Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sold Out ?
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: October 28, 2012 00:17

Just looked at a site in UK for Sunday Tickets they have 2,758 available.
From £340.00 To £15400.00 Unless these are sold the 02 Shows are going to look as if The Stones cant sell tickets
I can see the headlines
Greedy Stones shows have thousands of empty seats.
Not what I want to read.

Re: Sold Out ?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 28, 2012 00:22

Well you can't always get...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 00:23

just don't tell the media and we'll be good!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:26

Typically the seats which are empty are not worth sitting in for a concert anyway.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:29

>Greedy Stones shows have thousands of empty seats.Not what I want to read.

Why? Are you suggesting that its good that this kind of greed is encouraged, and that as a result the tickets will get even more expensive? Why is it so bad as a fan that tickets CAN be obtained?

The Stones DID sell the tickets.

They just sold them to people who aren't going to see them. Its the scalpers and brokers who cant sell them.

Viagogo alone have about 2,500 tickets still available for EACH of the four shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 01:32 by Gazza.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:46

I would like a message to be sent with empty seats, myself. Rooting for some empty chairs. Might help me get into some shows next year.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 02:48

Gazza
Viagogo alone have about 2,500 tickets still available for EACH of the four shows.

LOL, I just took a look at Viagogo, and selected the Thursday night.
It came up with page 1 of 27!!

Still playing the waiting game on this one....

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 28, 2012 02:46

Probably half of all the tickets were either purchased or given to scalpers for a huge profit for The Stones,but there are plenty of tickets around,just watch as the shows get closer how the prices will drop,those people are not fans,just out to make a buck,on show night you probably will be able to buy tickets at half face value...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 28, 2012 02:52

I think so too

The wider public will have largely been scared away by a) the already high face value prices b) the perception that the shows are sell outs and and c) the media reports of tickets selling for thousands of pounds (which theyre not - theyre being OFFERED for thousands of pounds..they clearly ARENT selling in great numbers)

There are simply too high a % of these tickets on the secondary or black market for many of the shysters selling them to make a killing on them. Especially as the face value prices are so high on them.

There arent THAT many people who are willing to pay over the odds for a £400 nosebleed. For a £400 floor ticket or in a block near the stage - maybe, but not for what are bad and sometimes very bad seats.

Date: October 28, 2012 02:57

l may show up at one of the Newark shows and negotiate outside on show night,and l am sure l could get a good seat at a reasonable price,but l will not pay what they are asking,and screw the Pay per View also..

Date: October 28, 2012 03:11

At this very moment StubHub has the following:
Dec 12 - 2,882 tickets left
Dec 15 - 2,815 tickets left
VividSeats also has hundreds of tickets,including this beaut Floor B ,Row 5
FOR ONLY $24,850.00,a bargain for sure..Gazza interested?
Plus, lots of other ticket places also have large amount of tickets for sale,so the Sold Out tag, is total Bullshit..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 13:50 by ROPENI.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 06:09

Brussels Affair tickets are still available in pairs on Ticketmaster

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:02

jamesfdouglas
Well you can't always get...

cheap tickets to a stones show?

Date: October 28, 2012 20:12

Plenty tickets are available for all four shows....

Date: October 28, 2012 20:30

Interesting to see in todays Sunday Times 'Culture' magazine Mick Jagger saying that he doesnt think the secondary market should be legal.

Pity they made NO attempt whatsoever to prevent it snapping up so many of these tickets.

Date: October 28, 2012 20:34

Gazza
Interesting to see in todays Sunday Times 'Culture' magazine Mick Jagger saying that he doesnt think the secondary market should be legal.

Pity they made NO attempt whatsoever to prevent it snapping up so many of these tickets.

Practicing to be a politician... he sounds like one talking/acting like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 20:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:46

Gazza

Gazza, can you please post here on the board these Sunday Times Stones interviews. I can't do it 'couse my account is not working

Date: October 28, 2012 20:48

Will be there many fans be tempting the fate and trying to buy a ticket few hours before the show...?

I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of a person who having paid several thousand pounds or dollars were sitting next to fan telling him that he has just paid a few hundred...

what a nightmare...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:51

Be patient. Check back a week before the shows.

Date: October 28, 2012 20:53

Day of show tickets is always the way to go unless everyone goes that way then it isnt.

Date: October 28, 2012 20:55

It is not really tempting fate, I dont tempt fate, it is more screwing the wanna be profiteers

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:00

Max'sKansasCity
It is not really tempting fate, I dont tempt fate, it is more screwing the wanna be profiteers

EXACTLY !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 28, 2012 21:06

paulywaul
Max'sKansasCity

EXACTLY !!

And when the box office opens up day of show, or day before the show, to sell off 300-400 tickets (like it sually does) then the bubble pops and all the profiteer's hopes and dreams are SHATTERED!

Date: October 28, 2012 21:24

Max'sKansasCity
thumbs up

Date: October 28, 2012 21:27

proudmary
Gazza

Gazza, can you please post here on the board these Sunday Times Stones interviews. I can't do it 'couse my account is not working

They're in the Culture magazine...not sure if theyre online, but I'll try and scan them if theyre not

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:34

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza

They're in the Culture magazine...not sure if theyre online, but I'll try and scan them if theyre not

Thank you in advance
Seems to me the're online

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home