Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:58

seitan
StonesTod
seitan
Am I the only one here..who thinks that Keith is actually really cool in this article

yes. but don't give up....sometimes against overwhelming odds it's possible to be right.

Heheh... When most fans want The Rolling Stones to behave nice, clean,almost religious, friendly and polite in public media ..I feel younger than ever...cause I remember the times when being a bad boy, rebellion and telling your mother and dad to @#$%& off...was rather cool thing to do in rock n roll lifestyle. It seems to me that the world is getting lame, family values are being safely protected, cute, nice, friendly, clean, sober...and the real bad ass rock n roll attitude is forgotten. I dont wanna grow up. I'm still walking around in my Ramones T-shirt and rather proud of it too.

Have you taken a close look at these so-called clean, sober families today here in America? There not so conservative or family values oriented as you seem to think.

Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:12

Doxa

Actually I feel damn ashamed at the moment being a Rolling Stones fan. Damn I've tried for years to accept the Vegas nature of things, to think that out, see the big picture and all, but enough is enough. Probably a good time to stop writing here. This is no longer funny.

- Doxa

Well..you've got the Rolling Stones and you've the Rolling Stones. I made up my mind several decades ago. Actually it's very funny.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:12

seitan

--because he is talkin to the media, and not to Jagger !!
What ever happens between those two is nobody else's business, really.

Except that Keith published a book in which he talks more about Mick than about Patti and Anita combined. He made his clearly obvious Jagger issues anybody else's business.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:18

StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone - I'm hearing from Taylor's people that he hasn't been "officially"
been asked to perform??? where did Rolling Stone Mag. get their info?

MLC

the news here is that mt has people.

Hey Tod - make sure you stay home if Taylor plays with the Stones.. Wouldn't want you around making stupid jokes at a time like that...

MLC

i don't have a home...
Hey - you can move in with Cowboy - you can entertain each other..
MLC

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:21

HerMajestyBrenda
Doxa

(And Keith comes out as a total moron - is Jane Rose losing her touch?)

- Doxca

I thought Life was his public coming out as a moron.

Gorgeous one-two punch

Date: October 25, 2012 00:22

DandelionPowderman
The Stones are recording, rehearsing, soon playing gigs and Wyman and Taylor will probably be joining . What the HECK are you guys bitching about?? Beats me...

Dandy - there NOTHING concrete yet on Taylor being invited, the Rolling Stone
article quotes Keith in regards to Wyman, but Mick Taylor has not "officially"
been asked to come play. That's what us "old' Stones fans are grumbling about.
MLC

Date: October 25, 2012 00:24

MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone - I'm hearing from Taylor's people that he hasn't been "officially"

MLC

Hey Tod - make sure you stay home if Taylor plays with the Stones.. Wouldn't want you around making stupid jokes at a time like that...

MLC

Good lord what a horrible comeback! Dig deeper MLC!

Date: October 25, 2012 00:24

71Tele
They've spent "nearly a million on rehearsing"? Poor them.

Room service can be a bitch.

Date: October 25, 2012 00:26

treaclefingers
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

OK Treacle - show me what a good comeback sounds like..

MLC

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:35

nightskyman
seitan
StonesTod
seitan
Am I the only one here..who thinks that Keith is actually really cool in this article

yes. but don't give up....sometimes against overwhelming odds it's possible to be right.

Heheh... When most fans want The Rolling Stones to behave nice, clean,almost religious, friendly and polite in public media ..I feel younger than ever...cause I remember the times when being a bad boy, rebellion and telling your mother and dad to @#$%& off...was rather cool thing to do in rock n roll lifestyle. It seems to me that the world is getting lame, family values are being safely protected, cute, nice, friendly, clean, sober...and the real bad ass rock n roll attitude is forgotten. I dont wanna grow up. I'm still walking around in my Ramones T-shirt and rather proud of it too.

Have you taken a close look at these so-called clean, sober families today here in America? There not so conservative or family values oriented as you seem to think.
maybe not - but so what ? - it's not up to the Rolling Stones or for any other band to fix the probleams in American society. If you want the Stones to be role models - then should John Wayne - the actor - be blamed for the probleams of the American native Indians, I dont think so - I can take my entertainment rebellious without conservative values - no matter what I belive in - come on - fiction is fiction. Fun is fun.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:39

VT22
Doxa

Actually I feel damn ashamed at the moment being a Rolling Stones fan. Damn I've tried for years to accept the Vegas nature of things, to think that out, see the big picture and all, but enough is enough. Probably a good time to stop writing here. This is no longer funny.

- Doxa

Well..you've got the Rolling Stones and you've the Rolling Stones. I made up my mind several decades ago. Actually it's very funny.

i agree. people take things way too seriously.
I'm happy if the Stones die behaving badly - good - they were never happy, decent, family values band to begin with, come on...I'm happy too see them burn down in flames fighting. If they steal your money ... well, they were big biz since Tattoo You tour - so what's news ?

Date: October 25, 2012 00:46

treaclefingers
71Tele

Room service can be a bitch.

Very funny!

Date: October 25, 2012 00:47

MCDDTLC
DandelionPowderman
The Stones are recording, rehearsing, soon playing gigs and Wyman and Taylor will probably be joining . What the HECK are you guys bitching about?? Beats me...

Dandy - there NOTHING concrete yet on Taylor being invited, the Rolling Stone
article quotes Keith in regards to Wyman, but Mick Taylor has not "officially"
been asked to come play. That's what us "old' Stones fans are grumbling about.
MLC

Thanks , MLC. If Chris insists on that they're playing, he probably knows something, though. Hope it's true.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:49

I was grumpy but accepted things as they were and paid the cost of going to London for two shows.

But reading all of this is disheartening. Arrogant silence would be better than attempts at justifcation.

So the last tour, the naysayers were right, Keith's alcohol problems sucked money from us all without giving a drop of remorse in return even in retrospect. "Million just to rehearse, " OH COME ON I COULD HAVE FOUND THEM A BARN IN INDIANA A MILE AWAY FROM MCDONALDS AND SAVED THEM 95%. Mick want's to call it the "@#$%& It Tour?" As in , "pleasure doing business with you all these years, @#$%& you very much?"

I will always love the music, I am glad for the history I have shared with all my friends and these men at all the events I have been to over the years. But more and more as people, I find the Stones easier and easier to dislike.

At the end of the opening to his Diamond Dogs album, right before the guitars crank in, David Bowie screamed, "This ain't Rock and Roll, this is Genocide!" Well it's here, the year of the scavenger, the season of the bitch. To an extent, just as Altamont is seen as a figurative end of the sixties, this attitude openly declared by such icons feels like the end of something, even if I cannot identify what it is.

I will be at the O2, I will stand, I will cheer. But more and more my cheers feel like the tribal chants of us fans for our own survival and less and less like for anything vibrant.

Date: October 25, 2012 00:54

MCDDTLC
treaclefingers
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

OK Treacle - show me what a good comeback sounds like..

MLC

OK, for example, instead of going straight at him with the comeback (validating his initial observation), you take it somewhere else...sideways, ie, "I'm not entirely sure you'd call them people StonesTod, they're from Austin so I don't know exactly what you would call them".

Understand I'm unwilling to put a lot of thought in this....this is just off the top of my head so it could be a bit tighter, but perhaps you see my point.

With this approach, you don't validate his initial remarks, and you put him on the defensive...or something.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:58

people do take things too seriously. I'm going to see a Stones concert, not to war. If it turns out to be bad, if Bill and MT don't show up, if they serve only non alcoholic beer, if are no cute girls, if you have to sit down for the whole show, if ... it is not going to be the end of the world. London is always worth seeing. I don't have any expectation at all. All I know is that there is a good chance that I will enjoy it. Usually I do. Never saw a bad Stones concert. The price of the ticket? Ok, probably at least 200p too expensive. On the other hand I my self have a "few" pirated stuff of theirs ... Let's call it equal

C

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:59

Yeessh.

The end of rock and roll? Genocide? Ashamed to be a fan? Altamont? confused smiley

The Rolling Stones in 2012, do NOT represent rock and roll. Rock and roll moved on without them several DECADES ago, people. Rock and roll is doing JUST FINE without them. The Stones in the grand scheme of things, do not matter one iota in today's music landscape. I understand, that to some, the Stones are still your entire world, but let's not get carried away here.

The Rolling Stones are caviar..Rolls Royce. They are a luxury...an event. To expect anything less or pedestrian out of them at this point is only setting yourself up for dissapointment. Let them play for the bankers...they're not our band anymore. Life will become so much easier if you just let them go.

Date: October 25, 2012 01:03

Hearing Wyman is IN... hoping Taylor get's an invite..

MLC

Date: October 25, 2012 01:04

Justin
Yeessh.
Rock and roll moved on without them several DECADES ago, people. Rock and roll is doing JUST FINE without them. The Stones in the grand scheme of things, do not matter one iota in today's music landscape. .

Exactly.

Date: October 25, 2012 01:05

MCDDTLC

MLC

Why doesn't he ask them?

C

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:07

seitan
DandelionPowderman
The fans grew older and more conservative...

Why should The Stones ?

I'm glad that Keith is still out there, going @#$%& YOU !!

Saying F-You to fans who can't afford the standards of your greed is not saying 'I'm rebellious', it's saying 'Gimme your money and dance, suckers'.

People like you are the reason John 'Rotten' Lydon and company wrote The Stones off as shifty, greedy businessmen back in 1976, so thank you for proving the point the first-generation punks made. Sucker!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 01:10 by stonesnow.

Date: October 25, 2012 01:08

liddas
MCDDTLC

MLC

Why doesn't he ask them?

C

Liddas - Taylor has stated, many times he would love to sit-in on a live show,
also happened in 2002, but something happened and he wasn't allowed to play,
he was there, back-stage and was told - forget it tonite.

MLC

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:09

DandelionPowerman: The fans grew older and more conservative....

Ah, so greed is the new cool.... what a load of rubbish!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 01:13 by stonesnow.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:09

71Tele
Well Tele, the price of Cocaine has gone up,up....winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 25, 2012 01:10

London 2003

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:11

ROPENI
71Tele

Not to mention the Theragesic and Geritol

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:12

Munichhilton
ROPENI
71Tele

Not to mention the Theragesic and Geritol

LOL

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 25, 2012 01:13

MCDDTLC
liddas
MCDDTLC

MLC

Why doesn't he ask them?

C

Liddas - Taylor has stated, many times he would love to sit-in on a live show,
also happened in 2002, but something happened and he wasn't allowed to play,
he was there, back-stage and was told - forget it tonite.

MLC

Well I my self stated many times that I would love to join them on stage, so to say. All MT has to do is to ask his manager to arrange things to happen. And the will happen!

C

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:14

Thanks for grounding me Justin. You just presented the arguements that I usually make. And I am a little more at peace.

I just paid a heavy price to go see my favorite entertainment spectecle, no more , no less. These shows have no more to do with what Rock and Roll stood for 40 years ago then my job and bank account do with what I stood for 40 years ago. Hell, rock and roll no longer stands for anything that I am aware of, it is a form of music, that after 6 decades is alive but not a vibrant driving force.

All that said, this whole thing still sucks, the attitude of these 4 guys is unreal, and even though I will be there, I have lost any unrealistic fanatsy desire to actually meet any of them. Their reality and mine are just too different. I don't even think I would like them.

The change is actaully in me I think. The Stone have always stood apart giving the finger to the rest of us. I guess as I get older I just dont accept that as well.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:17

ROPENI
What world are these people living in?,btw the $800+ tickets are not the best..>grinning smiley<
The band shrugs off grumbling about the $800-plus it's charging for the best tickets. "As Keith said, 'Sounds about right,'" says Wood. "I'd pay it! We already spent, like, a million on rehearsing, and we're not even halfway through. And the stage is going to cost millions and millions."

The stage was used before! Stupid Ronnie, to say 'I'd pay it'...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home