Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Trailer with Jagger for tv series called 'Music Scene?
Posted by: Fullerblindboy69 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 05:23

When I was a kid I remember seeing several trailers on tv for a series called 'Music Scene' or something like that. It was Mick busting through this big piece of plate glass and him saying something like "Music Scene. I saw the traler a couple of times but the show never happened as far as I know, anyone?

Re: Trailer with Jagger for tv series called 'Music Scene?
Posted by: sunsetshades ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:10

Fullerblindboy69
When I was a kid I remember seeing several trailers on tv for a series called 'Music Scene' or something like that. It was Mick busting through this big piece of plate glass and him saying something like "Music Scene. I saw the traler a couple of times but the show never happened as far as I know, anyone?

i don't remember the promo, but i do remember that 'the music scene' aired circa 1969-70 and was unique in that it was not 30, not 60, but 45 minutes long, followed by another 45 minute show called 'the new people' (sort of a teenage version of lost) now if i could only remember where i put my keys

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:17

Date: November 23, 2012 06:19

Fullerblindboy69

Here's the trailer you're looking for. Just seek and You[Tube] shall find.

Date: November 23, 2012 07:05

Fullerblindboy69

Apparently, Mick just made promos for the show. There were only 17 episodes, the last of which aired in January 1970, and episode summaries show that The Stones didn't actually perform on the program, but that clip in the promo is pretty funny where all 5 Stones huddle to autograph that kid's face.

www.tv.com/shows/the-music-scene/episodes/

The Music Scene is also available on DVD from Amazon.

Did you recognize that hippy stoner looking dude in the Jagger promos? "Don Sturdy" was just an alias--that's actually Howard Hesseman, the future Dr. Johnny Fever of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Speaking of The Music Scene, and because you seem to be a fan of 1969-era music, here's a little blast from the past for you. On a couple of Music Scene episodes, one-hit wonders Smith [fronted by Gayle McCormick] appeared to sing their cover of Baby, It's You.

Joe Cocker also made an appearance on The Music Scene to sing The Beatles' Something as a spotlight on that week's number 1 album on Billboard.

Gayle McCormick and Joe Cocker--talk about Beauty and the Beast, huh?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 23, 2012 08:08

I have both of those DVDs and remember the show fondly. Mostly great live performances with a little cheesy pop thrown in and some lip synching. I have a variant of that cover with Smokey Robinson on it. Mine has the Beatles and Tom Jones on it. Apparently they were going to put out the 'Ballad of John & Yoko' promo film on the first DVD set, but someone stepped in forbid them from doing that.

I got the impression from the Stones promos that they were planning to do something on the show, like give them a promo film, but something got turned around. Plus the show was cancelled. Prior to Don Kirshner's Rock Concert in 1973 (Angie, etc), I don't remember seeing a Rolling Stones promo film on American television. Jumping Jack Flash was big in the States but I never saw that video. The Beatles promo films were on The Smothers Brothers, and maybe Ed Sullivan, but no Stones. Pretty strange when you think what a massive hit Sticky Fingers was that there was no promotion for it, at least here in the States, especially since it coincided with the debut of their own record label.

Posted by: Fullerblindboy69 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 08:21

You have blown my mind stonesnow. The only part of the trailer that my local ABC affiliate ever showed was the part of Mick crashing through the window and then saying " the music scene. And as far as I know they never aired the actaul program because I waited for it and nothing ever happened, always a mystery to me, now I know more.

And yes I remember Smith. I really like that song was on The Beatles first release here in the states.

I'm sure The Grease Band doesn't mind that the show had a short run. yikes.

Anyway, thanks man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home