Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Oakland May 2013 show planning
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 2, 2013 05:55

Hope to see you all there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 03:58 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: May 2, 2013 11:12

Member „40 licks tix“ of shidobee has posted 11 hours ago important informations about the handling on concert day, which he got from the arena manager. Hope I may share/quote this here. Point 2 refers to the handling of the 85$ tix.

Thank you „40 licks tix“!

„I just talked with the Arena Mgr. who had just finished a call with RollingStones.com and he gave me the latest info to share with everyone. Some of this will be coming in an email from RS.com larter.

1. If you have a pit ticket. You must check in between 5:00pm and 6:00pm. No earlier (you will told to leave the area) and no later (you might not get in). You will enter the Arena at 6:50pm.

2. If you have mystery tix, you will go to the special will call near the South Entrance starting at 7:00pm. No earlier. The location of all these seats is completely random. Somewhere between the Pit and the nosebleeds. Total luck of the draw. Your name will be on a list and you will be randomly handed one of the envelopes that contains 2 tix from a box. Once you get your tix you have to immediately enter the Arena. Because of the random factor there is really no advantage or disadvantage to being early versus later.

3. Merchandise. How you get this depends on your particular package.
3a. Pit gets theirs upon check-in. You may be allowed to take it to the car or hand it off. It depends on how crazy the scene is. The Mgr. said that in past similar concert situations folks have been allowed to do this, but, no promises for this one.
3b. Hospitality gets theirs at the show too.
3c. Gold & Silver packages will get theirs in the mail.“

4. The 66th ave. and the Hegenberger entrances will open at 3:00pm. The rest of the entrances will open at 5:00pm.

5. Show time is at 8:00pm  with the understanding that the Stones ultimately control what time they actually hit the stage. NO OPENING ACT.

6. The Arena Mgr. stressed a few times about the no earlier or no later parts of some of the above. He said that due to the way they are going to control the entrance procedures that except for folks who want to be early for the tailgate, there is no good reason to come real early.
....."

Hope we get those informations soon also from rollingstones.com or the oracle arena site!
Please be aware that this refers so far only to the Oakland show and that the informations are not yet offically confirmed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 11:15 by Salan.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 2, 2013 12:14

ChrisM
BluzDude, Swiss suggested a pretty cool place, but so far as I can see, the Cable Car City Pub & Cafe in San Francisco will be the place to hook up (See BV's post above) Would love to meet Rockman and the rest of you so if this indeed the place where most will be congregating before the show, that's where I'd like to go.

Clarification: I did initially suggest a meet-up at a cool bar in Oakland. *But* after conferring with BV,
it became clear the Cable Car Cafe & Bar is a favorite spot of BV's when visiting San Francisco, so I pulled
the plug on the other place. It didn't seem to make sense to to split us up -- one spot will allow for
the greatest critical mass of iorrers who happen to be in SF for the Oakland show.

As a San Franciscan, and someone who doesn't usually gravitate to sports pubs, the Cable Car might not
have been be my personal first choice -- but BV likes it, it's super convenient to the BART, and ultimately,
it's the company of the people that really matters smiling smiley

Some other time we Bay Area fans can have a Stones soiree at that joint in Oakland -- maybe a listening
party of my upcoming radio documentary, "The Night Before Altamont"?

Can't wait to meet everyone on Sunday!

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 12:18 by swiss.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: May 3, 2013 01:18

swiss
ChrisM
BluzDude, Swiss suggested a pretty cool place, but so far as I can see, the Cable Car City Pub & Cafe in San Francisco will be the place to hook up (See BV's post above) Would love to meet Rockman and the rest of you so if this indeed the place where most will be congregating before the show, that's where I'd like to go.

Clarification: I did initially suggest a meet-up at a cool bar in Oakland. *But* after conferring with BV,
it became clear the Cable Car Cafe & Bar is a favorite spot of BV's when visiting San Francisco, so I pulled
the plug on the other place. It didn't seem to make sense to to split us up -- one spot will allow for
the greatest critical mass of iorrers who happen to be in SF for the Oakland show.

As a San Franciscan, and someone who doesn't usually gravitate to sports pubs, the Cable Car might not
have been be my personal first choice -- but BV likes it, it's super convenient to the BART, and ultimately,

Some other time we Bay Area fans can have a Stones soiree at that joint in Oakland -- maybe a listening

- swiss
What time will everybody be meeting up in San Francisco?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-03 01:22 by sweet things.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:29

swiss
ChrisM

- swiss
Going to pass on the Cable Car lace and meet up with some friends in Oakland before the show. But swiss. I'd love to hear your radio documentary sometime.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:56

bv
Give me a quick update on where you stay for the Oakland show:

- Oakland area
- SF downtown area
- Other places (where?)

Thanks!

OMG...stay in San Francisco by all means.
Plenty of hotels in Union Square area, which is right at a BART stop. Train takes you directly to Oracle Arena.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 4, 2013 01:47

$85 tickets available - [www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: May 4, 2013 01:52

Just got an $85.00 ticket!!!

Sha-doo-bee!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 02:01

mccparty

Sha-doo-bee!!

thumbs up

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 4, 2013 02:51

mccparty

Sha-doo-bee!!
Well alright!

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:50

Lurking over at Shidoobee....They are tailgating in Parking Lot D...for any locals who are driving and won't be able to attend the other IORR pre-show festivities:

Map: [www.coliseum.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:29

mccparty

Sha-doo-bee!!
Cool. You better get in line now.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:33

6s7s9s
bv

- Oakland area
- SF downtown area
- Other places (where?)

Thanks!

Plenty of hotels in Union Square area, which is right at a BART stop. Train takes you directly to Oracle Arena.

how come nobody suggests staying in nearby hayward or san leandro or union city?? it's not fair.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:18

any word or thoughts on special guests for the show tomorrow?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:44

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:57

What, no black & silver version?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:15

71Tele

What, no black & silver version?
I didnt see any.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 04:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 5, 2013 05:31

Never mind black and silver or green and yellow, the Warriors play at the Arena!

Date: May 5, 2013 05:51

So at what time is will the Cable Car gathering start? Look forward to meeting many of you!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:05

GRNRBITW
6s7s9s
bv

- Oakland area
- SF downtown area
- Other places (where?)

Thanks!

how come nobody suggests staying in nearby hayward or san leandro or union city?? it's not fair.

awww...you're feeling lonely in San Leandro?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:33

Coming from Los Angeles with high 90's temperatures, SF feels like the North Pole. I am going indoor!!!

Bjornulf

Posted by: kensbro ()
Date: May 5, 2013 08:37

Courtyard by Marriott, 350 Hegenburger Road might suit some. Nice hotel, nice bed, free shuttle to BART - which is by the Oracle Arena. They say they will pick us up after the show - from the BART. But $8.00 per day to park and no room safe. Free shuttle to Oakland Airport too. Free internet.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:12

Yes bloody cold here - we had 90 degrees until yesterday morning !! Oh well, thats SF for yoo!

Have a blast everyone, I'll be lurking in the parking lot early.....

Date: May 5, 2013 19:22

Ahem, so, any set time for the Cable Car gatehring?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:26

GRNRBITW
6s7s9s
bv

- Oakland area
- SF downtown area
- Other places (where?)

Thanks!

yeah, what gives. Those are fine destinations unto themselves. As a matter of fact I'm thinking of taking my next vacation in Hayward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 19:31 by ryanpow.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:16

Have fun everyone!!!!

(Hope to meet some of you in Las Vegas, at the Rouge, at least after the show, for me.)

Swiss, can't wait to hear your documentary!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:22

HAVE FUN and don't forget to tape the show if you can! thumbs up

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:38

I'm very excited! First stones show in 24 years. Have a blast everyone.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:50

Yeah, have a great one - both the pre-party and the show! A great bunch of IORReans there!smileys with beer

(and I put my thumbs up that Taylor will do more than just "Rambler"... and not only to please 71Tele...winking smiley)

- Doxa

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:52

ChrisM
Ahem, so, any set time for the Cable Car gatehring?

I will try to be at the City bar around 5pm or so, but they are open all day so may be I will drop by earlier too. The rain just passed by as it seems, hate to move arund in rain! I would suggest 5pm - 6pm so that everybody can be at the venue before doors open. Or before 5pm for those who are not all that busy...

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home