
Dandelion

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:50

'Coming Down Again'
'Dance Little Sister'

Posted by: Douglas ()
Date: April 7, 2013 02:07

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Hang Fire
3. Not Fade Away
4. Doom & Gloom
5. Honky Tonk Women
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Beast Of Burden
8. Back Of My Hand
9. Paint It, Black
10. Around & Around
11. Miss You
12. Lady Jane
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Too Rude
15. Happy
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Bitch
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Sympathy For The Devil
20. Satisfaction
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Start Me Up
23. Brown Sugar

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 02:14 by Douglas.

Date: April 7, 2013 02:21

For me the perfect opener would be:

"...the band´s on stage and it`s one of those nights...."

If you can´t rock me!!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 7, 2013 02:34

Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Saint Of Me
Monkey Man
Live With Me
Out Of Tears
Stray Cat Blues
Angie (With Mick Taylor)
Respectable
Can't Be Seen
The Worst
If You Can't Rock Me
Terrifying
Beast Of Burden
Plundered My Soul (With Mick Taylor)
So Young
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Encore:
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (With Mick Taylor)
Jumping Jack Flash

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 7, 2013 02:48

If so, some songs would have to go. These are: Midnight Rambler, Paint It Black, Miss You, Sympathy For The Devil.

My wishes:

19th Nervous Breakdown
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
Out Of Time
She`s A Rainbow
Sleepy City
I`m Going Down
Winter
Silver Train
Fingerprint File
Time Waits For No One
Black Limousine
Waiting On A Friend
Mixed Emotions
Hearts For Sale
Love Is Strong
I Go Wild
Low Down
It Won`t Take Long
Dangerous Beauty

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 02:56

Get Up, Stand Up - as mentioned elsewhere. For the people in Tiers 1 and 2 to stand up for what they were promised and smash the fences to get there.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 7, 2013 09:18

Dear Mick,
'
Some of these please. Love ya. Tell Keith,Ronnie and Charlie 'hello'' from me.

Jigsaw Puzzle
Child of the Moon
Winter
Coming Down Again
One Hit to the Body
Salt of the Earth
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits for No One - with Mick Taylor
Sway- with Mick taylor
Stray Cat Blues
Can You Hear Me Knockin
Dancing with Mr. D

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: April 7, 2013 15:54

Main thing for myself is that they perform the songs without guests...... Wouldn't mind hearing:

Happy (with Mick & Keith together like 72)
Around & Around
Mercy Mercy
Salt Of The Earth
You Got The Silver
No Expectations
Ruby Tuesday
Shine A Light
Memory Motel

If I continued, the list would get way too long! And my cat 'Mick' (not named by me, I got him from a shelter when he was 10) is hassling me.......

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:47

I'd go for

Dandelion
Long long while
Time waits for no one
Sittin' on a fence

and as a special gimmick they could perform The under assistant west coast promotion man in LA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 17:48 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: PrivateGodfrey2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:32

In view of the great decision to have General Admission tickets in Hyde Park perhaps they should play this one in London...

Out of Tiers !!
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: TatooMe ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:32

60's - Out of Time, Parachute Women
70's - Coming Down Again, Time Waits for No One
80's - Slave, Tie Me Up (Pain of Love)
90's - I Go Wild, Saint of Me
00's - Losing My Touch, Let Me Down Slow
10's - Doom and Gloom

Date: April 9, 2013 11:28

I forgot to mention "Star Star" (if possible with Ronnie singing the chorus together with Mick like in the "Some Girls in Texas" movie)

"When the Whip comes Down" could be something, too.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 9, 2013 11:46

Please, just a couple or few songs that haven't been played, or rarely played in many years. This would be exciting.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2013 13:51

SLAVE

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 23:36

Had It With You

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 9, 2013 23:54

Yes to everything everyone has said... Wonder if they'd actually dig out real rarities this time... Dance Little Sister, Under The Radar, Jigsaw Puzzle, Had It With You... Would love to see them do anything aside from the regular material.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home