Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Newest bootleg: Roundhay Park (Live, 1982)
Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 24, 2012 08:57

Great to have a show from 1982, Hampton was 1981, so far they havn´t released two concerts from the same tour. Is it Bad if we get soundbord from every leg of each tour? I don´t think so

Date: November 24, 2012 09:32

Does anyone remember what numbers Jagger played electric guitar on in '82?
Did he still use the SG in Europe? And his playing really never went beyond a 'filling out' function?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:12

He still used the SG in Europe and played on :

Whip
Imagination
Miss You
Waiting on a Friend -acoustic
Let It Bleed - acoustic

Have I missed any ?

sc uk

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:12

I am VERY pleased to listen to concerts from the Stones without having to hear it from 500m from the stage from a solitary mike from a random like me in the stadium, wise up people, this is the last time. Why not enjoy it, not destroy it

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:20

ok i've just finished listening to this....
what a f**ken waste..."archive" release ????
this sounds to me just like another 1981 US show...only faster and sloppier (if that is possible).
another lost opportunity for the Stones to release an "archive" release.
This one seems completely random however, i dont know why they threw this one in.

let's hope they actually release some "archive" shows...ala Brussels '73 & LA '75..This new show is once again another 1 listen only release. So disappointing....

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:15

It's grown on me some. Sure it's sloppy, but still a fun show. It's not all that Earth-shattering of a release given that they released Hampton, but I think it's different enough that it is not redundant, and I'll happily take it over something like Tokyo Dome.

I'm guessing the reason they threw this one in is because it was Stu's final show, so there is some historical significance.

If I really thought there would be no more archive releases (digital or physical) I might be a little upset, but I think they're saving some of these shows people have been wanting for a reason. The 50th Anniversary I don't think is ending with New Years 2013. As their career wasn't an overnight thing. 2013 will be the anniversary of their first single, 2014 for the first album, etc. I imagine in 2014 we'll see some 50th Anniversary releases of the first album, maybe the EP, etc. And hopefully more archives in download or physical form.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:18

@Eleanor Rigby - I actually feel completely the opposite. It is definitely a fast, on-fire 82 show. Ronnie plays great. Keith plays licks we haven't heard in 30 years. It is FAR more interesting than Hampton, and sounds better than Hampton too.

I was previously very bored with the 81/82 tour. Probably just listened to far too many shows as a fan. This show is a straight cocaine trip. The contrast is Hampton which is a speedball.. Ronnie/Keith start strong, then about halfway through Ronnie stars playing less and less.

They are both very consistent in this. FUN FUN FUN.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:57

I just realized they dropped BOTH Waiting on a Friend and Let it Bleed in '82. True of the whole tour or just Roundhay?
T@3

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:32

It's definitely more rawer sounding than Hampton archive but the more I listen, the more I'm liking the guitar heavy influence.

After all, it's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It)

SFTD

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:11

i'm happy with this release. such a great mix. one thing though, songs like BOB and imagination just aren't the same without Ernie.

Date: November 24, 2012 22:36

TeaAtThree
I just realized they dropped BOTH Waiting on a Friend and Let it Bleed in '82. True of the whole tour or just Roundhay?
T@3

They dropped LIB when they played Angie - not at every european show, though. WOAF, I think they dropped throughout the european tour.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:43

Beast of Burden and Hang Fire suck though. BoB is just really messy at the jam. Too much conflicting stuff. Hang Fire is completely ruined by those stupid stupid stupid horns. Hate that junk.

Other than those tracks, fantastic gig! Really do miss Let It Bleed though!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:51

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:29

DandelionPowderman
TeaAtThree
T@3

They dropped LIB when they played Angie - not at every european show, though. WOAF, I think they dropped throughout the european tour.

They dropped Let It Bleed and CHantilly Lace completely after Frankfurt June 30th. Angie was included one week later

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 01:22 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:55

Love it. It is incredibly fast. In some sense I agree, it is the last Rolling Stones show. Keith's opening is great. Let me go rocks. Bobby's tone is suspect to say the least. Love the way they look too.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 25, 2012 09:22

Eleanor Rigby
this sounds to me just like another 1981 US show...only faster and sloppier (if that is possible).

let's hope they actually release some "archive" shows...ala Brussels '73 & LA '75..This new show is once again another 1 listen only release. So disappointing....

First: what's with the repeated quotation marks around the word "archive"? It does not compute. The show is 30 years old, of course it's from the "archive"s, regardless of your opinion of its significance.

>another lost opportunity for the Stones to release an "archive" release.
This one seems completely random however, i dont know why they threw this one in.

Do you know who Ian Stewart is? He was a very significant contributor to the history of the Rolling Stones; this was his final performance w/the band. Grab a clue.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:51

Eleanor Rigby

You have to be a gutsy guy to call it sloppy... drinking smiley as it's a frantic rush from start to finish. If you want a sloppy 82 show try the very first shows of the tour ot the July 15 gig in Basel (yawn).

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:01

I would have preferred something else but the 1982 tour is overlooked and its nice to have an official release from it. Its a good show as well. I'm still hoping for a 1995 club

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:45

I didn't like the idea of a 1982 show at first, but it's actually pretty good. Only The Brussels Affair and LA Friday top it, in my opinion.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 25, 2012 18:02

DandelionPowderman
TeaAtThree
T@3

I agree -even though I find Gene Barge much better on this release than I remember from most 92 gigs, he is intrusive in the BoB jam. And there's just too much horns on Hang Fire, as there is on Going To A Go-Go, even though I like Bobby's solo.

Mathijs

Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 25, 2012 18:52

I agree -even though I find Gene Barge much better on this release than I remember from most 92 gigs, he is intrusive in the BoB jam. And there's just too much horns on Hang Fire, as there is on Going To A Go-Go, even though I like Bobby's solo.

Mathijs

With whom was Gene Barge playing in 92?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 2, 2012 12:38

The "atonal" sax parts played at the end of "Satisfaction" are absolutely wicked!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:50

Doxa said it perfectly, this really was the last time the Stones were a really energetic and pure rock band, it would be so great to get the whole concert as a blu-ray movie, I really hope they will release it, I do have the Hampton concert as a quality dvd but these conerts have a different feeling though the Hampton is also a very good concert.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:01

I agree totally, the energy and the speed is awesome, I really miss the speed and Keith's playing, why can't he play like this anymore, in Let me go Keith's playing is so great...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:08

rollingon
I agree totally, the energy and the speed is awesome, I really miss the speed and Keith's playing, why can't he play like this anymore, in Let me go Keith's playing is so great...

Because....it's 31 years later and the poor guy has arthritis.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:09

and...he and Ron are no longer coked up.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:05

I wish I had the money to buy this right now.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 1, 2013 05:09

Again? NOOO!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:04

After repeated listens today at maximum volume, I proclaim THIS IS THE BEST!

C

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: January 20, 2015 00:24

Probobly my favourite version ever of Angie. And Micks voice...fantastic. No longer the antisinging from the mid/late seventies but it's not "that clean". It's not the voice of Sir Mick.....the voice from 89 to recent tours.

Miss Waiting on a friend and Let it Bleed though

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home