Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Going, going - $100,000 for the Pit, anyone?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:53

$100,000 for a pit ticket at the Prudential?! These people are on planet Z-O-G.

Pit General Admission
Row PIT | Qty 1
FedEx
$100,000.00

[www.stubhub.com]

Re: Going, going - $100,000 for the Pit, anyone?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:55

Beast

Pit General Admission
Row PIT | Qty 1
FedEx
$100,000.00

[www.stubhub.com]

Hope all these bastards get stuck with their tickets. This whole, tawdry affair has truly been a great rock'n'roll swindle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 19:05 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:00

I dont think the pit is the way to go.... it looks like it is going to be over sold.... and thne all the extra who get favor... and add to that friends and family..... it looks like it is going to be... well... A PIT.

Does the word pit EVER havea good connotation

Arm pit, the pit of hell, pit and the pendulum, it puts the lotion on itself in the pit...

Date: October 25, 2012 19:06

Max'sKansasCity
I dont think the pit is the way to go.... it looks like it is going to be over sold.... and thne all the extra who get favor... and add to that friends and family..... it looks like it is going to be... well... A PIT.

Arm pit, the pit of hell, pit and the pendulum, it puts the lotion on itself in the pit...

Pitbull terrier biting hard on whoever's ass is selling the ticket.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:30

Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity

I think we should kidnap that scalper and introduce him to the Pit and the Pendulum:

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:31

Green Lady
Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity

I think we should kidnap that scalper and introduce him to the Pit and the Pendulum:

SECONDED!! I'll warm up the van...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:32

Only a TRUE FAN would pay $100,000 for a ticket!! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 25, 2012 19:33

Max'sKansasCity
Green Lady
Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity

Max - that's pretty funny. What kind of car d'you have - a Bundymobile?

Date: October 25, 2012 19:35

Max'sKansasCity
Green Lady
Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity

Did someone mention Van?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:20

OMG- two tickets in section A row 5 for $110,000. I can't believe this is not a complete JOKE. I just saw the Bridge concert from the 5th row for $150 per ticket. Is this really happening in 2012?

Either a new Ferrari or a couple of hours of songs I've heard a million times before, played worse than the last time I heard them? Hmmmm? peace

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:37

My bet is half of the pit (and a good percentage of the first 350 tickets that weren't sold for the show tonight) are given out to local models who have never even heard of the Rolling Stones. It's all about appearances for the video shoot. The Stones don't want the front of the stage crammed full of 50 year old dudes.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:37

Beast

Pit General Admission
Row PIT | Qty 1
FedEx
$100,000.00

[www.stubhub.com]

Far too cheap in my opinion. Ramp it up, that's what I suggest !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:44

Anyone could do this.

So, I'll post on ebay for a ticket going for $100,000. If someone is dumb enough to buy it, I'll find a pit ticket (no specific seat) and offer someone $10,000. buy it, and make $90,000.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:46

Naturalust
OMG- two tickets in section A row 5 for $110,000. I can't believe this is not a complete JOKE. I just saw the Bridge concert from the 5th row for $150 per ticket. Is this really happening in 2012?

Either a new Ferrari or a couple of hours of songs I've heard a million times before, played worse than the last time I heard them? Hmmmm? peace

Get these tickets, can always get a Ferrari after the concert is over!smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:48

I agree on the Pit. I think that it is very risky. Looking at the Super Bowl pit, the angles look terrible. I am not sure that you can actually see Charlie and the rear of the stage from the front of the pit. Of course, this could be done differently, but it seems a little risky. I wish that they would do the B-Stage instead, which gives us crafty veterans a chance to run up to the front of the stage as long as the seats are somewhere on the floor. Oh well. . . . .

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:15

You watch... for the PPV on Saturday, the pit will be full of young blonde women who will be given tickets by the promoters. They are not fans, only props.

They did the same for the filming of SHINE A LIGHT at the Beacon. I remember standing in the Beacon lobby that night overhearing these young girls talking, "Who are we seeing tonight?".

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 26, 2012 19:46

Hey I can be a prop! I've got a couple beautiful blond friends to bring with me. Where do I apply? peace

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 26, 2012 21:05

The person selling this is dumb enough to post this.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 26, 2012 22:48

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2012 22:56

The UK and Europe should take their cue from this guy.

$600,000 for Rolling Stones tickets? NJ lawmaker says enough, calls for tighter regulations

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
BY MICHAEL COPLEY
STAFF WRITER
THE RECORD

The Rolling Stones are scheduled to play two shows at the Prudential Center on Dec. 13 and 15, the band’s only U.S. shows in their four-performance tour. Tickets, which are available through Ticketmaster, cost between $95 and $750.

U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-NJ) is calling for tighter regulations on the ticket industry on the same day tickets go on sale to The Rolling Stones’ two performances in Newark in December.

Citing reports that tickets to the two shows are selling for as much as $600,000 on web sites like StubHub before they go on sale to the general public at noon today, Pascrell said tickets reserved for members of fan clubs and special promotions often are resold by scalpers “at astronomical prices.”

“This latest report confirms what fans across this country who have tried to purchase concert tickets through Ticketmaster to a popular show have long known: the game is rigged against them,” Pascrell said in a statement. “It’s long past time for Congress to pass sensible consumer protections for concert goers.”

The Rolling Stones are scheduled to play two shows at the Prudential Center on Dec. 13 and 15, the band’s only U.S. shows in their four-performance tour. Tickets, which are available through Ticketmaster, cost between $95 and $750.

Pascrell also expressed concern that fans were not told how many tickets would go on sale today.

“If we are going to have a multi-billion [dollar] marketplace for tickets, the federal government must ensure a transparent marketplace so fans can make educated decisions,” said Pascrell.

Email: copley@northjersey.com

[www.northjersey.com]

(Story link thanks to Shidoobee's VoodooAllie).

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 00:42

$100,000 seems reasonable...stubhub have a pair for $750,000.
Is upper 229 a good position?

I assume someone is just posting these for a laugh, and don't even have the tickets anyway....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 27, 2012 04:36

Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity
Green Lady
Silver Dagger
Max'sKansasCity

Did someone mention Van?

Yes, good idea--you can hire a gypsy caravan, as they'll do dirty work done cheap [cue for someone else to keep the musical chain going]....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 27, 2012 04:39

jazzbass
My bet is half of the pit (and a good percentage of the first 350 tickets that weren't sold for the show tonight) are given out to local models who have never even heard of the Rolling Stones. It's all about appearances for the video shoot. The Stones don't want the front of the stage crammed full of 50 year old dudes.

Is such a thing actually possible?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home