Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Date: October 25, 2012 10:46

VT22
The golden era is over, they will never ever sound again like '69-'73... what are we talking about here anyway? Oh ... breaking news, I heard Bill arrived in Paris.

For thousands of fans, the golden era is NOT over. Show them a little respect, even though you only enjoy 4 of the bands 50 years, alright smiling smiley

Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2012 10:48

Captainchaos

Top 4 with Wyman
Sway
Jumpin Jack Flash
Monkey Man
Paint It Black

Wyman doesn't play on JJF and MM though...

Mathijs

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations in new RS piece
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:15

windmelody
Surprisingly honest statements. They admit openly that KR played terrible in 2007. Keith comes out as an idiot. Putting out a bad book, saying sorry, and in the end he has to admit that Mick is the better guitarist by now. His "I taught him everything" is so pathetic, one wonders how much deeper he can sink.

My rest-sympathy for Keith has meanwhile vanished in the haze. Why can't he just keep his mouth shut. With every single interview he gives he makes more a fool of himself. My respect goes to the others who - for obvious reasons, however - keep bearing to carry on with him, and, who - in Ronnie's case, at least try to - save their face.

The only thing in favour of Keith's conduct that comes to my mind and makes me feel a bit with him is that apoplexia that obviously struck him in 2006, a thing I have a personal look into since my mother suffered such a stroke recently.

... May the good Lord shine a light on you ...

Date: October 25, 2012 13:20

All the stuff in this article is old, with the exception of Charlie's back problems and some banter about the tour (Mick) and the possibility of recording a new album (Mick).

Haven't you guys read that Keith apologized before??

As I've said numerous times, this thing was blown out of all proportions. It is the media that picks the todgergate up, and Mick is saying (again) that Keith apologized.

The Stones are playing on yesterday's media fuzz, just to boost up their egos and getting attention. That IS sad, imo.

"Bad book"? taking what Keith says about Mick as a guitar player literally...

Hm confused smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:18

sundevil
they were great in london in '07. don't see why they won't be now. especially with mick in great form bustin' on keith to up his game.

Really? You dont see five years of inactivity for men in their late 60s and with various health issues in that time as having any relevance whatsoever?

Where is all this evidence of Mick being 'in great form' when hes performed for all of half an hour in the last five years?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:20

VT22
The golden era is over

1962 - 1973. thumbs up

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:23

DandelionPowderman
VT22
The golden era is over, they will never ever sound again like '69-'73... what are we talking about here anyway? Oh ... breaking news, I heard Bill arrived in Paris.

For thousands of fans, the golden era is NOT over.

i counted 4...but there may be several more just lurking....

Date: October 25, 2012 14:30

StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
VT22

For thousands of fans, the golden era is NOT over.

i counted 4...but there may be several more just lurking....

You're one of them winking smiley

Chuck not playing tonite?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:31

So, can we expect to see MT playing in Newark for the PPV and BW at the O2?

Date: October 25, 2012 14:33

Father Ted
So, can we expect to see MT playing in Newark for the PPV and BW at the O2?

Supposedly, he's not asked as yet...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:36

His Majesty
VT22
The golden era is over

1962 - 1973. thumbs up

Thanks, I agree. thumbs up

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:42

DandelionPowderman
VT22

For thousands of fans, the golden era is NOT over. Show them a little respect, even though you only enjoy 4 of the bands 50 years, alright smiling smiley

I enjoy 11 actually, but Brian (and Stu) are gone.

Date: October 25, 2012 15:52

VT22
DandelionPowderman
VT22

I enjoy 11 actually, but Brian (and Stu) are gone.

thumbs up 11 is better than 4

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:23

The article actually reads like a break - up : it's almost as if they're taking the opportunity to say "Well here's what I REALLY think..." They don't seem to be very interested in maintaining the veil of unity any more (which is a good thing IMO).

If their attitude is like this at the START of the tour, what's it going to be like after 6-12 months?

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed
Date: October 25, 2012 16:26

HerMajestyBrenda
Doxa

(And Keith comes out as a total moron - is Jane Rose losing her touch?)

- Doxca

I thought Life was his public coming out as a moron.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:41

Gazza
treaclefingers
Captainchaos
goin on from this

top 4 tunes with Taylor playing are
Sway
Can't you Hear Me Knocking
Gimme Shelter
Plundered My Soul

Top 4 with Wyman
Sway
Jumpin Jack Flash
Monkey Man
Paint It Black

As a guilty pleasure, I'd have to include Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold for Wyman tracks.

Thats Ronnie on bass on 'Emotional Rescue', though. Bill plays synth.

ah well then, perhaps we won't need Bill for the upcoming shows after all! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:42

Gazza
sundevil
they were great in london in '07. don't see why they won't be now. especially with mick in great form bustin' on keith to up his game.

Really? You dont see five years of inactivity for men in their late 60s and with various health issues in that time as having any relevance whatsoever?

Where is all this evidence of Mick being 'in great form' when hes performed for all of half an hour in the last five years?

I see your point...however, wasn't the whitehouse gig around 30 minutes? Maybe it was 20?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:44

Father Ted
So, can we expect to see MT playing in Newark for the PPV

He's got to buy tickets and find his own accommodations. But yeah, if he can do that they'll let him sit in on the B-stage change over music.

Date: October 25, 2012 16:48

treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Captainchaos
goin on from this

top 4 tunes with Taylor playing are
Sway
Can't you Hear Me Knocking
Gimme Shelter
Plundered My Soul

Top 4 with Wyman
Sway
Jumpin Jack Flash
Monkey Man
Paint It Black

As a guilty pleasure, I'd have to include Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold for Wyman tracks.

Thats Ronnie on bass on 'Emotional Rescue', though. Bill plays synth.

ah well then, perhaps we won't need Bill for the upcoming shows after all! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

We need him on synth!

Date: October 25, 2012 16:57

I hear lots of jurors on here, plenty of hanging judges, hardly any fans. Nothing seems to make most of the posters here happy. I come on iorr to get news, reviews, advance information. But a lot of it is so dispiriting. Some of the posters here are in need of clinical intervention, I fear. I don't get it. For quite a few decades of his life Keith Richards gave everything of himself to give you rock and roll and this is what you do? The judge in the Redlands case would have been more lenient. As Mark E Smith of The Fall sang/shouted/slurred: 'You do not deserve rock and roll'

Date: October 25, 2012 16:58

MadMetaphoricalMax
I hear lots of jurors on here, plenty of hanging judges, hardly any fans. Nothing seems to make most of the posters here happy. I come on iorr to get news, reviews, advance information. But a lot of it is so dispiriting. Some of the posters here are in need of clinical intervention, I fear. I don't get it. For quite a few decades of his life Keith Richards gave everything of himself to give you rock and roll and this is what you do? The judge in the Redlands case would have been more lenient. As Mark E Smith of The Fall sang/shouted/slurred: 'You do not deserve rock and roll'

thumbs up

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:27

MadMetaphoricalMax
As Mark E Smith of The Fall sang/shouted/slurred: 'You do not deserve rock and roll'

i have a feeling he would have something to say about all of this as well...last time i saw the Fall i paid 15 bucks...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:32

cowboytoast
MadMetaphoricalMax
As Mark E Smith of The Fall sang/shouted/slurred: 'You do not deserve rock and roll'

i have a feeling he would have something to say about all of this as well...last time i saw the Fall i paid 15 bucks...

Outrageous!! Who does he think he is?

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:25

Whatever happens, fun will follow. The Stones are reactivated, feel it, enjoy it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:40

cowboytoast
MadMetaphoricalMax

People are still calling this elitist nonsense 'rock n roll' ?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:42

Gazza
cowboytoast
MadMetaphoricalMax

People are still calling this elitist nonsense 'rock n roll' ?

Yes, but now THEY hold a pencil in thier teeth, roll their eyes and point their noses snouts to the sky when they say it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 18:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:05

the more I look at the comments of Keith and Ronnie, the more ludicrous and "who cares" everything seems - just not feeling it right now (and yeah there is a big tour being planned - and yeah LIFE caused more problems than they are even admitting - inside source as close as it gets and it is bullet proof

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:08

hbwriter
the more I look at the comments of Keith and Ronnie, the more ludicrous and "who cares" everything seems - just not feeling it right now (and yeah there is a big tour being planned - and yeah LIFE caused more problems than they are even admitting - inside source as close as it gets and it is bullet proof

jerry the barman?

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:27

GravityBoy
It's really hard to like Keith. He needs to shut up.

Say wha! Did we read the same article? It made me feel all warm and fuzzy about everyone, except perhaps Mr. Wyman. All the rest is sunshine - Mick Taylor! Beff Jeck!! - though it is sad that Mick and Keith don't write together anymore.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:57

StonesTod
hbwriter

jerry the barman?

better, I promise

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2048
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home