Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Newest bootleg: Roundhay Park (Live, 1982)
Date: November 15, 2012 11:12

1. Leeds 10/10, Keith's guitar tone is unchallenged - fan-bloody-tastic!

2. LA Friday 9/10

3. Hampton 9/10

4. Brussels 8/10

5. Toronto 7/10

6. Tokyo 7/10

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:31

guess I´ll make up my mind again....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:50

1. LA Friday 10/10
2. Hampton 9/10
3. Leeds 9/10
4. Brussels 7/10
5. Toronto 5/10
6. Tokyo 2/10

Mathijs

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:29

Nice to get another one, but my all time favorite intro (UMT on Still Life) is really butchered here...no overdubs, eh ;-)

Other than that it is a maximum energy show, glorious guitars and Keith backing vocals ! It does remind of that comment in a backup/no backup musicians debate by someone who'd seen them in 1981 saying that a lot of the songs sounded the same, that there weren't differences between the songs and arrangements. Maybe the good balance is what they're shooting at with the "50 and Counting" shows, Bobby Keys, one backup singer and a "powerful" keyboard player/musical coordinator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 13:37 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:45

My list so far:

1. Brussels (10/10)
2. Hampton (8/10)
3. LA Friday (7/10)
4. Tokyo (4/10)
N/A. Toronto
N/A. Leeds '82

Date: November 15, 2012 13:49

gotdablouse
Nice to get another one, but my all time favorite intro (UMT on Still Life) is really butchered here...no overdubs, eh ;-)

Other than that it is a maximum energy show, glorious guitars and Keith backing vocals ! It does remind of that comment in a backup/no backup musicians debate by someone who'd seen them in 1981 saying that a lot of the songs sounded the same, that there weren't differences between the songs and arrangements. Maybe the good balance is what they're shooting at with the "50 and Counting" shows, Bobby Keys, one backup singer and a "powerful" keyboard player/musical coordinator.

Have we ever heard JJF being played like this??

Keith starts 2 minute jams after each verse, and eventually Mick just skips the third verse grinning smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:06

stewedandkeefed
They used to do shows in the afternoon because it didn't cost as much to produce. Limited light show. Just some white lights. First show I went to was Orchard Park NY (Rich Stadium) in 81 and Stones came on at four. The 1978 stadium shows were in the afternoon. In 1981 both Phillys and both Boulders were afternoon but San Diego was the first outdoor show at night. Obviously when they played domes, they had to have full light show so they were at night

It's not the cost of production that was the reason, as it is even more expensive to have two different light rights than one.

The one and only reason is explained by Bill Graham in his biography: permits. They couldn't get permits for many cities to do an evening show, something especially Jagger wanted. If you do an evening show you need to get permission from the mayor or town council, as extra police, transportation and whatever needs to be set-up. In the old days many cities didn't want to have 60.000 people wandering home late in the evening, afraid of riots and problems with crowd control.

Mathijs

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:31

My votes, so far:

Brussels: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9,5 - set list 8
LA: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9 - set list 8
Hampton: band performance 9 - lineup&arrangements 10 - set list 9
Leeds: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9,5 - set list 9,5
Tokyo: band performance n.a. (have heard only bits and pieces) - lineup&arrangements 5 - set list 7
Toronto: band performance 8,5 - lineup&arrangements 9 - set list 9

C

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:09

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse

Have we ever heard JJF being played like this??

Keith starts 2 minute jams after each verse, and eventually Mick just skips the third verse grinning smiley

Not there yet but "Miss You" was terrific, we NEED Bill to play that friggin' bass line at the O2!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:30

I'm one of few who didn't mind Mick's spider legs version of American Football dressing. But here I must admit he's gone over the top.
A red jacket with MICK in capitals on the back and a red headband to complete the ensemble!

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:59

I wasn't going to pick this one up since I though it would be a copy of Hampton 81 but after listening to that for 30 years it's refreshing to hear something new and it's just a killer show. I can retire Hampton for now and am enjoying Leeds 82 very much

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:08

Has any of this pro-shot ever circulated among collectors?>?

It's wonderful seeing a brand new pro-shot from the Archives, hope they release the full thing next year. The clips uploaded look wonderful!

All I had before from the '82 tour was the 45-50 minute Wembley DVD

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:09

liddas
My votes, so far:

Brussels: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9,5 - set list 8
LA: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9 - set list 8
Hampton: band performance 9 - lineup&arrangements 10 - set list 9
Leeds: band performance 9,5 - lineup&arrangements 9,5 - set list 9,5
Tokyo: band performance n.a. (have heard only bits and pieces) - lineup&arrangements 5 - set list 7
Toronto: band performance 8,5 - lineup&arrangements 9 - set list 9

C

thumbs up

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:50

Grrreat bootleg , great show , great tour , the best example of ancient form of weaving.Simply , rock`n`roll.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:53

benon again
ancient form of weaving.

there it IS! MAKE IT GO AWAY, PLEASE!!!!!!

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 19:03

This release was by far the most pleasant surprise in the whole series for me. Not saying that it is necessarily my overall favorite, but I'm finding lots of little things to notice and enjoy in this performance. Would've never guessed I'd be saying that about a 1982 show.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 15, 2012 19:28

Anyone else noticed the skip between each track on the Flac version?

Date: November 15, 2012 19:34

kowalski

i just skip those

Posted by: kait ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:19

am I wrong or did they cut lstnt at 3:32 ?
same on the video at 3:56

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:21

IrelandCalling4
Has any of this pro-shot ever circulated among collectors?>?

It's wonderful seeing a brand new pro-shot from the Archives, hope they release the full thing next year. The clips uploaded look wonderful!

All I had before from the '82 tour was the 45-50 minute Wembley DVD

Agreed - the footage and performance is excellent.

Date: November 15, 2012 20:37

I finally got the 1973 one and Hampton. Was going to get LA Friday but it isn't there anymore, it keeps going to the stupid CyberDefender page.

And the 1982 one isn't up. Is there any reason to bother with the Tokyo? I've got enough from that whole tour I think.

Oh - how do I get the albums from Google Music to my computer?

Date: November 15, 2012 20:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

ask the next 4-year-old you run into for help...that's the quickest way

Date: November 15, 2012 21:16

StonesTod
kowalski

i just skip those

Thanks so much for the helpful answer. thumbs up

Anyone else? It appears that at the end of each tracks one second or two seems to be missing. It's particularly noticeable when Mick does some kind of speech to announce the next song and the music starts all of a sudden...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 21:20 by kowalski.

Date: November 15, 2012 21:24

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Maybe you can find out on Google play help pages
How to download music : [support.google.com]

Listen to music offline : [support.google.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 15, 2012 21:35

kowalski

Anyone else? It appears that at the end of each tracks one second or two seems to be missing. It's particularly noticeable when Mick does some kind of speech to announce the next song and the music starts all of a sudden...

My officially unofficially obtained FLAC has no gaps.
My officially obtained and deleted MP3 version does...or did.

Date: November 15, 2012 21:42

Munichhilton
kowalski

gaps are good. they give you that moment to sorta catch your breath in between songs. it figures, then, that you have to pay for them...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 15, 2012 21:46

kowalski
StonesTod
kowalski

i just skip those

Thanks so much for the helpful answer. thumbs up

No such problem with mine.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 15, 2012 21:53

Gazza
peoplewitheyes
what time did the stones come on stage? i know English summer evenings are long, but why did they use to play in the light back in the day? it seems so strange not waiting til nightfall (or at least sunset).

also, those northern fans look pretty glum during most of the clips!sad smiley

I was at the Slane Castle show the day before and the Stones came onstage at just after 6 pm and played until 8.15 pm. It probably didnt get dark in late July until around 10 o'clock.

For some reason that I've never seen explained it was normal practice at almost all of the US and European shows on this tour for the band to start their performance in mid to late afternoon.

I think the opening show in Philadelphia saw them onstage at something like 3 or 4 pm, maybe someone who was there can confirm.

Quite bizarre considering most shows had not one, but two opening acts. The Slane show I was at actually had three (The Chieftains, George Thorogood and J Geils Band)

The skinny behind the early start dates back to 78' when they had a series of incidents after dark, New Orleans had trouble as noted in many news items from the time. So they decided that people would be safer....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:18

LieB
My list so far:

1. Brussels (10/10)
2. Hampton (8/10)
3. LA Friday (7/10)
4. Tokyo (4/10)
N/A. Toronto
N/A. Leeds '82

Try to work on those last two and get back to us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 22:20 by ryanpow.

Date: November 15, 2012 22:25

Munichhilton
kowalski

Actually it's not gaps. It sounds like a half second has been edited out at the end of each track. The same issue was on the MP3 version of Toronto 2005. But the FLAC version of Toronto was ok.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home