Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones setlist confirmed for tonight (Spoilers inside, if you don't want to know)
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:35

2 songs. 10-15 minutes.

Jumpin' Jack Flash
You Got Me Rockin'

Guarantee a shitload will be upset about the second choice.

Re: Stones setlist confirmed for tonight (Spoilers inside, if you don't want to know)
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:39

Two songs does not a setlist make.

Re: Stones setlist confirmed for tonight (Spoilers inside, if you don't want to know)
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:40

Source please.

Date: December 13, 2012 00:41

[hypervocal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com]

For the whole show (again, in case people don't want to know).
The stones are at the bottom of the second column.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 00:42 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:45

By contrast, the Who are doing seven songs and Macca eight. Hmmmm...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:46

Well, that really bites the big one.

What does the "red star" in the box indicate ?

Date: December 13, 2012 00:48

Edith Grove
What does the "red star" in the box indicate ?
Communist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 00:49 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:48

15 minutes? Wonder how they'll divide that?

JJ Flash - 5 minutee
Banter - 30 seconds
You Got Me Rocking - 9:30

Honestly though, if they were to play You Got Me Rocking like the album, I'd be a very happy camper. I LOVE the studio track. They do it way too fast these days.

Looking forward to tonight!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:50

I don't buy it, I'd bet on Brown Sugar, Doom and Gloom and JJF.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:00

That Sucks,but l guess they must keep it simple for Keith....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:05

ROPENI

By playing a song they haven't done live yet this year? OK.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:08

Beast

Paul's songs are shorter.

I doubt the Stones wanted to play any longer than theyre doing. They have a gig tomorrow.

Bit hard also to change the schedules at short notice to accommodate another half hour set.

Date: December 13, 2012 01:16

ROPENI

If they´re keeping it simple, I bet it´s for Mick. He has a full show to sing the next day, after all.

Keith has done three shows with various songs in the set list now. No need to worry, he is on top form, I saw that myself in London thumbs up

PS: If he is sick, he has more experience performing sick than any musician I know of, so he´ll be fine.

Date: December 13, 2012 01:25

Gazza
Beast

I doubt the Stones wanted to play any longer than theyre doing. They have a gig tomorrow.

Bit hard also to change the schedules at short notice to accommodate another half hour set.
The Stones were not a late addition. They've been on the bill since the show was announced. They were just kept as a surprise special guest, but they've known they were gonna do it the whole time. They could have played a half hour if they wanted to, but they aren't capable of that for two nights in a row apparently.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:28

I;m sure that they could play a half hour and be fine tomorrow but why chance it. I hope they don't play You Got Me Rocking that song annoys me live

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:28

DandelionPowderman
ROPENI

If they´re keeping it simple, I bet it´s for Mick. He has a full show to sing the next day, after all.

Keith has done three shows with various songs in the set list now. No need to worry, he is on top form, I saw that myself in London thumbs up

PS: If he is sick, he has more experience performing sick than any musician I know of, so he´ll be fine.
In a couple of hours we'll see..winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:33

Beast

The Who have just completed the first leg of their present tour and don't have a show until January 28, and Macca likewise and won't hit the stage again until May 17, whereas The Stones have a show the next night. Judging from Mick's appearance on Letterman last night, he may already have a cold as his speaking voice seemed more nasal than usual, and besides, Mick and Keith only played 2 songs as well at the Concert For New York in 2001.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:43

Gazza
Beast

Its not as though the Stones don't have a backlog of short songs either. Hmmm, then again maybe playing 5 three minute songs might be too much work.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:57

McCartney without the never ending Piano-ballade? For God's sake - the setlists are unexpected in every way...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:07

gimme shelter is a must IMO

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:10

jazzbass
I don't buy it, I'd bet on Brown Sugar, Doom and Gloom and JJF.

I don't buy it either. The provided document is a working draft. For some
artists it simply says "setlist to be determined". JJF and YGMR are just
placeholders, to preserve the "surprise", GS with Alicia Keys and YCAGWYW with
the choir, which together take (and deserve) 15 minutes and which are appropriate
to the occasion and which better advertise for the PPV to this kind of audience,
both songs because of the guests taking pressure off Keith and not straining Mick's voice.

I'm still holding out some hope that Mick is Bruce's special guest, on Jersey
Girl (even though I know Tom Waits is the more logical choice).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 02:24 by superrevvy.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:40

so far this set list is wrong

Date: December 13, 2012 02:43

Bruce is known to switch his set is my only explanation.

Date: December 13, 2012 02:47

OK, well now who knows what Bruce is doing. 15 minutes of My City Of Ruins is completely out of the blue based on that setlist and how long he has to be on stage.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:13

superrevvy
The provided document is a working draft.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:27

carlorossi
ROPENI

By playing a song they haven't done live yet this year? OK.

... if you consider You Got Me Rocking a "song".

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:28

You got me rockin' is a very poor choice, specially with the Stones PPV
coming up. They should go for JJF and another "well known" song.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:31

(kidding about YGMR, it's not terrible)

Hey, Roger Waters is doing 5 pieces of music, which is 8 Stones songs with the current exchange rate!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:32

i dont buy it, half of there catoluge are songs about new york. I think miss you is a lock, as is gimme shelter(lets think of the program here folks) and JJF

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:33

ChefGuevara
You got me rockin' is a very poor choice, specially with the Stones PPV
coming up. They should go for JJF and another "well known" song.

400 songs or so to pick from and the most apt song for the occasion is YGMR?

Christ on a bike. Please tell me theyre not going to play that one.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home