Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Los Angeles 2013 show planning
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 11, 2013 16:05

For all those planning on attending the first show at Staples, or will be in the Los Angeles area, a few of us would like to plan a get together most likely the evening prior to the first show. Depending on the responses, we can also consider the evening after. I'd like to get an idea of those who might be able to attend such an event, most likely held at a bar or pub in the Hollywood or Los Angeles area. You can either respond to this thread, or you can contact me thru facebook The sooner I get your responses, the more suitable place we could find.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 11, 2013 19:01

From my own experiences, I can tell you that buying scalped tickets is probably easier at Anaheim than at Staples. I think the cops are a lot tighter about the area around the Staples Center. I've never been approached by anyone selling tickets there. In Anaheim I was able to go across the street from the venue and find plenty of people with tickets for sale.

I would appreciate others chiming in with their experiences at Staples Center concerning buying scalped tickets.

Date: April 11, 2013 19:12

24FPS
From my own experiences, I can tell you that buying scalped tickets is probably easier at Anaheim than at Staples. I think the cops are a lot tighter about the area around the Staples Center. I've never been approached by anyone selling tickets there. In Anaheim I was able to go across the street from the venue and find plenty of people with tickets for sale.

I would appreciate others chiming in with their experiences at Staples Center concerning buying scalped tickets.

If you walk down Figueroa toward the Pantry (North) you will probably find people selling tickets. But perhaps you are right, haven't noticed it much on the property.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2013 21:08

BluzDude
24FPS

If you walk down Figueroa toward the Pantry (North) you will probably find people selling tickets. But perhaps you are right, haven't noticed it much on the property.

At several shows in the last couple of years, I've seen (and have been approached) by a small handful of the same shady characters lurking around the box office a couple of hours before show time.
One is a short,long-haired hispanic guy, and then there are a couple of black guys along with a couple of white guys. And as BluzDude said, there are always others up and down Figueroa on either side of the street. If you can trust these shady characters, then they are there....but I wouldn't do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 21:10 by Hairball.

Date: April 11, 2013 21:29

Hairball
BluzDude
24FPS

At several shows in the last couple of years, I've seen (and have been approached) by a small handful of the same shady characters lurking around the box office a couple of hours before show time.
One is a short,long-haired hispanic guy, and then there are a couple of black guys along with a couple of white guys. And as BluzDude said, there are always others up and down Figueroa on either side of the street. If you can trust these shady characters, then they are there....but I wouldn't do it.

Neither would I.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 11, 2013 22:35

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 11, 2013 22:39

I am very upset. May 1 is the only date I cannot make in LA! With my luck they will change the date after the tickets sales. It really sucks selling tickets for a concert they don't even know for sure will happen on that day. Especially with the no transfer rule for the $85 tickets sad smiley

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 12, 2013 07:44

Anyone know when this date will be locked in for sure?

If it does change will it be moved forward (eg 1st May, or back to the 3rd)? I have no idea how these nbl and NHL games work or what outcomes the date is dependent on...

I want to buy tickets but will be in New Orleans for Jazz Fest. I'm happy to travel up on wednesday 1st or Thursday 2nd as there is not much on that day, but my wife and I have come over from Australia for Jazz Fest and I don't think she would be keen on missing out on any of the other days...

So do I buy $85 tickets and hope for the best, or will the date be locked in before 10am Monday?

Any info would be very helpful- thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 07:51 by jammingedward.

Date: April 12, 2013 07:46

Do you think maybe they will refund tickets if the date changes?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:45

jammingedward
Anyone know when this date will be locked in for sure?

If it does change will it be moved forward (eg 1st May, or back to the 3rd)? I have no idea how these nbl and NHL games work or what outcomes the date is dependent on...

The NBA regular season ends April 17th...NHL ends April 27th. The respective playoff schedules will be determined after those dates, with at least two Staples Center teams involved (Clippers NBA and Kings NHL), plus the Lakers NBA also a possibility.

Highly doubt they'd change the Stones date as late as April 27th (end of the NHL season) - so most likely it would be a Clippers or Lakers game that would cause a rescheduling.

Date: April 12, 2013 18:31

Thanks Jah!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:42

The Lakers only have 3 games left and they have to win all 3 if they do there in the playoffs with oklohoma so that could be an issue. if they lose though i would think it would open it right up because they have to be a whole game ahead of Utah since utah beat them twice this year a half game will not cut it for the lakers.3games will tell the story tonight is the first game against Golden State.

Date: April 13, 2013 01:46

BluzDude
For all those planning on attending the first show at Staples, or will be in the Los Angeles area, a few of us would like to plan a get together most likely the evening prior to the first show. Depending on the responses, we can also consider the evening after. I'd like to get an idea of those who might be able to attend such an event, most likely held at a bar or pub in the Hollywood or Los Angeles area. You can either respond to this thread, or you can contact me thru facebook The sooner I get your responses, the more suitable place we could find.

[www.facebook.com]
Yeah BluzDude i'd be into it. Don't you think hollyweird might be a little to far? maybe not though it depends on what time everybody meets i guess like in london at the pilot they do it pretty early.I'm not to up on the new tidings around the staple center it's changed alot when i went to one of the kings games for the stanly cup last year and all the bars were packed around the arena so i just went to Roy's hawaiian fusion and drank it was cool.Then of course you have hooters right there but i have never been in that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-13 01:55 by stonesfrkk.

Date: April 13, 2013 02:30

stonesfrkk
BluzDude

[www.facebook.com]
Yeah BluzDude i'd be into it. Don't you think hollyweird might be a little to far? maybe not though it depends on what time everybody meets i guess like in london at the pilot they do it pretty early.I'm not to up on the new tidings around the staple center it's changed alot when i went to one of the kings games for the stanly cup last year and all the bars were packed around the arena so i just went to Roy's hawaiian fusion and drank it was cool.Then of course you have hooters right there but i have never been in that one.
I was thinking. Hollywood the night before the show for an extended get together. Night of near staples could also work in addition to

Date: April 13, 2013 03:43

2nd Staples and Anaheim just added!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:54

Not on rollingstones.com, but axs.com has May 20 on sale Monday.

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:11

BluzDude
2nd Staples and Anaheim just added!

smileys with beer

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 13, 2013 07:11

bobstones51
LOS ANGELES IS MY HOME TOWN. FIRST SAW THEM IN 66, HOLLYWOOD BOWL, THEN FORUM 69-72-73-75; COLISEUM 81-89- STAPLES= ANAHEIM POND AND STADIUM, ETC. ETC. LA LIVE IS GREAT DOWN THE STREET FROM STAPLES. BIG COURTYARD. MAYBE THEY WILL PLAY STONES SONGS SO WE CAN DANCE ON THE COURTYARD THERE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING AND MEETING THE REAL OLD TIME BOULDERS

Which year do you rate as their best performance?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 13, 2013 17:07

Go Utah!

Posted by: bobstones51 ()
Date: April 13, 2013 19:26

Got my tickets yesterday via Citibank. Getting excited, however this may be my last time.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 13, 2013 20:39

Bobstones51, Good work you big spender!
Let's face it,us early LA fans have some of the best memories of all!
I can't bring myself to go to Staples...I'm a Forum chick!

Bob,you should think about going to Paris when the Stones eventually play there. Those European audiences are amazing. And very lovely people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-14 01:20 by stonesrule.

Date: April 14, 2013 01:45

BluzDude
stonesfrkk
BluzDude

[www.facebook.com]
I was thinking. Hollywood the night before the show for an extended get together. Night of near staples could also work in addition to
That sounds like a pretty good plan. I wasn't thinking about the day before that would be cool though if we have enogh of us.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 14, 2013 07:29

sarahunwin
I am very upset. May 1 is the only date I cannot make in LA! With my luck they will change the date after the tickets sales. It really sucks selling tickets for a concert they don't even know for sure will happen on that day. Especially with the no transfer rule for the $85 tickets sad smiley
Sara,aren't you already going to both Bay Area shows?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 14, 2013 18:59

sweetcharmedlife
sarahunwin
Sara,aren't you already going to both Bay Area shows?

Yes! But that doesn't mean I'm not considering one LA show and Vegas....... smiling smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 15, 2013 18:02

anyone knows When will be released the 100% CONFIRMED date??

Posted by: riffchards ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:19

Got 85$ for both shows!!!!

Date: April 15, 2013 20:36

I pulled $85 tickets for May 20. ticket description is "GA Pit 5". Could it be? or does everyone's tickets say the same thing?

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:48

drbryant
I pulled $85 tickets for May 20. ticket description is "GA Pit 5". Could it be? or does everyone's tickets say the same thing?

got $85 tickets myself and they also have GA PIT 5 on my print out so i would say this is just how they are printed but who knows...

best of luck with ya seats

Date: April 15, 2013 21:03

boynamedsue69
drbryant

got $85 tickets myself and they also have GA PIT 5 on my print out so i would say this is just how they are printed but who knows...

best of luck with ya seats

Actually, they are for my sister (used her credit card) who can't afford the regular seats and is absolutely overjoyed to be going to see the Stones for $85. For people like her, the $85 tix are really a nice gesture by the band. I realize not everyone was able to get them, but there seem to be a decent number for each show.

Date: April 15, 2013 21:23

drbryant

Mine says the same for May 2, but it also says they are split tickets so I know they are not in the pit.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home