Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
stones brooklyn tickets selling poorly
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:56

heard this on my local classic rock station Q 104.3 today

Re: stones brooklyn tickets selling poorly
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:02

That is great news.Hopefully they will play to a half empty house..Greedy SOB'S..drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:03

>grinning smiley<
ROPENI
That is great news.Hopefully they will play to a half empty house..Greedy SOB'S..drinking smiley

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:17

All the low priced seats are gone. You can still get the 750.00 without a problem.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:35

Selling at a "lackluster pace" according to the ever-reliable (cough) NY Post in this "article." Actually, it's more of a headline without any details. But, a ticket can be had easily if you pony up the $$$...

Tickets for the band’s Dec. 8 Barclays Center show were selling at a lackluster pace.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:13

I'm so glad that the $800 tickets aren't selling. They deserve to play to empty an empty arena...Greedy bastards!

Make those tickets reasonable and they would see out in seconds.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:13

They wouldn't sell so poorly if they were priced so that poor people could afford them. Entertainers want to attract an audience, not alienate them, don't they?... oh, nevermind, what's the point....

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:50

A dumbass tour promoter and his money are soon parted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 06:50 by Send It To me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:01

It would nice to have them have their asses handed in a sling for the obscene prices for sure.

Having said that, it would be ashamed if it somehow impacted on whether they'd actually tour in 2013. I'd have to think they understand what the actual issue is.

At least the scalpers on this side of the pond will take an absolute bath. They'll actually be HELPING with high prices! Kind of like a scalpers subsidy!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:31

It is not surprising that tickets are not sold out, since there is such a huge amount of great concerts in London and New York!

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:45

So the scalper's aren't getting any either.
And a few days before the show the TM prices start to go down.

It's one big ticket-selling experiment.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:02

Yes, this is all so distasteful, and I am glad to hear the tickets are selling poorly, and I hope the scalpers get totally shafted.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:27

A quick check of ticketmaster shows $831 tickets available, crazy!

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:29

Unfortunately it probably will effect whether there will be a full scale tour next year. I can't imagine they will continue if this one doesn't sell. Because of the ticket prices or not.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:34

There is no chance of a megatour like they used to do anyway, they'll trot out the Macca strategy most likely, 10/15 shows per year and no big gaps.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 14:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:35

So, basically we're to blame if the poor dears decide not to tour?

Strange logic.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:35

custom55
All the low priced seats are gone. You can still get the 750.00 without a problem.

Yep. Both of them.

Posted by: BingotheCabbie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:41

This is great news....my last row seat might not turn out that way. :-)

Date: November 21, 2012 19:01

treaclefingers
It would nice to have them have their asses handed in a sling for the obscene prices for sure.

Having said that, it would be ashamed if it somehow impacted on whether they'd actually tour in 2013. I'd have to think they understand what the actual issue is.

At least the scalpers on this side of the pond will take an absolute bath. They'll actually be HELPING with high prices! Kind of like a scalpers subsidy!

There is only one way this ticket issue ever gets resolved: They do a tour of free concerts.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:04

Are the poor sales the reason why they have announced a third show......

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:52

After the hurricane and with all the holidays coming up, I imagine people are just starting to get their values and priorities in line.

I don't doubt the tickets will sell but the promoters are likely getting a bit nervous after they assumed it would be a breeze at the highly inflated prices. I can just hear the bragging they have already done on how much money they would be making. I also don't doubt that their hands are dirty with the secondary ticket market slime.

As we all learned in ECON 101 the end price will fall to the exact level determined by the supply and demand. I'm fairly sure the demand still exceeds the supply so hopefully folks will get to see them for reasonable prices, which are 1/2 of face value , imho. peace

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:05

rocker1
Selling at a "lackluster pace" according to the ever-reliable (cough) NY Post in this "article." Actually, it's more of a headline without any details. But, a ticket can be had easily if you pony up the $$$...

Tickets for the band’s Dec. 8 Barclays Center show were selling at a lackluster pace.

I have to say, first consert in more than 5 years and not sold out on Ticketmaster official ticket selling page!!!
Should give Mick & Co. something to think about.

I guess there will be no more shows - 5 this year and it's over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 21:15 by mtaylor.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:06

I wonder what the scalping options are outside Barclay's, whether one is trying to unload a ticket or buy? New York scalpers can be pretty ruthless and they are quite good at counterfeiting also.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:21

After days of trying just scored f4 on floor. I bit.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:29

waiting for prices to come down on Stubhub, which shows over 2,000 tickets available for EACH of the NY/NJ shows.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:40

Got mine through TM,been trying for decent seats since the presale.nothing but crap for $830.Better seats are starting to pop up.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:01

white people from the ny suburbs are afraid to go to brooklyn whereas nj residents are able to move in and out of bad neighborhoods with no problems

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:14

On previous tours this century I remember exchanging emails with a buddy in the vein of "Isn't it weird that you can just pull up a 12th row center Stones ticket on TM even though the show has been on sale for weeks/months?!?"

Previous tours with big prices (well....back then the highest price was something like in the $450 range) also had availability long after the onsale.
Sometimes it takes awhile to sell out at that price structure.

So maybe the Stones camp isn't too worried.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:17

Center show were selling at a lackluster pace.[/url][/quote]

I have to say, first consert in more than 5 years and not sold out on Ticketmaster official ticket selling page!!!
Should give Mick & Co. something to think about.

I guess there will be no more shows - 5 this year and it's over.[/quote]

Nonsense...The Stones are doing this to themeselves with their $800 ticket prices. Don't forget the $80 that Ticketmaster is going to add on to that for "convience" charge and you are looking at roughly $1,700 for a couple to see a two hour concert. By the time you park you car, buy a couple of beers and eat dinner you are easily looking at a $2,000 night.

I SAY SCREW THEM! Nothing says rock and roll better than an $800 ticket...PATHETIC!

They would sell that place out in seconds if the tickets were half way reasonable.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:28

On the money James.l was going to fly to New York and take my son and daughter to the shows,but with those prices it would cost me over $3.000.00,so no fu--ng way,this will be the first shows l miss since 69,but their greed is way too much...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home