Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: April 14, 2013 13:46

Has anybody else been searching ebay for an Austin K9 radio truck to take them to Hyde Park?......oh well just me then.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 14, 2013 14:35

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: April 14, 2013 14:56

Perfect,just whats needed to get to the front !

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 14, 2013 15:55

I wonder if Mick will wear white for the 2 shows..

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 14, 2013 16:29

Or a tutu for that matter

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 14, 2013 18:31

Ticket Prices via StubHub are now running $2,800 for lower level seats close to stage - I'm not referring to Hyde Park but venues such as L.A. or even Toronto.

From a a diehard Stones Fan & E-street Band - My question - Will the Stones cover the South Eastern U.S. after the S. American concerts? How can Miami-S Florida, New Orleans, Atlanta or even Greensboro/Raleigh be left out? Hopefully Bruce follows same path and finish tours in the same consideration.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 14, 2013 18:45

HydePark in 1969 was a one of a kind situation. Very happy that I was there even with the fact that it was also a tremendously sad day in view of Brian's death.

This year's Hyde Park Concert is quite a different event. Hopefully a very happy one after all the ticket miseries.

As for Paris, time will tell. It is one of the Stones' most favorite places to perform.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 14, 2013 19:46

Wish set list for 06 07 13
Start Me Up
No Expectations
Stray Cat Blues
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Virginia
Can' t You Hear Me Knocking
Shake Your Hips
Honky Tonk Women
Happy (Keith)
Salt Of the Earth (Keith)
Love in Vain (with Mick Taylor)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Satisfaction
Star******
You got me Rocking
Brown Sugar
Memory Motel
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
Ruby Tuesday
Paint It Black

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-14 23:02 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 14, 2013 21:55

Most of all, I want to be surprised and overwhelmed. I don't want to "control" their setlist with my wishes. Rather I want to be exposed to the unexpected. Then I especially want songs of which I do not like the studio versions that much. Then they might play it live in a manner that lifts these songs more than anything. That is my dream. A prime example would be "Hang Fire". One magic of this band to me is their ability to make comparatively ordinary songs of theirs - I repeat comparatively ordinary - shine as much as their most highlighted songs during a concert.

Date: April 14, 2013 22:22

I do not wish to control the band. One of my favourite DVDs of all time is Some Girls. Unfortunately I was too young and born in another part of the world to be there in person and this a performance almost completely devoid of Warhorses to promote a great return to form. I also love the Paris performance of the Four Flicks DVD which contains songs such Dance part 1 and Hand Of Fate which sound absolutely fantastic such is their energy. Anyway cannot wait for 06 07 13 whatever the set list. I am sure they will surprise me. I am waiting.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-14 22:29 by desertblues68.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 14, 2013 22:35

I got the feeling that everything is upbeat now after the ticket fiaso for Hyde Park has sorted itself out.
I just hope that everyone,especially us fans as opposed to corporate freebies,get ''Satisfaction''.
I'm sure we will.
Mick,Keith,Ronnie and Charlie seem to be in great form for this tour and all things are getting geared up for a great time.
See you there,somewhere....................anywhere. hot smiley

Date: April 14, 2013 22:49

Man I can't wait to.hear that Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones again....The Boys look good and in fine form and Keef is playing well again. When on form nobody can stand up to them. Worshipped them since I was 13!!!!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:25

stonesrule
To make myself crystal clear, I am waiting for the Rolling Stones to play Paris this year.

ProudMary asked if I was going to Hyde Park this July. I'd prefer to wait for Paris.

I was at Hyde Park in 1969.

Ah, oops, my apologies, I mis-read your earlier post. smiling smiley

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:49

This Hyde Park Festival is a bit weird isn't it? It has Bon Jovi and Kaiserchiefs on Friday, Stones on Saturday and then Stones again a week later. That's about it really. In the meantime, you can have a snack and enjoy culture:

www.bst-hydepark.com
In what heralds a totally unique event offer for London, each live music-packed weekend will be linked by a midweek programme of diverse entertainment, accessible for all to enjoy.

From Monday to Thursday, the Barclaycard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park site, will give visitors the chance to get involved with smaller, more intimate events offering film, music, literature, sport and a specific family day that will expand the Barclaycard British Summer Time experience to genuinely appeal to the whole family.

There will be four themed zones within the Barclaycard British Summer Time site, each with its own specially designed installations and entertainment, high quality restaurants, bespoke salons, pubs, cocktail bars, cafes, bistros and independent food stalls.

What crowd does that 'experience' target? Families, people into rock, people into literature, people into cocktails, sportsfans...

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 15, 2013 14:48

Limbostone
This Hyde Park Festival is a bit weird isn't it? It has Bon Jovi and Kaiserchiefs on Friday, Stones on Saturday and then Stones again a week later. That's about it really.

There's three more line-ups yet to be announced. Sunday 7th, then Fri 12th and Sun 14th. Rumour has it that two of the headliners will be Van Morrison and Leonard Cohen.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 15, 2013 19:32

Tier Three tickets currently available on BST website (1730 GMT, April 15th)

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: April 15, 2013 19:49

cooheid
Has anybody else been searching ebay for an Austin K9 radio truck to take them to Hyde Park?......oh well just me then.

The Truck they travelled to Hyde Park in 1969 was lent to them by the Edgar Broughton Band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 19:50 by King Bee.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:02

So I was stupid enough to try to save 30 pounds and clicked the "will call" option. 30 pounds is ridiculous for sending a ticket by normal mail ( which is what they did last time )
Pffff...
1) Is it possible to change this option into just getting the ticket sent to my home outside the UK? ( Holland in this case )
2) Is there any info available as to where I can pick up my ticket when I arrive at the site? Or maybe I can pick it up else where?
3) Is there any info on from what time I can pick up the tickets at the site? How many gates there will be.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:42

Whale
So I was stupid enough to try to save 30 pounds and clicked the "will call" option. 30 pounds is ridiculous for sending a ticket by normal mail ( which is what they did last time )
Pffff...
1) Is it possible to change this option into just getting the ticket sent to my home outside the UK? ( Holland in this case )
2) Is there any info available as to where I can pick up my ticket when I arrive at the site? Or maybe I can pick it up else where?
3) Is there any info on from what time I can pick up the tickets at the site? How many gates there will be.

Try to change it at BST site / your account's order history. But I don't know sure if it's possible, just try!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 01:02 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: April 16, 2013 08:34

King Bee
Pffff...

Try to change it at BST site / your account's order history. But I don't know sure if it's possible, just try!

I did the same in the first ticket I´ve bought, I´ve send an e-mail to the site and a nice guy changed my choose to "will call".....2-3 days later it was changed in my "account"... so, it´s possible change it!!! smiling smiley And spend the 30 pounds in pints!! smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 08:38 by kaskatanas.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 16, 2013 10:40

I'm waiting for over a week to have them change my shipping option to will call.
No refund - no change in my 'account info'.
Although they promised me they would take care of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 10:41 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 16, 2013 11:05

Whale
Pffff...

Why stupid????

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2013 12:56

Rolling Hansie

Hmm... can that be borrowed I wonder.. namely, one possible idea of how to get to FOS...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 16, 2013 18:01

I just found the perfect solution for getting FOS at Hyde Park. And you can use it all the way from home to the venue...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 18:04 by bv.

Date: April 16, 2013 21:13

Dammit! With THAT vehicle we might even have a say what's happening in stage... "JAGGER!! BRING TAYLOR IN AND DO "CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING" FOLLOWED BY "MOONLIGHT MILE!!"..."MORE VOLUME TO WOODIE!!"

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 21:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:27

Doxa
Dammit! With THAT vehicle we might even have a say what's happening in stage... "JAGGER!! BRING TAYLOR IN AND DO "CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING" FOLLOWED BY "MOONLIGHT MILE!!"..."MORE VOLUME TO WOODIE!!"

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Hi Doxa, haven't got my Hyde Park tickets yet but let's meet up for a pint or three. I'm sure paulywaul, Beast, Dandylion Powderman, Gazza, manofwealthandtaste, Mr Jimmy, Rockman and others will join us.

Posted by: JaviHendrix ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:35

Hi! A little tribute to the Stones' 50 from Spain... Hope you can enjoy it!!

http://oigofotos.wordpress.com/especiales/the-rolling-stones-50-countin/

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:20

Some of my favorite pubs nearby:

The Mitre Lancaster Gate (Craven Terrace)
[www.mitrelancastergate.com]

Pride Of Paddington
Across the street from Paddington station

Bjornulf

Date: April 19, 2013 11:27

Silver Dagger
Doxa

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Hi Doxa, haven't got my Hyde Park tickets yet but let's meet up for a pint or three. I'm sure paulywaul, Beast, Dandylion Powderman, Gazza, manofwealthandtaste, Mr Jimmy, Rockman and others will join us.

A great idea! I will be there for the 13th show. I had also tickets for the 6th but couldn't make my schedule arranged for that, so I needed to skip that one.

I also get a room from the infamous St. Giles hotel for two nights (Friday to Sunday), so I had the idea of maximising the Stones euphoria with alike crazy heads.. It will nothing but The Rolling Stones for me for the whole weekend. So anyone being there might ran to this nuthead Doxa giving an endless lecture of "The Vegas Era"....>grinning smiley<

Actually I have always hoped to meet you fellow freaks in a context like this - so really looking forward for that! (Even though I might sound a bit critical fan sometimes, I am still a crazy fan boy at the bottom... You will see...)

smileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 19, 2013 17:21

Anybody has received their tickets yet? When will those tickets be sent out?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home