Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith songs after Main Offender
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:11

When I hear the opening chords to ONE MORE SHOT it sounds like a Winos song starting up. And then the Stones come in and it becomes a great song. Such a relief when the Stones start up. The Winos are a mediocre band and I really only ever listen to three of their songs. Keith was deluded in According to the Rolling Stones when he called the X-pensive Winos "probably one of the best rock`n'roll bands in the world." Yeah, right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 18:18 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:15

maybe he meant one of the best rocknroll bands and was just misquoted...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:17

If you can't understand the significance of the rock output the Winos bestowed, you probably LOVE She's The Boss right? Streets Of Love? Let's Work?

Yeah. All of 'em.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:27

Waddy Wachtel is a terrific player, with err...some personal issues, the others I'm not sure. Steve Jordan for instance remains a mystery, all these co-credits, for what? Editing Keith's ideas? Has he ever written any else (of interest) elsewhere?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 19, 2012 19:23

gotdablouse
Waddy Wachtel is a terrific player, with err...some personal issues, the others I'm not sure. Steve Jordan for instance remains a mystery, all these co-credits, for what? Editing Keith's ideas? Has he ever written any else (of interest) elsewhere?

He once wrote a pretty convincing grocery list. You can find it on a coupla bootlegs here and there...

Date: November 19, 2012 19:33

here's the truth about getting a co-credit with a glimmer: it means you actually wrote the song but in order to have it published, you relinquish half your credit to the glimmer.

Date: November 19, 2012 19:34

StonesTod
here's the truth about getting a co-credit with a glimmer: it means you actually wrote the song but in order to have it published, you relinquish half your credit to the glimmer.

Are you still bitter about getting muscled out of Start Me Up?

Let it go already

Date: November 19, 2012 19:58

Munichhilton
StonesTod

Let it go already

remember that part of the song where he says something about making that dead man do that thing that dead men aren't supposed to be able to do? yeah, that was me....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:13

Title5Take1
When I hear the opening chords to ONE MORE SHOT it sounds like a Winos song starting up. And then the Stones come in and it becomes a great song. Such a relief when the Stones start up. The Winos are a mediocre band and I really only ever listen to three of their songs. Keith was deluded in According to the Rolling Stones when he called the X-pensive Winos "probably one of the best rock`n'roll bands in the world." Yeah, right.

eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Date: November 19, 2012 20:14

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod

Let it go already

remember that part of the song where he says something about making that dead man do that thing that dead men aren't supposed to be able to do? yeah, that was me....

I was lucky enough to get a first pressing before the inevitable recall...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 20:20 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:41

KRiffhard
lunar!!!
cannot understand the reverance for 'Hurricane'...what on earth is it about that execretory pap that inspires people to continue adding it to lists?....I mean, i understand to each his own and no accounting for taste and all that but...'Hurricane?.....reallY??....oh well, i guess some folks like 'streets of love' too....

When you have to choose between songs like 'Infamy', 'Losing my touch', 'This place is empty' or 'Thief in the night' then you can understand...

AHA!..you mean choosing the least of all evils?..now i got it...somehow that makes sense..but it's still sad...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:42

OneHit
Thru & Thru would be there for sure. Infamy is a nice groove that would suit the Winos.

Funny, My fandom is Mick-centric, but I'll concede that Thru and Thru is the best song off of Voodoo Lounge. And Infamy is one of the ones on ABB that don't induce nausea for me.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:37

As I recall Keith claimed to have come up with the descending chorus on LMDS. He also has said that pieces of songs he had were fit in with pieces of songs Mick had. So we can speculate which songs those might be. I'm assuming that those songs on which Keith plays the pirmary riff on and Blondie is present indicate Keith is major instigator of the song. We may also include Under the Radar as a Keith song.

gotdablouse
ok, let me know if you find it because I remember that the "Keith's input on ABB" debate raged back in 2005 and I don't remember anything apart the "laid RJ and TPIE on Mick" and the "Fairy Dust on LMDS", it would have made sense to claim SSMC too at the time, although maybe he wasn't very proud of it, which you can understand ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 04:03 by Slimharpo.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home