Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Los Angeles 2013 show planning
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 15, 2013 22:43

Mine also said GA PIT 5 but the arrow pointed to the back of section 4 on the floor..... may have to try to upgrade!!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 15, 2013 22:53

GA Pit 5 maybe its only to systems purposes, in the map its marked the square where generally are the board systems.

at the time you get tickets in the boxoffice you´ll discover your real seat... or place into the Tongue..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:45

As for pre-show meetups, the Yardhouse is within the Nokia Live complex adjacent to Staples.
While it's a pretty big place with indoor and outdoor seating, it also gets crowded fast.

Yardhouse

Beer Menu smileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:27

Hairball
As for pre-show meetups, the Yardhouse is within the Nokia Live complex adjacent to Staples.
While it's a pretty big place with indoor and outdoor seating, it also gets crowded fast.

Yardhouse

Beer Menu smileys with beer

Good Idea for pre-show meet-upsmileys with beer
I'm also trying to do a get-together for those who will be around the night before
the first Staples gig...We can also do this the night before or after the 2nd Staples gig.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:37

The Lakers have made the playoffs and the NBA playoff schedule has been released. As it stands, if the Lakers-San Antonio best of 7 series goes to a 6th game, that game will be held at Staples on May 2, meaning the Stones show will have to be moved. I would assume it will go to May 3. We may not know until the evening of April 30 as to whether a game 6 will take place.

Here is the schedule:

SAN ANTONIO SPURS (2) VS. LOS ANGELES LAKERS (7)
Game 1 @San Antonio: Sunday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2 @San Antonio: Wednesday, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 3 @Los Angeles: April 26, 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 4 @Los Angeles: April 28, 7 p.m. ET, TNT
x-Game 5 @San Antonio: April 30,
x-Game 6 @Los Angeles: May 2
x-Game 7 @San Antonio: May 4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 09:38 by Halup.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:43

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:24

May 1st vs May 3rd:

Assuming Stones can't be the 4th (because of Oakland the following night) and not the 30th, due to NBA Game 5, are the only choices May 1, 2, 3 for the show?

Anyone know how hockey would play into deciding on a Wed or Fri concert date if Game 6 (now that it is scheduled, if not definite, for Thurs)?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:09

rich-wdc
May 1st vs May 3rd:

Assuming Stones can't be the 4th (because of Oakland the following night) and not the 30th, due to NBA Game 5, are the only choices May 1, 2, 3 for the show?

Anyone know how hockey would play into deciding on a Wed or Fri concert date if Game 6 (now that it is scheduled, if not definite, for Thurs)?

I'm assuming they would use the 3rd for sure, because the earliest date in which we would know whether May 2 is needed for the Lakers game would be on April 28. If the series was tied 2-2 at that point, then May 2 would be needed for the game. It's giving people much less notice to bring the concert ahead by 1 day than to delay it by 1 day. We may not know until April 30 whether a game 6 is needed, so I can't see them possibly saying on the evening of April 30 that the concert is now the next day.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 18, 2013 20:00

On my Rolling Stones "Offical Ipad app" the show is being listed as May 3?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:26

That sounds right. They are already selling tickets for the game on May 2.

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:39

Sports teams always sell tickets for their upcoming playoffs, long before they know if they're gonna actually hit that game. So the fact the team is selling for May 2 doesn't mean the STONES won't be still May 2nd, if Game 6 is not needed.

There musta been a reason why the show was scheduled for May 2nd, and not the 1st or 3rd (the 3rd is probably too close to Oakland's show on the 5th, but May 1 could work, assuming the venue can tear down the basketball setup and put the STONES setup and then reverse again. They do stuff like that all the time so that probably won't interfer with anything.)

Perhaps the hockey schedule has a potential on May 1st or 3rd? I don't know if NHL and NBA could simultaneously sell tickets for a May 2nd game in the same if that is the timing for their respective series.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:37

This is ridiculous. They should fix the date. They can't possibly wait until the last minute.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 19, 2013 16:08

rich-wdc
Sports teams always sell tickets for their upcoming playoffs, long before they know if they're gonna actually hit that game. So the fact the team is selling for May 2 doesn't mean the STONES won't be still May 2nd, if Game 6 is not needed.

There musta been a reason why the show was scheduled for May 2nd, and not the 1st or 3rd (the 3rd is probably too close to Oakland's show on the 5th, but May 1 could work, assuming the venue can tear down the basketball setup and put the STONES setup and then reverse again. They do stuff like that all the time so that probably won't interfer with anything.)

Perhaps the hockey schedule has a potential on May 1st or 3rd? I don't know if NHL and NBA could simultaneously sell tickets for a May 2nd game in the same if that is the timing for their respective series.

Modern arenas like this one, Boston and MSG can do NHL and NBA in the same day. Its been done many times before. Boards over the ice and away they go.

Posted by: steady ()
Date: April 23, 2013 16:46

When will we finally know when they start us up?!

Pls help a dude totally ignorant of US sports, thanks.

Date: April 23, 2013 19:59

Once again, planning an event the night before opening night.
If you are going to be in LA....and even if you are not going to the show. if you are on this board, you are invited. I hope to finalize the location within the next 24 hours or so.

I would like to get some kind of idea as to how many people we will have.

On Facebook, you can check out IORR Rocks Off L.A. Stones event.

As far as getting together a couple hours prior to the show, the Yardhouse at Nokia Center was suggested, I think that is a good idea.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:05

If you speak about the Stones and Money Making you did not get into NHL or NBA. That is where the big bucks are lying and Money is earned in millions in seconds and not in two and half hours. This is why the Stones are 2nd with this. I can't understand why they bothered Staples at all as some of you mentioned that the Sound is pretty bad.

Anyway I hope it all Shows up as you wish.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:19

* The tour will now kick off at the Los Angeles STAPLES Center on Friday May 3. The original May 2 show was rescheduled due to the NBA playoff schedule. Hold on to your tickets as they will be honoured for the rescheduled date.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 24, 2013 04:19

....refunds are also offered if you can't make it due to the date change; AXS indicated via email in response to a specific question that orders could be cancelled and monies refunded up to 5 p.m. on 5/2

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:25

What is most puzzling to me is why they changed the date without anything occurring that would cause them to do it now. The Lakers dates were already known when the tickets went on sale, weren't they?

Date: April 24, 2013 08:17

Location update:

L.A. Get Together

May 2nd - Wurstkuche - 8PM - 800 E 3rd St. Los Angeles 90013 - in the New Arts district

May 3rd (prior to show) about 6PM - Yardhouse @ Nokia Live - across the street from Staples Center

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 24, 2013 10:53

$85 tix for Staples, May 3, are available. I just scored a pair.

Edit : the link is [tickets.axs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 11:22 by gwen.

LA officially moved to 5/3 according to major source
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:24

According to stub hub - the show has been moved to 5/3

50 and Counting: The Rolling Stones Tickets (Rescheduled from May 2, 2013)
Friday, May 03, 2013, 8:00 p.m. PDT at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, US | Sell for this event

any confirmation of this????

WILL SCALPER PRICES GO DOWN???????

Re: LA officially moved to 5/3 according to major source
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:31

Going out on a bit of a limb, but StubHub probably got their info from the majorest source.

[twitter.com]

[www.rollingstones.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:33

oh wow, there good....really did there homework

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:53

I'd say (I could be wrong here) that MJ is a pretty solid "source".

hot smiley

Posted by: airjud ()
Date: April 25, 2013 19:50

I don't understand how they can suddenly be so sure that the concert will be on 5/3. All along, the 5/2 date was subject to change based on the NBA and NHL playoffs. The NHL playoff schedule hasn't even been released yet.

There is already a Clippers game scheduled at the Staples Center on 4/30 and a Lakers game scheduled at the Staples Center on 5/2. Which means if the LA Kings end up with home-ice advantage in the playoffs (which is a distinct possibility), their first two home games would most likely be on 5/1 and 5/3.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 26, 2013 03:08

BluzDude
Location update:

L.A. Get Together

May 2nd - Wurstkuche - 8PM - 800 E 3rd St. Los Angeles 90013 - in the New Arts district

May 3rd (prior to show) about 6PM - Yardhouse @ Nokia Live - across the street from Staples Center

[www.facebook.com]
Hey BluzDude do you know the cross street on third? Did Rockman already confirm the night before?

Date: April 26, 2013 03:30

About 2 blocks east of Alameda.
I asked him to hold the evening open, he said he would.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 26, 2013 07:04

Saw Neil Diamond @ Staples several years ago, sound was xcellent that nite. cool smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2013 09:24

dennisdster
What is most puzzling to me is why they changed the date without anything occurring that would cause them to do it now. The Lakers dates were already known when the tickets went on sale, weren't they?

They didn't qualify for the playoffs until right at the end of the season. It looks like someone was hopeful they'd choke and not make it. Not me. I'm glad. Now they can't luck out in the lottery and get the 1st pick.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home