Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Plenty of tickets available for the New York area shows..
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 5, 2012 15:23

Well,it seems that even with the good reviews of the London shows,it has not helped the sales of tickets for the 3 shows in the New York area.
Ticketmaster still is offering tickets for all 3 shows,with Brooklyn having the most available,all the other ticket sites also have plenty left.
So, its obvious that their attempt to rape the faithful,has not worked and they will be playing to many empty seats..To those going to the shows have a great time...

The Rolling Stones - 50 Years and Counting Tickets
Sat, 12/08/2012 8:00 p.m. EST
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY Sell Priced from: $289.00 USD
1,211 tickets left
Thu, 12/13/2012 8:00 p.m. EST
Prudential Center
Newark, NJ Sell Priced from: $215.00 USD
2,492 tickets left
Sat, 12/15/2012 8:00 p.m. EST
Prudential Center
Newark, NJ Sell Priced from: $350.00 USD
2,008 tickets left

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Plenty of tickets available for the New York area shows..
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 5, 2012 15:36

Where do see the number of tickets available or how do you count them?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 5, 2012 15:39

latvianinexile
These numbers might be from stubhub.com only

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: December 5, 2012 15:48

I saw a single in section 9 row 15 for the first NJ show on SH yesterday. Great seat for $450.. I considered buying it but chose to wait for a better price. It's gone now, but I expect to see many more prices dropping soon. The NJ shows seem to not have "etix". This means sellers have to sell their tix with enough time for delivery to the buyer. Unless SH arranges for meeting up with buyers near the venue,I think prices will drop significantly by Monday,12/10. Almost 2,500 tix for Thursday, 2,000 tix for Saturday and 1,200 for Brooklyn on SH remain, PLUS there are tickets dropping on TM for each show.I think the market is flooded right now.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 5, 2012 15:50

Grison
latvianinexile
These numbers might be from stubhub.com only

Yes, you're right. So it's these numbers plus other resellers.

Date: December 5, 2012 15:52

ROPENI
Well,it seems that even with the good reviews of the London shows,it has not helped the sales of tickets for the 3 shows in the New York area.
Ticketmaster still is offering tickets for all 3 shows,with Brooklyn having the most available,all the other ticket sites also have plenty left.
So, its obvious that their attempt to rape the faithful,has not worked and they will be playing to many empty seats..To those going to the shows have a great time...

Barclays Center
1,211 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,492 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,008 tickets left

Am I missing something, or isn't it the other way around? Brooklyn: 1211 tickets left. Is Brooklyn a smaller venue?

BTW, they won't have any trouble selling these shows out. 5700 tickets? Will be gone in an instant, along with news about Taylor, Wyman or any other who'll draw people + last week marketing etc.

Date: December 5, 2012 15:58

latvianinexile
Well, in each of the shows it says how many tickets are left,and those numbers are only for Stubhub,there are plenty more at other sites such as viagogo,etc.
Bottom line is a buyer's market...

Date: December 5, 2012 16:01

DandelionPowderman
ROPENI

Barclays Center
1,211 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,492 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,008 tickets left

Am I missing something, or isn't it the other way around? Brooklyn: 1211 tickets left. Is Brooklyn a smaller venue?

BTW, they won't have any trouble selling these shows out. 5700 tickets? Will be gone in an instant, along with news about Taylor, Wyman or any other who'll draw people + last week marketing etc.
DP those numbers are ONLY for one site stubhub,there are other sites with plenty of tickets available,including Tickemaster,except they don't tell you how many they have left..

Date: December 5, 2012 16:03

ROPENI
DandelionPowderman
ROPENI

Barclays Center
1,211 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,492 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,008 tickets left

DP those numbers are ONLY for one site stubhub,there are other sites with plenty of tickets available,including Tickemaster,except they don't tell you how many they have left..

OK, thanks. And you've checked those sites, and found out that Brooklyn had the most tickets left? I get it smiling smiley

Date: December 5, 2012 16:06

ROPENI
DandelionPowderman
ROPENI

Barclays Center
1,211 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,492 tickets left
Prudential Center
2,008 tickets left

True to a point. Many broker websites carry the same tickets... sellers put their seats on multiple sites for optimal exposure. I think as someone else suggested, it will be a buyer's market. There is discretionary money in NY/NJ right now, but many potential uyers are still reeling from the Hurricane. If you can wait it out, I think bargains will pop up more and more.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 16:25

Stubhub is a place where people who have already purchased tix can resell them. All the tix on stubhub are sold. All the tix on ticketmaster are still coming directly from the stones and unsold

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 5, 2012 16:51

Let me tell you, though. I have been watching those numbers, and tickets have been to sell quite briskly. The tickets for the 15th are very high priced. Good luck to all.

Date: December 5, 2012 16:53

How come they are not sold out in just hours like other Stones shows have...?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 5, 2012 16:55

even if it were a $215 ticket, you have to drive and spend over 40 in tolls and 100 in gas to get there from dc then you have to do a hotel and for some ofus nowadays, 355 plus 150 hotel 500 may as well be a million due to lower salary and millions of other pressing expenditures that have been put off due to lower income as of late. now in 2002 - 2006 that would be nothing to me because I was making so much more money then. I don't think many people realize what has really happened to most people in this country in the last 5 years. plus its right before Christmas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 16:56 by tumbled.

Date: December 5, 2012 16:56

tumbled
even if it were a $215 ticket, you have to drive and spend over 40 in tolls and 100 in gas to get there from dc then you have to do a hotel and for some ofus nowadays, 355 plus 150 hotel 500 may as well be a million due to lower salary and millions of other pressing expenditures that have been put off due to lower income as of late. now in 2002 - 2006 that would be nothing to me because I was making so much more money then. I don't think many people realize what has really happened to most people in this country in the last 5 years. plus its right before Christmas

thumbs up

Date: December 5, 2012 16:58

Very true

Date: December 5, 2012 17:06

tumbled
smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 5, 2012 17:13

drbryant
Let me tell you, though. I have been watching those numbers, and tickets have been to sell quite briskly. The tickets for the 15th are very high priced. Good luck to all.

This is the largest city in the US...there was a time when the Stones sold out in minutes.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 5, 2012 17:41

keep checking TM...last friday i got a decent seat, mid court upstairs, thru them for $150 (plus fees). they also released a bunch of $250 seats at that time. As the show approaches i thik they wil lissue more...maybe their "partners" wil return those they cant sell on stubhub.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2012 18:01

I don't know the scalping regulations around Barclays in Brooklyn or the Newark Arena, but it sounds like a brave sort could just show up and find a decent ticket at a decent price. (Remember to take a map of the arena seating, and check the ticket to make sure it's real). If you got there early enough there might even be tickets at the box office. There is always a roll of the dice with such adventures, but the reward could be great. If you are a guy taking a gal, she would have to be the brave, good sport type, open to high risk, high reward, maybe disappointment.

Date: December 5, 2012 18:33

24FPS
I don't know the scalping regulations around Barclays in Brooklyn or the Newark Arena, but it sounds like a brave sort could just show up and find a decent ticket at a decent price. (Remember to take a map of the arena seating, and check the ticket to make sure it's real). If you got there early enough there might even be tickets at the box office. There is always a roll of the dice with such adventures, but the reward could be great. If you are a guy taking a gal, she would have to be the brave, good sport type, open to high risk, high reward, maybe disappointment.

be careful buying off of scalpers around the venue. I have known many who have been bured at NY area venues with bogus tickets.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2012 18:44

steverogan
24FPS

be careful buying off of scalpers around the venue. I have known many who have been burned at NY area venues with bogus tickets.

Okay, with the ticket prices so high, there would be more incentive for scalpers to sell counterfeits. On the other hand, prices from scalpers could drop precipitously near show time. My experience has been that some of them are sent there from ticket chop shops, where they've already made their money back from high paying suckers, and they just need to get as much back off their tix as they can. Remember, once the show starts those tickets are worthless. And again, this is for the informed, bold ticket buyer. It's not for the faint of heart.

Date: December 5, 2012 23:57

24FPS
steverogan
24FPS

be careful buying off of scalpers around the venue. I have known many who have been burned at NY area venues with bogus tickets.

Okay, with the ticket prices so high, there would be more incentive for scalpers to sell counterfeits. On the other hand, prices from scalpers could drop precipitously near show time. My experience has been that some of them are sent there from ticket chop shops, where they've already made their money back from high paying suckers, and they just need to get as much back off their tix as they can. Remember, once the show starts those tickets are worthless. And again, this is for the informed, bold ticket buyer. It's not for the faint of heart.
I believe that at least in Brooklyn the box office will have tickets for sale the day of the show,but probably at face value,but if you have the nerves to wait till showtime,you would to get some really good deals outside the venue..Best of Luck..

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:11

The prices are just plain prohibitive. I really don't get how anyone here is able to justify that cost. Most of the media seems to be panning this... "oh its another Stones concert... bigger, better, more expensive..." This time is drastically different.

They could play a few blocks from me but I can't swing $1600, $1400 or $1200 for TWO TICKETS TO A CONCERT.

My favorite band obviously doesn't want me in their audience. Mick thanks the wealthy fans who can fork out $1600 + travel/lodging/food for supporting them, while loyal fans who have purchased everything they have put out (music, video, merch) get sidelined.

Date: December 6, 2012 00:29

flacnvinyl
The prices are just plain prohibitive. I really don't get how anyone here is able to justify that cost. Most of the media seems to be panning this... "oh its another Stones concert... bigger, better, more expensive..." This time is drastically different.

They could play a few blocks from me but I can't swing $1600, $1400 or $1200 for TWO TICKETS TO A CONCERT.

My favorite band obviously doesn't want me in their audience. Mick thanks the wealthy fans who can fork out $1600 + travel/lodging/food for supporting them, while loyal fans who have purchased everything they have put out (music, video, merch) get sidelined.
Completely agree with you on this one,the prices are outrageous,and the band don't give a shit,so l will also pass this time,they are not worth the kind of money they r asking,and l really wasn't very impressed with the London shows,l mean Mick Taylor for one song and Bill for two,what kind of celebration was that?
But to those that did pay those prices,hope you have a really good time,l will watch the videos here as the show goes on...

Date: December 6, 2012 00:41

Here is one guy in Graigslist lying to sell his tickets..to the SOLD OUT show>grinning smiley<

TWO (2) TICKETS AVAILABLE to the SOLD OUT Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary show at the brand-new Barclay's Center in Brooklyn! AWESOME SEATS--LOWEST SECTION smack in CENTER STAGE!!
Wanted to go so badly and bought the tickets and now have to travel for work!!

I have the tickets (the fun, paper kind, not e-tickets) IN-HAND and am happy to meet at your convenience to exchange.

Details--
Lower Bowl Section 16
Row 14
Price: $1,200/each or best offer

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:48

They deserve to play to nothing but 600 investment bankers. I would love to see their greed paid back with totally empty venues...The fact of the matter is that is never going to happen.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: December 6, 2012 01:26

tumbled

So Many Valid points in your Post!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 6, 2012 01:26

A few people have said it but it bears repeating . . . those are listings on Stub Hub, people who have extra tickets and brokers. A show can be SOLD OUT and there can still be thousands of tickets on Stub Hub. Those are all people looking to RESELL tickets.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 6, 2012 01:33

Rokyfan
A few people have said it but it bears repeating . . . those are listings on Stub Hub, people who have extra tickets and brokers. A show can be SOLD OUT and there can still be thousands of tickets on Stub Hub. Those are all people looking to RESELL tickets.

Yes, but a random Ticketmaster search, now, just a few days until the show, brings up this nice selection (note price, including "Convenience Charge"):

Section110 Row5 Seats1 - 2 DescriptionPrice Level 1
Mid Bowl Seating
Type Full Price TicketTicket PriceUS $831.90 x 2

TypeFull Price TicketTicket PriceUS $754.50 x 2Convenience ChargeUS $77.40 x 2

SUBTOTAL*US $1,663.80

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-06 01:34 by bleedingman.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home