Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 74 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:07

Did anyone already notice that on the BST website there is no longer an interactive map for the Stones on the 13th ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Meeting place for fans in London
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:56

Gazza
Rockman
Wish I was Gazza ... Melvyn phoned the other evening to tell me I was
the only one of the gang not going to be there ... Man did that one bite hard...

YEAH next time for sure ... I love that London town...

Take care Gazza ... kick Dean in the arse for me and get a photo of it for me too

And as I said ....Stay Safe

Didnt get a photo of it, but I have witnesses to prove that he did indeed get a boot up the arse!

Yes Rockman I can vouch for Gazza. He did indeed give Dean a kick up the arsesmiling smiley

Will there be tickets for sale this Saturday?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:01

Saw the first gig but got a last minute bug and want to go again. Last Saturday I was late to go in and only saw people looking to buy tickets, so I'm curious if anyone was actually selling. Don't want to pay for an expensive trip unless I'm certain I can get in. Thanks for any help.

Re: Will there be tickets for sale this Saturday?
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:20

frankotero
Saw the first gig but got a last minute bug and want to go again. Last Saturday I was late to go in and only saw people looking to buy tickets, so I'm curious if anyone was actually selling. Don't want to pay for an expensive trip unless I'm certain I can get in. Thanks for any help.

Hi - There were people selling last week. We went late too - got there (Tier 3 entrance) around 7 or 7.30pm and saw one or two selling. Not sure how much they were asking as I already had tickets so didn't need to buy.

If you're happy paying above face value both seatwave and stubhub still have tickets. I'm hoping to pay face (or just slightly over) although may break and go via Stubhub - at least I know it's genuine. I've always been lucky with touts/scalpers but it's always slightly nerve-wracking in case the ticket is fake.

We're in the same position. Also went last week and also want to go again! If we can't get tickets, we plan to listen outside the gates but would prefer to be inside.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:53

I'm jonesing for sure. Have a feeling they will play CYHMK and can't live with the thought of missing it. Problem is I live in Germany which limits me at this late date. Think I'm going to risk waisting the money for a flight and hotel just to be there, though I really shouldn't. Times like this it would be good to be a millionaire, ha-ha.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:33

I would be a little wary coming to this show without a ticket. As usual, sales of a second show pick up significantly once the first show takes place.

Posted by: dombr ()
Date: July 11, 2013 05:20

I have no problems in buying 2 tickets for the Stones show in Hyde Park for the 6 of July just in the day of the concert. I bought one ticket for 95 and another for 100 from different guys who had tickets of their friends, who couldn't go to the concert. It was about 2 p.m.

But there was an accident with buying tickets for The Who, 8 of July. We've got the place, saw the man selling tickets and bought 2 from him for a price of 150 for 2, better than face value (155). These were very good tickets for a4, 16 row. There were some in box office that time, but sure not so good. When we tried to come in, we were said that we need to go to box office, because the computer said "refunded" and we need to change tickets. We became a little worried because of this situation... So, we came to box office, it was 19:30, one hour before the start of The Who. There was a big queue of people, who want to buy tickets, it was not a sold out. But as we saw after, it was very close to sold out. So it might be a good deal to get the tickets that we got just before the concert for the price that we've got them. Woman at the box office asked the name for whom the tickets were booked and I knew only name of the seller, he said his name is David, but it was wrong answer. Woman said that these tickets are not valid, because the man who has booked them get knew ones. Maybe this bad guy said that he lost them, as we understood from the woman in the box office. So we didn't knew the name, and woman said "give them back to the guy, who have sold it to you". We became very afraid that we just lost our money and will not go to the concert. In 2 minutes we found David and told him the problem. He said don't worry, that he is not a bad guy, and he is waiting here to be sure that nobody who got tickets from him has no problems with entrance. So he gave us 2 another tickets not so good but still in this cost. When I asked about compensation, he said "sure" and gave us 40 pounds back. So we got tickets for 110 pounds for 2, which cost 155 pounds. There was no problem with knew tickets. It was a great concert of The Who!!! David is a good guy, who make some money on buying and selling tickets!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:36

How was the unwind bar on the 6th? Was it easy to get food? I am going with two casual fans and am wondering whether to eat before entering the park.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 11:19

frankotero
I'm jonesing for sure. Have a feeling they will play CYHMK and can't live with the thought of missing it. Problem is I live in Germany which limits me at this late date. Think I'm going to risk waisting the money for a flight and hotel just to be there, though I really shouldn't. Times like this it would be good to be a millionaire, ha-ha.

Given the comparatively short time slot (20:30 to 22:15) and limited opportunity for overruns, I'd be surprised if they add a comparatively long number like CYHMK to the set.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 11, 2013 11:33

frankotero

Given the comparatively short time slot (20:30 to 22:15) and limited opportunity for overruns, I'd be surprised if they add a comparatively long number like CYHMK to the set.

They might skip MR and play CYHMK enstead. As I love CYHMK so much I would be glad for this.

BTW: just heard on a tabloid German TV show that Kate might have her baby on Saturday and that this will be followed by 40 cannon shootings at Hyde park. Hope that this will not disturb the Stones Hyde park show. eye popping smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 11:54 by Stoneswolf.

Date: July 11, 2013 11:43

Stoneswolf
xke38
frankotero

They might skip MR and play CYHMK enstead. As I love CYHMK so much I would be glöad for this.

BTW: just heard on a tabloid German TV show that Kate might have her baby on Saturday and that this will be followed by 40 cannon shootings at Hyde park. Hope that this will not disturb the Stones Hyde park show. eye popping smiley

There will indeed be a 41 gun salute soon after the birth is announced (the basic royal salute is 21 rounds. In Hyde Park an additional 20 rounds are fired as it is a Royal Park). Usually this takes place around where the festival is currently situated and is an impressive sight............plans have no doubt been made as to where it will take place this time around!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 11, 2013 11:54

is anyone bringing a sign with the tablature for "start me up" on it?

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 12:05

Was anyone able to smuggle booze in ? Do you think I could bring a flask in or are there searches ?

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:20

sonomastone
is anyone bringing a sign with the tablature for "start me up" on it?

Hahhhaaaaaa!grinning smiley That was good, man!

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:24

There will be quite long distance to run (app. 600m). Are you people prepared?

Maybe we should open another thread about suplements and proper hydration during the run? winking smiley

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:51

Aquamarine
I can't get home from this show. I'm STILL at Heathrow, with delays running into days instead of hours. Be warned, international visitors! (Thank God I bought a T shirt at he show, so I've got ONE clean item to wear.)

How´s going the thing mate?? In home already?? What happened?? Suffering some similar problems in other tours, so I´m very "sensible" to this problems (smiles)...

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:58

drbryant
How was the unwind bar on the 6th? Was it easy to get food? I am going with two casual fans and am wondering whether to eat before entering the park.

If you mean the backstagebar it was pretty easy to get both food and drinks. I had quite a few beers and two meals before the show. No queu at all, neither to get in to the backstage area or to get food or anything to drink.

Posted by: WaywardOne ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:10

Just wondering if the fans discussing the mad-dash when the gates open are general admission ticket holders?

I'm no stranger to 'the run' as I do it at most shows I attend.

I got a Tier 1 BB ticket in the hopes I could be a tad more leisurely about making my way to the barrier (head to the merch stand first).

Thinking now that may not be the case?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:08

Just had an email from BST saying that on the 13th Barclaycard Unwind "ticket"holders can enter using the South Entrance as well as West

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:04

Sorry, please ignore previous post

It only applies if you are going to the absurd Bocca di Lupo backstage restaurant. Which I am not. So I don't know why they sent me the email. So as you were - West Entrance for Tier 1 / Barclay Unwind

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:14

gibsonman
drbryant

If you mean the backstagebar it was pretty easy to get both food and drinks. I had quite a few beers and two meals before the show. No queu at all, neither to get in to the backstage area or to get food or anything to drink.

When I strolled in at 1815 there were ques everywhere in the backstage bar, empty tables but no chairs, few places to stay really, all in this very tiny backstage place. Not really what I had in mind. I thought it would be much bigger and more stalls/ places to sit. After the show I exited through the hospitality area, The Garden, and that was what I had had in mind :/
But the show and festival atmosphere was great!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:08

Finally home--24 hours late, a couple of hours sleep and back to work. (Just FYI, it took them all day to fix a computer problem on the plane, and by that time the crew had run out of working hours. We got on and off the plane 3 times.)

United couldn't find hotel accom for everyone so supplied sleeping bags on the floor of a conference room at the Sofitel (I organized my own hotel, which they'd better reimburse.). AARRGGHH.

And it was STILL worth it. And I STILL don't give a shit about a few bum notes I didn't notice in SMU! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 18:10 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:33

Aquamarine
Finally home--24 hours late, a couple of hours sleep and back to work. (Just FYI, it took them all day to fix a computer problem on the plane, and by that time the crew had run out of working hours. We got on and off the plane 3 times.)

United couldn't find hotel accom for everyone so supplied sleeping bags on the floor of a conference room at the Sofitel (I organized my own hotel, which they'd better reimburse.). AARRGGHH.

And it was STILL worth it. And I STILL don't give a shit about a few bum notes I didn't notice in SMU! smiling smiley
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 18:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:36

Wow, what a trek! Still sorry I missed you in T1 on Saturday :-(

@WaywardOne - yeah, T3 for the 600 meter dash! For T1, I got there at 3.30PM and I was 10th row, one person removed from the rail. Just as well since there was a huge security guy right there (they seem to be spaced every 2 meters) staring straight at the crowd, pretty intimidating (and was blocking the view too for people against the rail...). YMMV of course.

@dombr - scary story...you're very lucky that guy stuck around and gave you valid tickets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 19:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:54

drbryant
I would be a little wary coming to this show without a ticket. As usual, sales of a second show pick up significantly once the first show takes place.

I agree. I think it's best to be prepared to listen (and party) outside if coming down without tickets this Saturday. I think there probably will be scalpers but it's no guarantee and there is the fake ticket risk.

It's not so bad for me as I live in London so I can at least party outside the gates without spending out on travel and hotels. I'm trying to exercise self-restraint (too many expenses the past few months already) and stick to this plan.... have a horrible feeling I'll crack and try to get tickets!

Frankotero - I hope you managed to get a ticket!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 11, 2013 19:34

Well, I arrived in London today and collected my tickets at the Box Office, no problem!

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: July 11, 2013 20:34

johnnythunders
Sorry, please ignore previous post

It only applies if you are going to the absurd Bocca di Lupo backstage restaurant. Which I am not. So I don't know why they sent me the email. So as you were - West Entrance for Tier 1 / Barclay Unwind

Did they (BST) tell you that? I had a rather confusing email correspondence with them abt that very question and they (well kind of) confirmed the opposite:

Subject: RE: IMPORTANT ENTRANCE INFORMATION FOR

Hi
I have checked with someone who has told me that you should be able to go through the South Entrance which is gate 15.

Kind regards
The AEG Hospitality Team

To: British Summer Time Hyde Park Hospitality

Thanks your reply,

However, I got the email from: British Summer Time noreply@bst-hydepark.co.uk (email attached hereto) and I would have thought my Tier 1 tickets with Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar Pass would fit the category of “hospitality area and packages”. If you cannot reply to this simple question, who should I then ask?

Thanks n regards

From: British Summer Time Hyde Park Hospitality [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 11. juli 2013 14:27
To:

Dear

Thank you for your email. We actually deal only with the hospitality area and packages, so I am not too sure about the answer to your question. I can only suggest that you get in touch with the company which sent the original mail to which you refer. I’m sorry we can’t be of more help.

Kind regards
The AEG Hospitality Team

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: July 11, 2013 21:45

so there is only the left side of the stage/catwalk to get in the front/first few rows for people with tier 3? someone made a map on here.
I'm going to queue early, i'm not a really fast runner, but i will run as fast as i can. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out so hopefully i will be alright, been to Hyde Park before twice so i know it's a very long run!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 11, 2013 23:13

Aquamarine

The things we endure to see The Rolling Stones live in concert.
I really admire your grit and determination to get what you deserve.
A great time at the gig and in London town.
Hope you get reimbursed and you come again to see The Rolling Stones play on their home turf. smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 12, 2013 01:20

If there's a next time, I'll be there! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 74 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home