Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
are the stones playing four shows,with no horns
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 05:08

just wondering if anyone new for sure.

Re: are the stones playing four shows,with no horns
Date: November 5, 2012 05:31

i hope its just them,chuck and bernard,loud,raw,mayhem.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 5, 2012 05:59

Why stop there? How about no backup guitarists, back-up singers, or lounge lizard keyboardists?

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: November 5, 2012 06:27

Well that would explain the low ticket prices.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 5, 2012 11:06

Bobby ssid he'd be there, that's all the horns they need.

Date: November 5, 2012 11:12

gotdablouse
Bobby ssid he'd be there, that's all the horns they need.

Cool! Last thing I heard was that he didn't know yet. Thanks.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 5, 2012 11:23

I'm trying to remember - of the songs that the band has played live with some frequency recently, which have prominent horn parts (as opposed to just a sax solo)?

Honky Tonk Women
Bitch
Rocks Off
Happy
All Down the Line

Any others?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 5, 2012 12:02

drbryant
I'm trying to remember - of the songs that the band has played live with some frequency recently, which have prominent horn parts (as opposed to just a sax solo)?

Honky Tonk Women
Bitch
Rocks Off
Happy
All Down the Line

Any others?

Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil (when played as an encore)
Heartbreaker
Before They Make Me Run
Tumbling Dice
...to name but a few

Date: November 5, 2012 13:20

As far as i know, no backing vocals except Bernard and no horns at the rehearsals last week. The rehearsals are supposed to end next friday, so...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 13:41

71Tele
Why stop there? How about no backup guitarists, back-up singers, or lounge lizard keyboardists?

They still try to prove themselves.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:17

I don't mind horns, but 2 is enough. I don't need half a dozen of the famous Vegas Monkies Brass band.

Mathijs

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:22

oh sure....blame the horns

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:25

My guess is the $tones are still horny.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:26

Makes me wonder what ever happened to Jim Price? I liked the 2 piece horn section with him and Bobby well enough, can't say I would like to see any more than that. Takes away from the guitars too much. peace

Date: November 5, 2012 14:29

Naturalust
. Takes away from the guitars too much.

from the what?

Date: November 5, 2012 14:31

Music for movie scores, tv and advertisements in the 90s. What did he do after that?

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:51

If they play Otis Redding "Dock of the bay" that means to me there will be a horn section on stage at this point of show.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 5, 2012 15:08

Chuck can do the horns on his Casio keyboard.

Date: November 5, 2012 15:11

Chuck can whistle on Sitting ON The Dock Of The Bay. I'm a little uncertain about Mick's whistling...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2012 15:19

Jumpinjackflash59
As far as i know, no backing vocals except Bernard and no horns at the rehearsals last week. The rehearsals are supposed to end next friday, so...

Yeah, in Paris. Its not as if theyre going to stop rehearsing next week for shows that are three weeks away.

Before the gigs were announced, the story I heard was that there would be some changes in personnel, namely that some of the backing musicians/singers wouldnt make the cut. Obviously we know that Bernard Fowler seems to be included and I'd imagine Bobby Keys will be too.

The thing is that at this stage they dont need the full band to be there. Theyre only playing 12-13 song shows at present to get the feel of playing together again and most of the backing musicians are only on a few songs anyway. As there are only four shows they dont need to have a lot of different songs rehearsed and ready to play. Additionally, its quite likely these shows will have guest musicians too (either ex-Stones or otyer performers - or maybe both). I'd expect a 'full' band on normal lines when they tour properly but it could be slightly stripped down for these shows in London and Newark.

Date: November 5, 2012 16:49

StonesTod
Naturalust

from the what?

Well basically the frequency range of a horn section is very similar to the guitar, just thought it would take something away from our being able to hear them. Don't get me wrong, I love a good saxaphone, have even thought that most electric guitars are just trying to be saxaphones, certainly in the early days of sustaining and bending string guitar solos.

Still wondering if anyone knows what happened to Jim Price? Is he still playing? peace

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:03

They've got to save money - the stage cost millions !eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:16

DandelionPowderman
Chuck can whistle on Sitting ON The Dock Of The Bay. I'm a little uncertain about Mick's whistling...

Nope, no real whistling...it'll be done on the keyboard.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:18

It could be nice to have a basic band ala 1978 SG tour

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:34

Naturalust
StonesTod
Naturalust

from the what?

Well basically the frequency range of a horn section is very similar to the guitar, just thought it would take something away from our being able to hear them. Don't get me wrong, I love a good saxaphone, have even thought that most electric guitars are just trying to be saxaphones, certainly in the early days of sustaining and bending string guitar solos.

Still wondering if anyone knows what happened to Jim Price? Is he still playing? peace

That's precisely what's wrong with Chuck's "piano" playing. He is right in the middle range. Stu and Nicky found a space for the piano, usually way up over the guitars.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 5, 2012 18:22

backstreetboy1
just wondering if anyone new for sure.

Maybe someone old knows smoking smiley

Date: November 5, 2012 18:34

71Tele
Naturalust
StonesTod
Naturalust

from the what?

That's precisely what's wrong with Chuck's "piano" playing. He is right in the middle range. Stu and Nicky found a space for the piano, usually way up over the guitars.

maybe keith and ron would kindly move up in range to get out of chuck's way? hmm?

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: November 5, 2012 18:43

GravityBoy
Chuck can do the horns on his Casio keyboard.

I LOLd

Date: November 5, 2012 20:28

71Tele
Naturalust
StonesTod
Naturalust

from the what?

Interesting, you may be right. I certainly know how hard it is to play guitar with a piano player. The range of that instrument is massive, hard not to stumble over it ocassionally.

Maybe the FOH engineer can mix Chuck's keys way down in the guitar ranges and flat or boosted on the top end for you. And just maybe Chuck will stick to the high fills and ocassional rhythm reinforcement this time out. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-05 20:30 by Naturalust.

Date: November 6, 2012 02:34

711 tele,you one of these cats that still believe there little martians playing guitars under the stage or some crap.did you think it wasnt just them at trabendo?i saw the stones the 5 feet away at roseland in 02,its them and just them,i know people that work on the stage crew,yes keith and ronnie are so damn good they sound like 5.believe it man!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-06 02:35 by backstreetboy1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home