Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith songs after Main Offender
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 17, 2012 12:06

I tried to imagine the third Winos album composed of 10/12 songs that Keef recorded for the Stones after 'Main Offender'. This is the result ... what do you think?

1. Love is strong
I started that one. To me, it's intimately related to Wicked As It Seems, which I did last year. All of our songs are like... this one's the cousin of that one. They're all offshoots of themes and motifs. Keith Richards, 1994

2. Sparks will fly
Hybrids, ones (that Mick and I wrote) together (include): Love Is Strong, Got Me Rocking, and Sparks Will Fly... Sparks Will Fly was actually eyeball-to-eyeball with Charlie Watts more than anybody to start with, because we would not let anybody else play on it until we'd honed down that rhythm track thing dead right. You know, it was like, three's a crowd (laughs) for a minute, until we'd worked it out. And then we let everybody else in.- K.R, June 1994

3. Hurricane

4. You got me rocking

5. Flip the switch
I wrote Flip the Switch, and (Mick) had a lot of input on that.
Keith Richards, September 1997

6. Lowdown
(When we wrote it), I started playing drums in the studio and Keith playing guitar... It was only Keith and me. So I am playing the drums and he is playing guitar. It was quite fun. - Mick Jagger, 1997
Low Down is the first song that Mick and I wrote specifically for Bridges To Babylon. - Keith Richards, 1998

7. Too tight
I wrote Flip the Switch, and (Mick) had a lot of input on that. Same with Lowdown and Too Tight. Keith Richards, September 1997

8. One more shot

9. You got it made

10. Randy Whore

11. Cocaine blues

12. How can i stop

Re: Keith songs after Main Offender
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 17, 2012 12:43

What a poor output.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:00

Rough justice, the worst, baby break it down, it won't take long...............there are a few more

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:09

Let's add the great outtakes of VL :
- Make it now
- It's Funny
- Another CR

Some half formed ideas:
- Randy Whore
- Got away with murder

Then there's all the B2B stuff that Karnbach mentioned in his book but that no one's heard.

After B2B it seems something happened to Keith, all dried up it seems, which is hard to understand...especially since he had a studio built into his basement, the low point was that Uncut interview frim 2004 where be said he thought that the Stones didn't need to put out any new stuff...you can see where he's coming from but on the other hand the two new tracks show that it's still worth it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 17, 2012 13:26

Cocaine blues is not a Keith song.

Why issnt This place is empty or Infamy on the list?

Date: November 17, 2012 14:55

@ DandelionPowderman & Keithnacho
Yes, i know. There were other songs, but i have chosen 10/12 for the hypothetical third Winos album

@ gotdablouse
Three Keef songs recorded during BTB sessions are called 'High or Low' (registered also with Sheryl Crow to be published on his solo album), "Don’t Apologize" and 'Young Love'.
1997, 13th March - July: Los Angeles, California, Ocean Way Recording Studios.
- High Or Low (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; unverified
- Don’t Apologize (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; unverified
- Young Love KR, Blondie Chaplin and Bernard Fowler on vocals, Waddy
Wachtel on guitar, Jim Keltner on percussion, Don Was on
bass; unverified

And then there is Smooth 180. In Chuck Leavell's book:"Between a Rock and a Home Place" he mentions a song Keith recorded during the Licks sessions called "Smooth 180." Chuck said it was a fun track and that he hopes it will be released one day.

Date: November 17, 2012 16:26

Thanks, hadn't heard about this one, based on what they put on the Four Flicks bonus, "Extreme Western Grip" and 'Well, Well, Well", I wasn't holding much hope for anything of interest to have been worked on, even though said they had the "best stuff in years"...

Looking at my website (1990s) I'm seeing a song called "I'm Cured" and I put Fraboni as the source so I suppose I must have read an interview at some point...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 16:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 17, 2012 18:51

TooTough
What a poor output.

Very sympathetic, but don't worry about the output like that.
It's gonna be fine.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:06

not too exciting, but that's just me - I don't think Main Offender was that great either... Their solos LP's leave a lot to be desired - they should stick together.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:53

No Thru and Thru???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 17, 2012 20:02

You Got Away WIth Murder that was a nice little demo from the VK sessions... thumbs up

Date: November 17, 2012 22:41

gotdablouse
Thanks, hadn't heard about this one, based on what they put on the Four Flicks bonus, "Extreme Western Grip" and 'Well, Well, Well", I wasn't holding much hope for anything of interest to have been worked on, even though said they had the "best stuff in years"...

Looking at my website (1990s) I'm seeing a song called "I'm Cured" and I put Fraboni as the source so I suppose I must have read an interview at some point...

Hi gotdablouse,
your website is very interesting! Now you can add 'Smooth 180' to the list!
These are other informations about 'High or Low':
2001 April: KR/SHERYL CROW. New York, unknown studio KR works on Sheryl Crows upcoming album incl. High Or Low (MJ/KR) -unverified

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:50

Lynd8
not too exciting, but that's just me - I don't think Main Offender was that great either... Their solos LP's leave a lot to be desired - they should stick together.

totally Disagree, love the solo stuff. best riffs that I'd heard from even the stones

Date: November 18, 2012 01:21

Yeah, Main Offender and Wandering Spirit are really good, 999 is really something!

KRiffhard
gotdablouse

Hi gotdablouse,
your website is very interesting! Now you can add 'Smooth 180' to the list!
These are other informations about 'High or Low':
2001 April: KR/SHERYL CROW. New York, unknown studio KR works on Sheryl Crows upcoming album incl. High Or Low (MJ/KR) -unverified

Thanks, will do, I really need to update it, it's been a long time. I hope that we get some new outtakes soon, the last time was a long timr ago, 2006 with the SW tapes that surfaced by accident, friend of the wife of a roadie, Chuch Maguee (sp ?) ?

--------------

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 18, 2012 01:43

cannot understand the reverance for 'Hurricane'...what on earth is it about that execretory pap that inspires people to continue adding it to lists?....I mean, i understand to each his own and no accounting for taste and all that but...'Hurricane?.....reallY??....oh well, i guess some folks like 'streets of love' too....

Date: November 18, 2012 01:56

lunar!!!
cannot understand the reverance for 'Hurricane'...what on earth is it about that execretory pap that inspires people to continue adding it to lists?....I mean, i understand to each his own and no accounting for taste and all that but...'Hurricane?.....reallY??....oh well, i guess some folks like 'streets of love' too....

Unique

Like you. That's the draw.

Watch out for the FNG and cover your six...the keystone is still waiting on ya.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:09

Thru & Thru would be there for sure. Infamy is a nice groove that would suit the Winos.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 18, 2012 03:01

I could never get "thru&thru." I like keith best in the early 80s fast tempo little r&r mode best. So the first time i heard thru&thru i just had a quizzical look on my face waiting for something upbeat to happen.confused smiley

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 18, 2012 03:28

She Saw Me Coming

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 18, 2012 04:36

Munichhilton
lunar!!!

Unique

HA!! the FNGs' are already arriving!!---the keystones....er..Mickeys too..are only a few weeks away!!! WHHOOOOO-HOOOO!!! THANX!

Date: November 18, 2012 14:43

lunar!!!

When you have to choose between songs like 'Infamy', 'Losing my touch', 'This place is empty' or 'Thief in the night' then you can understand...

Date: November 18, 2012 22:55

lunar!!!
Munichhilton
lunar!!!

Unique

HA!! the FNGs' are already arriving!!---the keystones....er..Mickeys too..are only a few weeks away!!! WHHOOOOO-HOOOO!!! THANX!

I had a Mickey's today in your honor.
To be honest I wish I hadn't. Malt liquor gets ya there quicker...wooo

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2012 00:24

So, how many tracks has Keith been the main contributor to since Main Offender?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 19, 2012 00:29

DandelionPowderman
Cocaine blues is not a Keith song.

Why issnt This place is empty or Infamy on the list?

And thru And Thru too?

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 19, 2012 05:49

Big Al

At best I'd say the following:

1. Rough Justice
2. It won't take long
3. She Saw Me Coming
4. This Place is Empty
5. Infamy
6. One More Shot
7. Hurricane
8. Too Tight
9. Losing My Touch
10. How Can I Stop
11. You Don't Have to Mean it
12. Flip the Switch
13. Low Down
14. Thief in the Night
15. You Got Me Rocking
16. Sparks Will Fly
17. The Moon is Up
18. Swethearts Together
19. The Worst
20. Baby Break it Down
21. Thru and Thru
22. Love is Strong

He also may have written some parts of some Songs as he has stated working on the chorus of Let Me Down Slow, Oh No Not You Again and Streets of Love. Some people think he may have contributed to the riff of Dangerous Beauty and the Chorus of Biggest Mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 05:54 by Slimharpo.

Date: November 19, 2012 09:49

Nice work on that list, I'm not sure about "It won't take long", or "She Saw Me Coming" though, it does make sense on listening but I don't remember reading any comments by either Mick or Keith saying he'd had any hand in writing them. What I do remember is Keith saying he'd "laid RJ on Mick" and "added some fairy dust to Let me Down Slow".

Looking at that list there's no denying that his input has gone down from album to album, 8 -> 6 -> 3

--------------

Date: November 19, 2012 16:03

Slimharpo
Big Al

At best I'd say the following:

1. Rough Justice
2. It won't take long
3. She Saw Me Coming
4. This Place is Empty
5. Infamy
6. One More Shot
7. Hurricane
8. Too Tight
9. Losing My Touch
10. How Can I Stop
11. You Don't Have to Mean it
12. Flip the Switch
13. Low Down
14. Thief in the Night
15. You Got Me Rocking
16. Sparks Will Fly
17. The Moon is Up
18. Swethearts Together
19. The Worst
20. Baby Break it Down
21. Thru and Thru
22. Love is Strong

He also may have written some parts of some Songs as he has stated working on the chorus of Let Me Down Slow, Oh No Not You Again and Streets of Love. Some people think he may have contributed to the riff of Dangerous Beauty and the Chorus of Biggest Mistake.

Sweethearts Together? I'm not so sure...

Date: November 19, 2012 16:45

Oh yes, listen to "Voodoo Stew" CD3 Track 2, Keith pretty much writing it on the spot.

--------------

Date: November 19, 2012 16:56

gotdablouse
Nice work on that list, I'm not sure about "It won't take long", or "She Saw Me Coming" though, it does make sense on listening but I don't remember reading any comments by either Mick or Keith saying he'd had any hand in writing them. What I do remember is Keith saying he'd "laid RJ on Mick" and "added some fairy dust to Let me Down Slow".

Looking at that list there's no denying that his input has gone down from album to album, 8 -> 6 -> 3

I saw a Keith-quote where he said he wrote it. Can't remember where, though.

Date: November 19, 2012 17:01

ok, let me know if you find it because I remember that the "Keith's input on ABB" debate raged back in 2005 and I don't remember anything apart the "laid RJ and TPIE on Mick" and the "Fairy Dust on LMDS", it would have made sense to claim SSMC too at the time, although maybe he wasn't very proud of it, which you can understand ;-)

--------------

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home