Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Will Taylor receive money from the Stones ?
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 19, 2012 13:59

I will not be swayed from my view that Taylor's resurgence with the RS was due to consistent expressions of desire on IORR and other fan websites. The best thing we can do is continue this and express our enjoyment of his performances.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 19, 2012 14:31

If you are to believe the recent books written about Sir Michael revealing how mean he is I guess he is paid £300 a concert.
Or something like that. Just enough to cover his gas bills home in England.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 15:03

I do wonder how many people in the audience cared about Taylor being back? I suspect to the less devoted fan a celebrity guest is better than some old muso.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 19, 2012 15:05

DandelionPowderman, I think VT22 interpreted your use of the word "diet" differently than you meant it.
Just guessing, you meant daily meals, not limited intake to lose weight.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 19, 2012 15:10

angee
DandelionPowderman, I think VT22 interpreted your use of the word "diet" differently than you meant it.

LOL! I knew there was a misunderstanding in there somewhere. Thanks, angee smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2012 15:59

DandelionPowderman
angee

LOL! I knew there was a misunderstanding in there somewhere. Thanks, angee smiling smiley

Misunderstood and/or taken out of context posts happen, but when a poster is as consistantly positive as DPM... and usually always makes great posts like DPM, then anyone jumping the gun might rethink it. In my humble opinion, DPM is one of IORR's best posters and also creates some awesome original music, and he shares it with us.... how much better does someone get than that?

I just want to say Thank You to DandelionPowderman for being a great IORRer, thanks for being here.
HAPPY STONES SEASON!!

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:00

DandelionPowderman
angee

Piss off, hypocrite.

Date: December 19, 2012 16:07

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
angee

Misunderstood and/or taken out of context posts happen, but when a poster is as consistantly positive as DPM... and usually always makes great posts like DPM, then anyone jumping the gun might rethink it. In my humble opinion, DPM is one of IORR's best posters and also creates some awesome original music, and he shares it with us.... how much better does someone get than that?

I just want to say Thank You to DandelionPowderman for being a great IORRer, thanks for being here.
HAPPY STONES SEASON!!

Thanks, Max. I really appreciate that thumbs up

Date: December 19, 2012 16:22

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
angee

HAPPY STONES SEASON!!

Thanks, Max. I really appreciate that thumbs up

Just telling like it is DPM... Keep on rocking!!!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:25

@ Talkcheap

You've been right with those 6 month. I mixed it up somehow without thinking about it.Seems I'm really getting older . .

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:26

I highly doubt he was being paid 25,000 per show! That would be shocking. I am sure he got a nice sum for one song, I have no idea what it would have been, but 25 grand from the notoriously tight Glimmer Twins seems out of the realm of possibilities. I mean hell, the guy who filmed The Stones Some Girls Live in Texas was still waiting to be paid! And he didn't even know they were officially releasing it last year and hoped he would finally get paid for a film made in 1978!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:44

That can't be right, there must have been some kind of dispute?

Anyway back to Taylor's money...if as some claim here Mick and Keith bailed him out in 2002 after he sent a telegram, it's reasonable to think they had no problem paying him well for these four shows. Sure it raised his profile but they got a couple of press releases out of it and several people I know finally broke down and coughed up the cash when they found out be was onboard. It's also possible that his absence on the 8th was due to some "negotiating" going on.

Anyway it's a win-win situation for them, for him and for us!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:56

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
I care more whether or not he'll be given a chance to play more than Midnight Rambler.

Yes, I hope he gets an actual 'mini' set worth of material. I find it odd they only had him out for one song. It was great to have him at all, but I don't understand why they didn't have him on any other 'period' pieces.

He got 12 out of 150 minutes. That's nearly a tenth of the show winking smiley

But those 12 minutes were every time the highlight of the show, for the biggest part thanks to Taylor's presence. Or doesn't that count?

btw: are you on a diet? cool smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 19, 2012 17:03

24FPS
scottkeef
I understand having Clapton or others from their time period guest but I wish they would quit wasting time bringing in some just to show Mick "knows who's hip"...real Stones fans dont give a shit about these "guests"...

I'm a REAL Stones fan and I thought Clapton was L-A-M-E. Lady GaGa added a sense of danger to what was otherwise a celebration of old farterdom. Charlie approved of Lady GaGa. Is Charlie being superficial and proving how 'hip' he is, too? The Stones don't belong to any one time period or any one age set of fans. Look at the faces in their audiences. They range from the very young to the very old. The Stones music and stage show stretches over 50 years. They are more than the 60s.

If Charlie approved of Lady Gaga I lost alot of respect for him. She's a joke.

Date: December 19, 2012 17:06

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
I care more whether or not he'll be given a chance to play more than Midnight Rambler.

Yes, I hope he gets an actual 'mini' set worth of material. I find it odd they only had him out for one song. It was great to have him at all, but I don't understand why they didn't have him on any other 'period' pieces.

But those 12 minutes were every time the highlight of the show, for the biggest part thanks to Taylor's presence. Or doesn't that count?

btw: are you on a diet? cool smiley

It was great indeed, kleermaker! thumbs up

No, but I got my diet covered by the tour organizers on my last tour ( [en.wikipedia.org] ) winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 17:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 19, 2012 17:17

When it comes to Charlie's claimed approval of Lady Gaga: I don't think Charlie has a clue about modern pop/rock music and therefore gives his approval to almost anything. Charlie's heroes are from the jazz era.

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: December 19, 2012 18:11

I'm sure he would be happy with a firm hand shake and a pat on the back...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 19, 2012 19:14

More Hot Rocks
24FPS
scottkeef
I understand having Clapton or others from their time period guest but I wish they would quit wasting time bringing in some just to show Mick "knows who's hip"...real Stones fans dont give a shit about these "guests"...

I'm a REAL Stones fan and I thought Clapton was L-A-M-E. Lady GaGa added a sense of danger to what was otherwise a celebration of old farterdom. Charlie approved of Lady GaGa. Is Charlie being superficial and proving how 'hip' he is, too? The Stones don't belong to any one time period or any one age set of fans. Look at the faces in their audiences. They range from the very young to the very old. The Stones music and stage show stretches over 50 years. They are more than the 60s.

Then you have no respect for Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts. Keith wrote her a message on the jacket they gave her, "Your place or mine?", so that's the end of Keith in your respect world. I saw Ronnie all chummy and smiley with her too. Damn, I hope you enjoy all those Darryl and Chuck shows next year.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 19:34

gotdablouse
That can't be right, there must have been some kind of dispute?

Anyway back to Taylor's money...if as some claim here Mick and Keith bailed him out in 2002 after he sent a telegram, it's reasonable to think they had no problem paying him well for these four shows. Sure it raised his profile but they got a couple of press releases out of it and several people I know finally broke down and coughed up the cash when they found out be was onboard. It's also possible that his absence on the 8th was due to some "negotiating" going on.

Anyway it's a win-win situation for them, for him and for us!

There was a great interview with the maker of Live in Texas about how he talked Mick into his company filming it the day before the show. They set up, filmed, and edited, all out of his pocket. He showed it to Mick and Mick said he didn't want to release it, "we look too old!" So it sat on the shelf until last year. In the same interview the maker said he had no idea it was being released until someone contacted him for an interview, and then he said he hopped he would finally be paid!

I bet Taylor got a little above Union wages for his performances.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 19:54

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

8% of the show to be accurate. I wouldn't have a problem moving him up to 30-40%.

Hell, why not the whole show?!

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:04

Who is Will Taylor and why he receives money from the Stones?

Hahahaha. I apologize for the cheap joke. I just had to do that smoking smiley

But seriously, hopefully Mick pays Mick enough and invites him to join The Stones for the possible forthcoming World Tour.

Date: December 19, 2012 21:18

Single Malt
Who is Will Taylor and why he receives money from the Stones?

Hahahaha. I apologize for the cheap joke. I just had to do that smoking smiley

But seriously, hopefully Mick pays Mick enough and invites him to join The Stones for the possible forthcoming World Tour.

I don't get the stones connection here either...

[www.tumblr.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:50

24FPS
More Hot Rocks
24FPS
scottkeef

Then you have no respect for Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts. Keith wrote her a message on the jacket they gave her, "Your place or mine?", so that's the end of Keith in your respect world. I saw Ronnie all chummy and smiley with her too. Damn, I hope you enjoy all those Darryl and Chuck shows next year.

If you have that much respect for a no talent freak. You need help.

Date: December 19, 2012 22:02

More Hot Rocks
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
24FPS
scottkeef

If you have that much respect for a no talent freak. You need help.

Wow, coming from you that means so much to the rest of us.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:12

Lady Gaga deserves respect for "making it" and being in a position to be on stage with the Rolling Stones.

Aside from that, she is a vapid Madonna protege.

The Riverdance chick who sang Gimme Shelter was much better.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:14

He was hired on an "all you can eat at the backstage buffet" basis.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Date: December 19, 2012 22:52

71Tele
He was hired on an "all you can eat at the backstage buffet" basis.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Little gaffe's like this...taking the easy joke is going to be the fly in the ointment keeping you from getting an invitation to join the rest of us in the Friar's Club.

Keep it up big boy!

Date: December 19, 2012 22:56

This thread is funny... it makes me laugh... out loud... which is fun....
and fun is a good thing to have.

Date: December 19, 2012 22:59

Max'sKansasCity

Have you been drinking brandy in your coffee all day Max?

Date: December 19, 2012 23:02

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

Have you been drinking brandy in your coffee all day Max?

brandy?... in my coffee?... me?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home