Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Hey Stones, now its time to entertain the fans.
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:08

Ok now that the masses have been entertained with warhorses and guests, its time to entertain the fans. They should treat the warhorses like the first part of the set and switch two or three in and out each night.

Five nights of the same songs essentially needs to diversify. We all have seen all five shows in either video or in person or maybe even both. Really how much better can they play? How many times can we analyze Midnight Rambler or Gimme Shelter?

If this is their last tour I want to hear the some things from the catalog. Give us an entire album performance to spend the rest of our lives talking about. I want to talk about different songs they played.

What about "Out of Time" or "Under My Thumb" "Stupid Girl" or "Pain In My Heart" or "Silver Train" or "Melody" or "Dancing With Mr D" or "Moonlight Mile" or...The entire "Aftermath" album. Who wouldn't love to hear a live version of "Going Home" Any takers out there?

Re: Hey Stones, now its time to entertain the fans.
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:24

The Sicilian
Ok now that the masses have been entertained with warhorses and guests, its time to entertain the fans. They should treat the warhorses like the first part of the set and switch two or three in and out each night.

Five nights of the same songs essentially needs to diversify. We all have seen all five shows in either video or in person or maybe even both. Really how much better can they play? How many times can we analyze Midnight Rambler or Gimme Shelter?

If this is their last tour I want to hear the some things from the catalog. Give us an entire album performance to spend the rest of our lives talking about. I want to talk about different songs they played.

What about "Out of Time" or "Under My Thumb" "Stupid Girl" or "Pain In My Heart" or "Silver Train" or "Melody" or "Dancing With Mr D" or "Moonlight Mile" or...The entire "Aftermath" album. Who wouldn't love to hear a live version of "Going Home" Any takers out there?

Two of those in my dream list........

Sympathy<>Too much blood
Hey Negrita
Child of the moon
Sway - rotate with One hit
Pretty beat up
Honky tonk women
Silver train
Brown sugar
Let it loose
Around & Around
I go wild
Coming down again (Mick & Keith)
Before they make me run
Feel on
Fingerprint file
Out of control
100 years ago - rotate with Winter
Let the good times roll
Dance little sister
Doom & Gloom
Jumping Jack Flash
Going home
Honky tonk women
Gimme Shelter

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:31

The Sicilian

It amazes me that people feel that after 50 years, the Stones owe them anything. It's all been done. Everything. I guess, you expect them to do a show made up exclusively of exactly what songs YOU want them to perform. Anything less and you'll be dissatisfied. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this is?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:41

Jazzbass, after paying high ticket prices and considering the 50th Anniversary I would hope they'd pull out a few surprises. Ok not a complete show, I don't think anyone expected that. For what it's worth they played very well on these 5 shows. That's pretty amazing in itself. But yeah, some of us would like more. Maybe we will get it next year? Hope so.

Date: December 16, 2012 19:44

jazzbass

It amazes me that people feel that after 50 years, the Stones owe them anything. It's all been done. Everything. I guess, you expect them to do a show made up exclusively of exactly what songs YOU want them to perform. Anything less and you'll be dissatisfied. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this is?

I think you'll find that more people are in my camp than yours. No it has not been done. People like you are satisfied with a greatest hits album but some want more. Especially if the prices are going to be that high.

I have high expectations you have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:54

I was genuinely bored from Tumbling Dice on. 50 years of playing the same tunes live. 500+ originals and we get the same 5% of the catalog every night. They play those tracks well, I am just burned out on the warhorses. Loved the rest of the gig!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:54

There definitely should have been a few more nuggets in there for "us" last night.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:00

The Sicilian
jazzbass

I think you'll find that more people are in my camp than yours. No it has not been done. People like you are satisfied with a greatest hits album but some want more. Especially if the prices are going to be that high.

I have high expectations you have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Of course I have no expectations, THEY ARE PUSHING 70+ FOR CHRISSAKES! As far as it has been done, remember Stripped? That was excellent. Licks tour with wide varying set lists from night to night? Brilliant! Let it go, it has been done and they should retire with this triumphant exit. Of course I'd love it if they did a rarities tour, but should I expect it? Hardly any more than I'd expect my grandparents (they're deceased, but you get my point) to take up working full time again.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:02

I'm afraid we'll never get an "all out supershow" as Mick is into the "never give too much" philosophy. But hey, we can always dream right.winking smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:52

Their catalog is huge, Please Heart Of stone, play, spider and fly jig saw puzzle etc.
Mccartney is playing more tunes and is how old?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:11

EddieByword
The Sicilian

Sympathy<>Too much blood
Hey Negrita
Child of the moon
Pretty beat up
Honky tonk women
Silver train
Brown sugar
Let it loose
Around & Around
I go wild
Before they make me run
Feel on
Fingerprint file
Out of control
Let the good times roll
Dance little sister
Doom & Gloom
Jumping Jack Flash
Going home
Honky tonk women
Gimme Shelter
5-10% of the paying crowd would be happy, the other 90-95% would want their $ back. so NO.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:16

Forget it. fans have allready everything by the Stones,and have seen them allready millions of times, they are spoiled, and like spoiled children impossible to please.

Date: December 16, 2012 22:18

That's why I don't go anymore. tired of all the familiar and stale Warhorses. fan Since 65

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:19

Some of You are never tired of posting : DREAM Set list smiling smiley)))

Date: December 16, 2012 22:24

thabo
Forget it. fans have allready everything by the Stones,and have seen them allready millions of times, they are spoiled, and like spoiled children impossible to please.

Love em but I think they can pull out others if they desired. Around around get's played what once!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 23:27 by black n blue.

Date: December 16, 2012 22:25

thabo
Forget it. fans have allready everything by the Stones,and have seen them allready millions of times, they are spoiled, and like spoiled children impossible to please.[/quote

Spoiled how?

Just asking for a couple or rare ones, They got em

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 22:33 by black n blue.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:18

The Sicilian
I think you'll find that more people are in my camp than yours.

Oh well, if that's important to you. Congratulations then. Have a drink mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 17, 2012 00:24

Slick
EddieByword
The Sicilian

Sympathy<>Too much blood
Hey Negrita
Child of the moon
Pretty beat up
Honky tonk women
Silver train
Brown sugar
Let it loose
Around & Around
I go wild
Before they make me run
Feel on
Fingerprint file
Out of control
Let the good times roll
Dance little sister
Doom & Gloom
Jumping Jack Flash
Going home
Honky tonk women
Gimme Shelter

5-10% of the paying crowd would be happy, the other 90-95% would want their $ back. so NO.

You sure about that? surely a great band playing great songs is obvious to anyone and those that don't know them all will have their ears opened..........ps, enough warhorses in there for anyone but a moron, not only morons have money to buy tickets. There's only one song in there that I've ever hear anyone slag off and that's Too much blood..........but I love that so it stays..........grinning smiley

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:36

EddieByword
Slick
EddieByword
The Sicilian

Sympathy<>Too much blood
Hey Negrita
Child of the moon
Pretty beat up
Honky tonk women
Silver train
Brown sugar
Let it loose
Around & Around
I go wild
Before they make me run
Feel on
Fingerprint file
Out of control
Let the good times roll
Dance little sister
Doom & Gloom
Jumping Jack Flash
Going home
Honky tonk women
Gimme Shelter

You sure about that? surely a great band playing great songs is obvious to anyone and those that don't know them all will have their ears opened..........ps, enough warhorses in there for anyone but a moron, not only morons have money to buy tickets. There's only one song in there that I've ever hear anyone slag off and that's Too much blood..........but I love that so it stays..........grinning smiley
ok, 5-10% of the paying crowd would be happy, 5-10% of the crowd would be intrigued by the rarities, and the other 80-90% would want their $ back. so NO.

lol

Date: December 17, 2012 00:47

That is why you mix them in. Even last night they barely took a break between the warhorse bus run, they just spit them out fast and furious and got out of there.

For a smart bunch of rockers they organize their song list like a 2nd grade exit drill. Why can't "Paint It Black" be played at the end of the show or even "The Last Time"? As soon as Miss You gets cued it is the run for bus.

The selection and placement of songs has become so bland.

Date: December 17, 2012 00:57

The Sicilian
That is why you mix them in. Even last night they barely took a break between the warhorse bus run, they just spit them out fast and furious and got out of there.

For a smart bunch of rockers they organize their song list like a 2nd grade exit drill. Why can't "Paint It Black" be played at the end of the show or even "The Last Time"? As soon as Miss You gets cued it is the run for bus.

The placement of songs is only bland to us hardcores. I don't like all the warhorses either (and the placement) but the vast majority of concert goers are either seeing the Stones for the first time or just sees them whenever they appear in their hometown or on PPV every once in a blue moon. The crowd looked like a normal Stones crowd. Going nuts over the songs they can sing along to or participate in.

Date: December 17, 2012 01:00

Slick
EddieByword
Slick
EddieByword
The Sicilian

Sympathy<>Too much blood
Hey Negrita
Child of the moon
Pretty beat up
Honky tonk women
Silver train
Brown sugar
Let it loose
Around & Around
I go wild
Before they make me run
Feel on
Fingerprint file
Out of control
Let the good times roll
Dance little sister
Doom & Gloom
Jumping Jack Flash
Going home
Honky tonk women
Gimme Shelter

ok, 5-10% of the paying crowd would be happy, 5-10% of the crowd would be intrigued by the rarities, and the other 80-90% would want their $ back. so NO.

lol

You're not Chuck leavell are you? ...lol.........cool smiley

Date: December 17, 2012 01:11

JumpinJackOLantern
The Sicilian

The placement of songs is only bland to us hardcores. I don't like all the warhorses either (and the placement) but the vast majority of concert goers are either seeing the Stones for the first time or just sees them whenever they appear in their hometown or on PPV every once in a blue moon. The crowd looked like a normal Stones crowd. Going nuts over the songs they can sing along to or participate in.

Not just the hardcores anymore. I don't believe that anywhere near a majority is seeing them for the first time. That has always been one of the arguments but I don't buy it at all.

Date: December 17, 2012 01:23

The Sicilian
JumpinJackOLantern
The Sicilian

Not just the hardcores anymore. I don't believe that anywhere near a majority is seeing them for the first time. That has always been one of the arguments but I don't buy it at all.

Well, I said EITHER for the first time OR only see them when they come to their hometown or appear on TV once every blue moon. Us hardcores only make up a very small percentage of fans that attend their concerts. The non hardcore Stones fan wants to hear all the songs he/she can participate in. I wish it wasn't so, but that is the reality we must endure until they decide to do only club and theater shows.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:42

JumpinJackOLantern
The Sicilian

You predict the song order, sometimes I tell what guitar their using and say here comes

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 17, 2012 07:36

I would love it if they played a more varied setlist but after no Stones for six years and the band playing with renewed vigor I was satisfied with these shows. If I went to the orpheum in Boston I would expect to hear more nuggets but 5 shows to celebrate 50 years you bet your ass they are going to play the songs that made them famous and I might add The Last Time, It's All Over Now, Get Off Of My Cloud, Dead Flowers, Around and Around, Wild Horses, I'm Going Down, Champagne and Reefer, Respectable, Lady Jane and I Wanna Be Your Man are not on the normal rotation of songs that always get played.

Date: December 17, 2012 08:46

slew
I would love it if they played a more varied setlist but after no Stones for six years and the band playing with renewed vigor I was satisfied with these shows. If I went to the orpheum in Boston I would expect to hear more nuggets but 5 shows to celebrate 50 years you bet your ass they are going to play the songs that made them famous and I might add The Last Time, It's All Over Now, Get Off Of My Cloud, Dead Flowers, Around and Around, Wild Horses, I'm Going Down, Champagne and Reefer, Respectable, Lady Jane and I Wanna Be Your Man are not on the normal rotation of songs that always get played.

They like to close the shows with the super warhorses because it works the crowd into a frenzy for the grand climax. It's just showbiz. Mick wouldn't bother to do this if the crowd wasn't going nuts at the finish. So there will always be a certain amount of warhorses at these arena shows. Be nice if someday they do a series of club shows with all rarities and new songs. I think they will have to grow old for that to happen. For the time being they are still rocking like they are in their thirties. 70 year olds are not supposed to do that, but the times they are a changin.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:00

thrak
Some of You are never tired of posting : DREAM Set list smiling smiley)))

thumbs up you took the words right out of my mouth.... Oh but that was another onesmileys with beer

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:01

I for one have been very entertained by The Stones lately

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:06

The Worst.
I for one have been very entertained by The Stones lately

Well, in that case, it must be obvious that you cannot be a real fan then grinning smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home