Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Los Angeles 2013 show planning
Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 26, 2013 21:41

BluzDude
About 2 blocks east of Alameda.
I asked him to hold the evening open, he said he would.
Wow that's way down by the westlake disrict,macarthur park kind of that's cool i guess i'll shoot by there this week end and check it out. Thanx for the heads up.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 28, 2013 07:15

You will get lost if you follow the above directions. It's NOT 'way down' near Wilshire.

Take lst Street east of Alameda

Google Map for correct directions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 07:17 by stonesrule.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:06

What a waste. they should have just kept the May 2 date - the odds of a Lakers game on May 2 are slim indeed.

I have client meetings all day on May 3, but have moved the dinner to the previous day, May 2. Hope everyone has a great time (someone from IORR sent me a message about a possible pre-show meet - would love to do that, but my schedule is jammed that day, unfortunately), and for those with $85 tix, see you in the Pit or the nosebleeds. Man, I don't care - it's the Stones, and its the opening show of a tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 13:17 by drbryant.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 29, 2013 16:19

drbryant
What a waste. they should have just kept the May 2 date - the odds of a Lakers game on May 2 are slim indeed.

No kidding! That was almost as bad as saying I'm quitting my job today just in case I win tomorrow night's lotto.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 29, 2013 20:02

BluzDude
Location update:

L.A. Get Together

May 2nd - Wurstkuche - 8PM - 800 E 3rd St. Los Angeles 90013 - in the New Arts district about 2 blocks east of Alameda.

May 3rd (prior to show) about 6PM - Yardhouse @ Nokia Live - across the street from Staples Center

[www.facebook.com]

Just a reminder for anyone who will be in L.A.that wants to hang out the night prior to opening night

This place is just east of Little Tokyo. Please don't confuse Alameda with Alvarado.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 2, 2013 04:07

I hear great things about Wurstkuche...fine selection of beers and food.

Who all's gonna be there this Thursday?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 2, 2013 04:41

Not to compete with what sounds like a great time at Wurstkuche, but a few of us on the Westside were planning to see Gilby Clarke at the Whisky ($15) and then walk a few blocks to the Rainbow for a few quiet ones and a chance to hang with Lemmy. Party like it's 1989, when we complained about $30 tickets for Steel Wheels.

Date: May 2, 2013 05:08

DeanGoodman
Not to compete with what sounds like a great time at Wurstkuche, but a few of us on the Westside were planning to see Gilby Clarke at the Whisky ($15) and then walk a few blocks to the Rainbow for a few quiet ones and a chance to hang with Lemmy. Party like it's 1989, when we complained about $30 tickets for Steel Wheels.

Whatever....but Rockman is going to be at Wurstkuche Tomorrow nightsmileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 2, 2013 05:15

Have fun you guys and gals, wish I could be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 05:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

GOT MY TICKET FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 2, 2013 17:37

Hey Everyone,

Will be seeing the Stones for the 1st time since 1975... How do you like this one.
A Southern California Radio Station has a ticket giveaway last weekend in a park, a friend of a friend's 10 year old daughter went there to try to win yearly passes
to the "Living Desert" - but she won two tickets to the STONES tomorrow nite..
So... for $80, I'm buying the little girl her yearly pass, and I'm going to see
MICK TAYLOR & the Rolling Stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a lineup I last saw in 1973 - the concert for Nicaragua out here in LA (the Forum)
did see Ron with the Boys in 1975 too.. but have stated, many times I would not pay to see the Stones until Mr. Taylor is back in the lineup, and this is close enough. Will be wearing my; "Mick Taylor Band" Tee Shirt proudly...

Can't wait to see/hear what songs they include him in - will give a report after
the show!!

MLC

Re: GOT MY TICKET FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 2, 2013 17:40

Contrats MCDDTLC! I look forward to reading your account the day after the Oakland show. I'd rather not have any spoilers. Have a blast!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 2, 2013 20:10

Congratulations & enjoy the show MCDDTLC. smiling smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 2, 2013 20:13

Yeah ! Enjoy the show, the Stones and the only one, the fantastic, the magic Mick Taylor ! smiling smiley

MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone,

Will be seeing the Stones for the 1st time since 1975... How do you like this one.
A Southern California Radio Station has a ticket giveaway last weekend in a park, a friend of a friend's 10 year old daughter went there to try to win yearly passes
a lineup I last saw in 1973 - the concert for Nicaragua out here in LA (the Forum)
did see Ron with the Boys in 1975 too.. but have stated, many times I would not pay to see the Stones until Mr. Taylor is back in the lineup, and this is close enough. Will be wearing my; "Mick Taylor Band" Tee Shirt proudly...

Can't wait to see/hear what songs they include him in - will give a report after
the show!!

MLC

Date: May 2, 2013 21:29

Thanks All,

Will give a full report on Saturday, or Friday night if I'm still sailing thru
the clouds, like I'm expecting!!!!

MLC

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:48

Have fun at the opener, all!

Hope you get good seats for your 85s, as many as possible, anyway!
Please report back!! cool smiley

(You too, Rockman.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:57

MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone,

the show!!

MLC

Congratulations MLC, have fun at the show.

Date: May 3, 2013 02:04

BluzDude
BluzDude
Location update:

L.A. Get Together

May 2nd - Wurstkuche - 8PM - 800 E 3rd St. Los Angeles 90013 - in the New Arts district about 2 blocks east of Alameda.

May 3rd (prior to show) about 6PM - Yardhouse @ Nokia Live - across the street from Staples Center

[www.facebook.com]

Yard House at 6pm. See you there.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Just a reminder for anyone who will be in L.A.that wants to hang out the night prior to opening night

This place is just east of Little Tokyo. Please don't confuse Alameda with Alvarado.

Date: May 3, 2013 02:12

[email protected]
BluzDude
BluzDude
Location update:

L.A. Get Together

[www.facebook.com]

Yard House at 6pm. See you there.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

And for those coming from out of town the Grammy Museum is also around the corner. A great way to kill some time.

Scotty

[www.grammymuseum.org]

Date: May 3, 2013 11:31

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 12:54

Great article! Can't sleep thinking about the show tonight!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 3, 2013 13:16

tommarty920

so before leaving Europe accross the ocean and celebrating 5 gigs just to say that this article is one of the nicest and truly honest ones I've read in the last weeks.

thumbs up Thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 3, 2013 15:06

Grison
tommarty920

so before leaving Europe accross the ocean and celebrating 5 gigs just to say that this article is one of the nicest and truly honest ones I've read in the last weeks.

thumbs up Thank you for sharing this with us.

Bon voyage, Grison!

Hope everyone has a fantastic time at the opener!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2013 15:52

Have fun tonight everybody!
IORR BABY!

Date: May 3, 2013 16:54

Counting down.... hope someone has a good "camera" tonite and we get decent
video's tomorrow on Youtube!!!!!

MLC

Date: May 3, 2013 17:06

Keep counting: Rolling Stones facing empty seats at Staples Center gig as $600 tickets fail to sell

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 3, 2013 17:29

Am I right in saying they have changed the wording on the tix page to''Two Tix per I.D.'' ?

Making things clear on that point.

$85 tix ready to go for Staples tonight,but not released yet.

Hope you fans in L.A. get the tix you deserve tonight. >grinning smiley<

Stones tix

Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:11

I scored some $85 tickets. I have to get there early to miss rush hour traffic, because I'm driving down from the high desert, and will be at Staples Center about 4 p.m. I'm a single woman alone and will be in the center of LA... Any suggestions for parking and a place to hang out until the Will Call opens? Does anyone know how early I can park in the Staples Center parking lot?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Karla

Date: May 3, 2013 20:10

wandlimb
I scored some $85 tickets. I have to get there early to miss rush hour traffic, because I'm driving down from the high desert, and will be at Staples Center about 4 p.m. I'm a single woman alone and will be in the center of LA... Any suggestions for parking and a place to hang out until the Will Call opens? Does anyone know how early I can park in the Staples Center parking lot?

Karla

A bunch of us will be at the Yard House across the street at Nokia Live.

There is parking all around Staples. One of the larger parking structures is Lot C west of the venue, but I prefer to try and find parking at one of the smaller facilities on Flower.

Date: May 3, 2013 20:43

wandlimb

Karla

Karla,

Look's like the IORR crowd is headed to a place in the Nokia at 6:00
name of the place on 1,2,or3...
Parking is going to be expensive in the lot's right next to Staples
I'm parking a block away, hoping it's a little cheaper, Lot#11

1111 Hope St. the area around Staples has a lot of places to hang-out
LA live.... I'll be getting there around 5:30 from the South Bay..
see you there - MLC

Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:02

MCDDTLC
wandlimb

Karla

Karla,

Look's like the IORR crowd is headed to a place in the Nokia at 6:00
name of the place on 1,2,or3...
Parking is going to be expensive in the lot's right next to Staples
I'm parking a block away, hoping it's a little cheaper, Lot#11

1111 Hope St. the area around Staples has a lot of places to hang-out
LA live.... I'll be getting there around 5:30 from the South Bay..
see you there - MLC

Thank you for the suggestions... I will print out your advice and take it with me. But if Will Call opens at 6 for the $85 ticket buyers, I won't be able to be at the Yard House at 6. Probably be there about 4.

I have long brown hair and will be wearing a Voodoo Lounge shirt with the pointy tongue. Maybe see ya!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home