Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Set list: Mick Jagger says, he's open to our suggestions. Any ideas? (For people without Twitter)
Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:48

I really want to hear songs they never played live or rarely played live before!
Flight 505
Slave
Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
All The Way Down
Soul Survivor
Ventilator Blues
Torn And Frayed
Child Of The Moon
Dandelion
Highwire
Too Much Blood
Coming Down Again
Jigsaw Puzzle
Stray Cat Blues
Hand Of Fate
Hey Negreta
Plundered My Soul
Tie You Up(ThePain Of Love)
Jiving Sister Fanny
Bye Bye Johnny
Dance Little Sister

Re: Set list: Mick Jagger says, he's open to our suggestions. Any ideas? (For people without Twitter)
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 17, 2013 12:19

Open for suggestions? Are you kidding me? It's only a PR-trick. I don't know if they even have started rehearsing yet. 2/3 of the setlist will be warhorses anyway.
The warhorses may be boring but at least they don't cock them up. A "new" song will take 10-20 gigs to settle. By then the tour will be ended.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 12:43

Around And Around
Bye Bye Johnny
You Can't Catch Me
Reelin' And Rockin'
Sweet Little Sixteen
Don't Lie To Me
etc.

I'd like Chuck covers.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: April 17, 2013 13:01

Around And Around
Bye Bye Johnny
You Can't Catch Me
Reelin' And Rockin'
Sweet Little Sixteen
Don't Lie To Me
etc.

I'd like Chuck covers.
Great choice!!

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: April 17, 2013 13:04

Slave
Let me go
Black limousine
All the way down
Almost hear you sigh
Saint of me
Out of control
Laugh I nearly died
Back of my hand
Do you think that I really care
Plundered my soul

I know that is unlikely, but it would be great to hear some of this

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 18, 2013 10:55

my daughter (Rolling Stones concert premiere) hopes for
Play with fire

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:08

He reportedly does not want to play new songs because the fans didn't like them. Maybe they just played the wrong songs from their recent albums. Great stuff like "Driving Too Fast", "Under the Radar", "Too Tight", "Jump On Top Of Me" was never even attempted live whilst "You Got Me Rocking Now" and that awful radio song "Streets Of Love" got way too much exposure.

Their 2 new GRRR! songs would both work well in a concert environment and on the radio, I guess.

"The Last Time" is my nomination for closing the show. And then, on come the encores.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 13:09 by billwebster.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:39

Hand of Fate!cool smiley

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:02

100 years ago, torn and frayed, waiting on a friend and Slave would be nice. They have rehearsed Slave many times but have they actually ever played it?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:13

Miss Amanda Jones for Christ Sake!

Posted by: pjs425 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:15

I'd love to see (Hyde Park 2nd show) a few of those old acoustic gems - Sweet Virginia, Sister Morphine...or Cant you hear me knocking with MT on lead!

Posted by: jivingsister ()
Date: April 18, 2013 16:18

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Hearbreaker) would be amazing to hear.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 18, 2013 16:44

Jiving Sister Fanny and Time Waits For No One with Mick Taylor!

Posted by: erikd ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:29

Black Limousine with Mick playing Harp!

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:43

i would die a happy man if they did jigsaw puzzle and dandelion just once and hope that one night is being fimed same with mccartney doing uncle albert just once

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:54

I would just like to hear Midnight Rambler, Stray Cat Blues, Love In Vain and Can't You Hear Me Knockin with Taylor. Sympathy, Street Fighting Man, a couple of Berry numbers would be nice too but if he is restricted to a few songs it would be those four.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 01:47

I'd love to hear Keith/Woody/M.T. and M.J.-on-harmonica exchange solos on a gritty and extended DOWN IN THE HOLE.

Posted by: Arron ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:18

I wish Keith would play "this place is empty"

Such a lush song. My fav from bigger bang.

Also. Street Fighting Man is a must for Glasto. Fit so well with the vibe and history there.

And I wish Ruby Tuesday was a staple in every stones set. Saw it once and still rings as one of my favourite moments.

And Lisa doing Gimme Shelter every night please. No guests. Even at Glasto, let her do it. Don't bring Florence or anyone one, let Lisa rightly take the crown as the sex goddess she is. No one else touches her and no one is impressed that the mighty stones can bring in support from girly pop acts of yesterday as guests. People are impressed by Mick and Lisa doing that song justice.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 19, 2013 07:27

Please do Memory Motel, Heartbreaker, Coming Down Again, Fool to Cry, Streets of Love...

Date: April 19, 2013 11:01

I would be very happy with a good "Loving Cup". From leftfield wish (Mick Taylor factor): "Moonlight Mile". There is a fantastic cover of that on Youtube by the Flaming Lips. My favorite non-Stones band.

Date: April 19, 2013 11:14

those 2 + Hand of Fate for Las Vegas! In a perfect world....I'll be happy with anything they want to play though.cool smiley

Set Lists and Song Requests for Mick Jagger
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:43

On another thread, Mick Jagger is quoted as telling the Toronto Star that he would consider any set list ideas posted by their readers. He even invites people to post them.

"I’m open for any set-list ideas. You can tell your readers that if they post any set-list ideas, I’ll be happy to look at them.”

So, folks, what more encouragement do we need? Assuming Mick or one of his "people" reads this site, I propose we use this thread to personally post our suggestions for the set list directly to Mick. I will start. Since we know Mick Taylor will be a special guest, I propose:

1. Winter
2. Time Waits For No One
3. Ventilator Blues

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:46 by 71Tele.

Re: Set Lists and Song Requests for Mick Jagger
Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:44

If I hear "Winter" live, I will die a happy man.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:45

SWAY----
WILD HORSES!!!
HAND OF FATE..

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:46

1. We Love You

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:47

+1
Winter
100 years ago
Child of the moon
Hey Negrita
Too much blood
Tie you up
Pretty beat up

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:48

A proper spectator area, for a start.

Thanks.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:51

71Tele
On another thread, Mick Jagger is quoted as telling the Toronto Star that he would consider any set list ideas posted by their readers. He even invites people to post them.

"I’m open for any set-list ideas. You can tell your readers that if they post any set-list ideas, I’ll be happy to look at them.”

So, folks, what more encouragement do we need? Assuming Mick or one of his "people" reads this site, I propose we use this thread to personally post our suggestions for the set list directly to Mick. I will start. Since we know Mick Taylor will be a special guest, I propose:

1. Winter
2. Time Waits For No One
3. Ventilator Blues

"Oh dear, most of the people wouldn't recognize any of those...can't take a chance on challenging the audience by exposing them to good songs they may not know...plus, it would take a lot of rehearsal time to learn them. But I was happy to look at your list!"

Sincerely, Mick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:52 by Jah Paul.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:53

3 suggestions for possible 'start the show' songs

Sympathy, One Hit or Little Red Rooster

Could rotate them with different setlists behind them especially, Glastonbury start with Sympathy, Hyde park 1 - One hit, Hyde park 2 - little Red Rooster

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:56 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:54

I'd like to hear Rocks Off played without a metronome the way it was intended...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home