Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
huh? really? cmon.....where are you?
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:00

Where are the whiners? lol....from everthing i have seen, they are ON...The Rolling Stones are F-ing ON......and I dont see any of these threads saying how terrible Keith was....how horrible Ronnie was.....Cmon guys...should I call u guys out by name? Anyway.....good for the Stones........they shut alot of people up.

And Gazza....good for you for giving them their due...I always respect what u say here and.... u did the right thing...and it was 1st hand and accurate.

Undercover1

Re: huh? really? cmon.....where are you?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:21

You seem almost disappointed...The Stones put on a great show. That seems to be the consensus, so there's very little to whine about.

Date: November 27, 2012 06:37

I seem almost disappointed? hmmm...ok

Date: November 27, 2012 06:40

Undercover1
I seem almost disappointed? hmmm...ok

...that there aren't more whiners, I mean.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:40

Undercover1
Cmon guys...should I call u guys out by name?

Anyway.....good for the Stones........they shut alot of people up.

Well, since you asked, I guess its okay for me to break my polite silence...

Despite Keith remaining upright, barely, for 2+ hours, I still think this current version of the Rolling Stones
is a nightmare that goes on and on and you can't wake up from. Complete devoid of passion and meaning, they
have become the most empty and culturally reactionary form of music entertainment on earth.

That Keith might be slightly more competent technically than he was 5 years ago, because he's drinking less
and practicing more, hardly compensates for the fact that he's a walking ghost emotionally and artistically,
going through the motions for a crowd that's going through the motions. It will be interesting to see if this
"rock and roll" delusion can be maintained for more than twenty minutes once there is no blige, beck, youth
choirs, drumming gorillas, taylor, or wyman to break the tedium.

The only slightly redeeming feature of these shows are the high priced tickets, which will keep this laughable
version of the Stones from gaining very much traction, and keep their run mercifully short (I pray to God).

Date: November 27, 2012 06:43

Ha!!! That-a-boy revvy!!! good work young man!!!

Date: November 27, 2012 06:43

Gotcha Tele! misunderstood that.... sorry

Date: November 27, 2012 06:50

superrevvy
Undercover1

Despite Keith remaining upright, barely, for 2+ hours, I still think this current version of the Rolling Stones
is a nightmare that goes on and on and you can't wake up from. Complete devoid of passion and meaning, they
have become the most empty and culturally reactionary form of music entertainment on earth.

That Keith might be slightly more competent technically than he was 5 years ago, because he's drinking less
and practicing more, hardly compensates for the fact that he's a walking ghost emotionally and artistically,
going through the motions for a crowd that's going through the motions. It will be interesting to see if this
"rock and roll" delusion can be maintained for more than twenty minutes once there is no blige, beck, youth

The only slightly redeeming feature of these shows are the high priced tickets, which will keep this laughable
version of the Stones from gaining very much traction, and keep their run mercifully short (I pray to God).

A little harsh perhaps?

Posted by: howled ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:10

superrevvy
Undercover1

If Keith stopped playing in 1970 he would still be a Rock legend.

Keith has done more with Rock than anyone on this board has or will do.

Keith is not the most technical player and never has been but Keith has feel.

A few months ago all I saw was how bad Keith was based on informal jams with Elvis Costello and a Blues thing.

These people were writing Keith off and it doesn't matter if Keith is a write off because like I said before if he stopped playing in 1970 he would still be a Rock Legend.

At the time of these Keith writeoffs, Keith was recording Doom and Gloom and what were the writer offs doing?

Just sitting in front of their computers posting pretty nasty things on things that don't concern them.

I'd like to see them play anything with Keith's type of arthritis.

If they had Keith's arthritis they probably wouldn't even be typing BS on boards because it would hurt their fingers too much.

Keith and Mick are really the Stones and all the rest are bit players.

The BS that gets posted here about Keith or Mick or whoever is from people who wouldn't know anything about what the Stones current plans are at any given time.

If the Stones stopped in 1970 they would still be mentioned as one of Rocks great bands.

Even if Keith just stood there and farted for 3 hours on stage it would not change what he has done.

Keef is a Rock Legend and that's that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 07:17 by howled.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:48

No, the whiners are attacking Taylor in another thread.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:56

We all found something new to complain about.. the offensive ticket prices. Young business owners with families and priorities can't afford it this time around. So yeah, our favorite band wants to sing lyrics about 'bowing to the rich but your worried bout the poor." Jagger has become a parody of those lyrics. The greed has simply gone to far this time.

Whiney enough for you.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:25

Young business owners, really ?.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:40

Undercover1
...they are ON...The Rolling Stones are F-ing ON......and I dont see any of these threads saying how terrible Keith was....how horrible Ronnie was.....Cmon guys...should I call u guys out by name? Anyway.....good for the Stones........they shut alot of people up.
Undercover1

You should add "On"for a band where the youngest is not far from 70 and I will agreed.
Sometime it's good to stop before becoming a parody, but I guess it's hard to admit when most of you have cashed 450 € at least for a ticket.Cool for you if you're still believe in them.
If I have spent 450 € for a show, I don't think I will tell the whole world that it was just so-so...

HMN

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:11

The bars closed before 10pm which is stupid, unless it's a licencing condition or something.

Date: November 27, 2012 12:24

There's no way they can keep up the pace for a World Tour. Maybe 10 cities, 20 shows max.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:35

Yeah can't see a massive tour at this point for sure...but it's probably just as well, the 2005/2007 treck was pretty ridiculous when you think of it. These guys need time off between shows and if they get it they'll just keep going, Macca style.

@TomGreen - which bars closed at 10 ?

About the price, well, it's only money, I hope no one here will ever be down to their last £406 because they would probably have other things to worry about anyway...now there were people who maxed out their cards to be there, so yes that's a concern...but their call.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:40

Honestman
Undercover1
...they are ON...The Rolling Stones are F-ing ON......and I dont see any of these threads saying how terrible Keith was....how horrible Ronnie was.....Cmon guys...should I call u guys out by name? Anyway.....good for the Stones........they shut alot of people up.
Undercover1

You should add "On"for a band where the youngest is not far from 70 and I will agreed.
Sometime it's good to stop before becoming a parody, but I guess it's hard to admit when most of you have cashed 450 € at least for a ticket.Cool for you if you're still believe in them.
If I have spent 450 € for a show, I don't think I will tell the whole world that it was just so-so...
Excellent points Honestman..Thank You..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:05

howled
superrevvy
Undercover1

If Keith stopped playing in 1970 he would still be a Rock legend.

Keith has done more with Rock than anyone on this board has or will do.

Keith is not the most technical player and never has been but Keith has feel.

A few months ago all I saw was how bad Keith was based on informal jams with Elvis Costello and a Blues thing.

These people were writing Keith off and it doesn't matter if Keith is a write off because like I said before if he stopped playing in 1970 he would still be a Rock Legend.

At the time of these Keith writeoffs, Keith was recording Doom and Gloom and what were the writer offs doing?

Just sitting in front of their computers posting pretty nasty things on things that don't concern them.

I'd like to see them play anything with Keith's type of arthritis.

If they had Keith's arthritis they probably wouldn't even be typing BS on boards because it would hurt their fingers too much.

Keith and Mick are really the Stones and all the rest are bit players.

The BS that gets posted here about Keith or Mick or whoever is from people who wouldn't know anything about what the Stones current plans are at any given time.

If the Stones stopped in 1970 they would still be mentioned as one of Rocks great bands.

Even if Keith just stood there and farted for 3 hours on stage it would not change what he has done.

Keef is a Rock Legend and that's that.

I don't think it's a fair argument to compare keiths playing with that of people who post on this forum.

The people on this forum do not make millions of pounds for playing the guitar like Keith does. Because Keith has made and continues to make such a good living out of playing the guitar it is only right that we expect higher standards from him than we would from an average joe in the street who, if they play at all, only do so as a hobby in their spare time.

Also, you say about Keith would be still be a legend even if he had packed in in 1970. True, but it is no longer 1970 and what matters if you are going to a concert is what is he and the rest of the band are like now.

Elvis would have been a legend even if he had packed in in 1958 but, for me personally, I wouldn't have liked to see him towards the end as, eventhough his voice was still good, I thought it was sad to see him as his health declined.

Don't get me wrong - I am more than happy with what the Stones are doing but I think we should recognise the right of others to criticise if they so wish.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:08

Best era 1989 to now!!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:23

My only source of complaint would be Mick's hat. He looks like he is channeling Frank Sinatra circa 1960.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:38

Bliss
My only source of complaint would be Mick's hat. He looks like he is channeling Frank Sinatra circa 1960.
Or he is trying to stay up to date as "Hipster",a combination of Bruno Mars and Justin B.confused smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:47

I think Mick Taylor moved and pranced more in Midnight Rambler than what he did on the whole 1972 tour !! Great to see.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:14

superrevvy
Undercover1

Amen. And this was Mick using Bill and Taylor, the point would be to play with them not throw in a nervous Taylor to the lions. Geez. Talk about missed oppurtunity.

Date: November 27, 2012 14:34

The show was beyond-belief-fantastic - amen!

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:23

Is it wrong that my favorite part of the show this last weekend was the 30 seconds or so when keith was playing in the wrong key on Gimme Shelter? I mean, i already have access to all the stones recordings from many years past that i regularly listen to, and other than to observe the stones' physical condition and performance quality, i have no vested interest in what they do on this tour, and frankly i only watch the youtubes of their 2012 performances a couple times at most. I want them to continue touring into their 80's if possible. I don't think less of their body of work if keith plays the wrong chords or father time has diminished mick's excessive prancing and running. Considering all the great music they've done through the years, in my view they aren't really capable of becoming a laughing stock. I want to see the 2017/2018 tour youtube clips too. It's all entertainment in one form or another to me.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:38

To tell the truth I was one of many that weren't convinced they would put up show with the strength and quality that they did!
I'm happy that they did though. Hopefully these 5 shows will urge them to go on tour and give it "ONE MORE SHOT" to the big audiences once more!

I congratulate everyone that got a tic for these shows and most of all I congratulate the Rolling Stones for zipping the mouths of many critics (including me).
Wonderful that you still deliver after 50 years and I'm counting the days till the announcement of a world tour.

THANK YOU THE ROLLING STONES FOR PROVING ME WRONG! I'm blessed!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: howled ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:02

No one can play in the wrong key as well as Keith spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:10

howled
No one can play in the wrong key as well as Keith spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Quote of the year!

Date: November 27, 2012 16:15

Kirk
howled

Quote of the year!

Both the truth and a fable...

If he played correctly in every key, it would be a little boring.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:39

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-03 01:12 by ZantiMisfit.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home