Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I WON THE GRRR! CONTEST
Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:01

With upmost respect for the many fans here who's comments, insights and ideas I've been enjoying on this board on a daily basis for many years now
and acknowledging the fact that many may deserve a gift like this more than me - I am so very happy to announce that I was selected as the winner of the GRRR! photo contest.
Despite my daily visits, I'm not a avid poster here. Most recently, I think I may have shared my band's latest video for your opinions:

or

[www.dailymotion.com]

but that rich complicated roller-coaster ying/yang experience that is the Rolling Stones has influenced my life in so many ways it's difficult to put into words and thus have commented here only rarely.

My dear mother who had dreams of me becoming a lawyer puts it best when she happens to see Mick on TV for example, "There, it's him! It's all his fault", pointing at the screen with disgust. Yes much like Steven Tyler and a host of other musicians influenced by the Stones' magic, early in my college years I was so moved that I decided to drop everything and be "The Rolling Stones" (whatever that means). I'll offer an excerpt from The Kinks' "The Road" which may put it better: "I saw a band called the Rolling Stones , I thought, "that's it, I'll get a band, I'm leaving home, I'm out on the road."
Of course, I never enjoyed the success any of the aforementioned artists did, but I've no regrets.

Things are really difficult here in Greece these days (especially in the entertainment industry) and although I've spent thousands to see them around the globe at least once or twice on every outing in the past, seeing the boys this time around was outright impossible! At my state, I couldn't even fund the airfare. My win was a gift in every sense, hence my excitement, hence my taking the liberty to tell you all a bit about myself regardless of whether anyone is interested ;-)

Not sure how to post the winning photo here, you can see it on their Facebook page.
Hope you like it. Hope you're happy for me.
God, I hope there's a Meet & Greet!!

I'll post my experiences surrounding my Thursday 29/11 show for whoever is interested.
-Antonis Dominos

Re: I WON THE GRRR! CONTEST
Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:05

Congrats, Antonis! Great story! So glad you get to go for FREE!!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:08

Congratulations!
I saw your submittet pic, you deserved to win!
Hope you will give us a report when you are back!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 07:55 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:11

Great story ! Enjoy the shows !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:12

wow...you must be pumped...congratulations!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:16

bustabuttom..yea I like it..cool jacket thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:16

Very cool. Have a great time,and I would like to hear about it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:21

bustabutton
With upmost respect for the many fans here who's comments, insights and ideas I've been enjoying on this board on a daily basis for many years now
and acknowledging the fact that many may deserve a gift like this more than me - I am so very happy to announce that I was selected as the winner of the GRRR! photo contest.
Despite my daily visits, I'm not a avid poster here. Most recently, I think I may have shared my band's latest video for your opinions:

or

[www.dailymotion.com]

but that rich complicated roller-coaster ying/yang experience that is the Rolling Stones has influenced my life in so many ways it's difficult to put into words and thus have commented here only rarely.

My dear mother who had dreams of me becoming a lawyer puts it best when she happens to see Mick on TV for example, "There, it's him! It's all his fault", pointing at the screen with disgust. Yes much like Steven Tyler and a host of other musicians influenced by the Stones' magic, early in my college years I was so moved that I decided to drop everything and be "The Rolling Stones" (whatever that means). I'll offer an excerpt from The Kinks' "The Road" which may put it better: "I saw a band called the Rolling Stones , I thought, "that's it, I'll get a band, I'm leaving home, I'm out on the road."
Of course, I never enjoyed the success any of the aforementioned artists did, but I've no regrets.

Things are really difficult here in Greece these days (especially in the entertainment industry) and although I've spent thousands to see them around the globe at least once or twice on every outing in the past, seeing the boys this time around was outright impossible! At my state, I couldn't even fund the airfare. My win was a gift in every sense, hence my excitement, hence my taking the liberty to tell you all a bit about myself regardless of whether anyone is interested ;-)

Not sure how to post the winning photo here, you can see it on their Facebook page.
Hope you like it. Hope you're happy for me.
God, I hope there's a Meet & Greet!!

I'll post my experiences surrounding my Thursday 29/11 show for whoever is interested.
-Antonis Dominos

That is awesome Antonis, congratulations.... have fun at the shows thumbs up

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:38

woohoo!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 24, 2012 08:01

THAT, is a great story.

Glad they got it right!

Have a blast!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:27 by chelskeith.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 24, 2012 10:36

CONGRATULATIONS.
And here is the winning picture.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 24, 2012 10:41

Well done bustabutton (hope they don't fall down!), looking forward to reading your review of the whole experience.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: November 24, 2012 10:59

Congratulations, what a nice story.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:04

Congratulations! Enjoy the show!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:08

Glad for you, wish it was me ....

Date: November 24, 2012 12:10

Fantastic pic! Well done!thumbs up

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:58

All the best, bustabuuton.smileys with beer

Have a great time and please tell us all about it.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: November 24, 2012 14:15

Congrats bustabutton! Enjoy the show!!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 24, 2012 14:21

Congratulations Antonis!!!That is really cool. Good video and good music. I hope your winning the contest will help your band getting known and appreciated more than it already is.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 24, 2012 14:27

Happy for you! Congratulations! Enjoy it!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 24, 2012 14:57

Great story, awesome picture - congratulations!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:08

Lovely story. Congratulations.

With things being so tough where you are at the minute, its very fitting that you won. I hope you have the time of your life.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:17

Congratulations Antonis. Welcome to London enjoy the show. I'm going tomorrow 25/11 but if I can get a ticket for 29/11 may hopefully be able to have a drink in the Pilot Inn with you. There will be plenty on here drinking in there that's for sure.

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:00

Thanks all for the kind words and wishes.
The Pilot Inn? Is that the place to be before the show? I'll look it up, I'd love to meet as many characters from here as possible. (How do you guys recognize each other??)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:05

Congratulations. Cute picture.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:18

Cool..Congrats....enjoy the gig...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:20

That's a great story and a perfect result. Very happy for you.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:52

Congratulations!!! have fun. glad an iorr person won.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:08

Congrats and nice tune. What did you win? VIP tickets? peace

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:12

FANTASTIC

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home