Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: October 24, 2012 21:55

BINGO!!!

Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 24, 2012 21:59

Am I the only one here..who thinks that Keith is actually really cool in this article, he doesnt come out as dork at all.. I mean I'm glad if he cuts down his drinking, good for him - and actually rather cool thing for anyone who was a junkie for years, to try and stay sober.

And what's wrong with this - "It was something to get out of the bloody way so we could get the band on the road. You know, I'll say sorry to God if you like. I don't give a shit. I said, 'Look forward, brother, look forward.' If you was married to somebody for 50 years, you can have your little spats here and there, and we don't mind having them in public occasionally. We can't get divorced – we're doing it for the kids!"

- that sounds cool to me. I still dont think he had any reason to apologize in the first place, cause nothing in that book was really that offensive, that book of his, was rather funny in the first place, - and the scandal was so overblown by the media, gimme a break - few jokes, nothing more, nothing less, it's really silly book, stupid spat- in fact.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:01

DandelionPowderman
Where is it confirmed? It's not confirmed in that article, as far as I can tell...

I was wondering abou that too.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:03

Right off, it's annoying what The Stones themselves say about ticket prices, particularly Ronnie with his "I'd pay it!" mentality. Since they cut him in as a junior partner, he's clearly been out of touch with the budget-related realities of the majority of people who actually have attended their shows these many years. It costs them a million dollars just to rehearse for a few weeks?! And the stage costs millions and millions.... clearly, some overhead needs to be trimmed in The Stones Corporation.

Mick is keen on a new album.... eventually, which means probably after 2013, as they are getting their focus on the live show, but at least that's good to know--but there will probably be another treadmill live album before then....

Charlie's septuagenarian back issues are the most revealing evidence yet that The Stones' biological clock is ticking towards the end, but just how long before midnight it is in Stonesworld though is not yet apparent....

So Keith likes a glass of wine with dinner. Tell me, what wine goes with shepherd's pie?

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed
Date: October 24, 2012 22:06

GumbootCloggeroo
Hopefully Bill Wyman will wear some nice clothes for the show.

Maybe Keef will loan Bill one of his rumpled shirts.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:07

Silver Dagger
And interesting to hear that the riff and basic song for Doom & Gloom is Mick's. Bet Keith is sour about that.

Quite common for Mick-tunes since 1989... Don't think he's sour.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:09

seitan
Am I the only one here..who thinks that Keith is actually really cool in this article

yes. but don't give up....sometimes against overwhelming odds it's possible to be right.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:10

Married? Come on! How long do you think those guys have spent together in the last eight years? Kieths book was all about money! Really! Keith would say that shit about his 'glimmer twin'? Keith is so far from reality that
The Stones are dancing around his drug/alcohol excess's....it was 'COOL in the 70s/80s but look what it produced....

Date: October 24, 2012 22:10

MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone - I'm hearing from Taylor's people that he hasn't been "officially"
been asked to perform??? where did Rolling Stone Mag. get their info?

MLC

the news here is that mt has people.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:13

>>So Keith likes a glass of wine with dinner. Tell me, what wine goes with shepherd's pie?<<

an x-pensive red most likely. any x-pensive wine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 22:15 by duke richardson.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:16

StonesTod
MCDDTLC
Hey Everyone - I'm hearing from Taylor's people that he hasn't been "officially"

MLC

thank you...i needed this laugh...

Date: October 24, 2012 22:23

rainhog
Married? Come on! How long do you think those guys have spent together in the last eight years? Kieths book was all about money! Really! Keith would say that shit about his 'glimmer twin'? Keith is so far from reality that
The Stones are dancing around his drug/alcohol excess's....it was 'COOL in the 70s/80s but look what it produced....

Keith figures he can say or do anything and the show will just trundle on. Keith obviously takes his glimmer twin--and The Stones--for granted.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:37

Yep! Keith is on 'cruise control'. Age gracefully? Micks there....keith CLEARLY isn't. Why not band together on this last great treak??? Money,drugs have clouded these guys vison....sad. I'm thinking to myself,maybe one last stand together,and its ALL about money.....what about strumming and singing???
Money IS the root of all evil!!!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:51

StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

Hey Tod - make sure you stay home if Taylor plays with the Stones.. Wouldn't want you around making stupid jokes at a time like that...

MLC

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:55

Keith's apparent lack of humility is staggering to me.

All those expensive enablers really left their mark.

MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

Hey Tod - make sure you stay home if Taylor plays with the Stones.. Wouldn't want you around making stupid jokes at a time like that...

MLC

i don't have a home...

The Stones are recording, rehearsing, soon playing gigs and Wyman and Taylor will probably be joining . What the HECK are you guys bitching about?? Beats me...

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:57

I guess they are getting off on misery..

Date: October 24, 2012 22:58

DandelionPowderman
The Stones are recording, rehearsing, soon playing gigs and Wyman and Taylor will probably be joining . What the HECK are you guys bitching about?? Beats me...

it's a personal matter

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:59

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
And interesting to hear that the riff and basic song for Doom & Gloom is Mick's. Bet Keith is sour about that.

He shouldn't be, but why on earth the guy then comes up with such a remark:

"I don't give a damn," says Richards. "He'd never have learned how to play that without me teaching him how to do it."

It is not that he first needs to express that stupid aggressive comment - that proves the thing hurting his ego, or it somehow annoys him - he then he needs to remind us that he, in the end, is the real guitar hero in the band, and Jagger is just his pupil. And Jagger - in our adults' world - is doing stuff he has been able to do some some 40 years now, at least. That's damn pathetic. Why he couldn't have just said - like many times - that Jagger did that alright, and that's it (like with "Sad Sad Sad").

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 23:05 by Doxa.

Date: October 24, 2012 23:05

u can hear keef laughing when he said that smiling smiley

looks serious in print, but probably is another harmless one liner

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:16

klrkcr
Bill and Mick T certainly deserve to be there more than Jeff Beck,at least they were stones.

Yes, that would look a little silly at this point -- to see Clapton and Beck onstage but no Wyman or Taylor. Nothing against the former two, but with the anniversary, the documentary and all the media hoopla surrounding this, it's kind of now-or-never for Mr W and Mr T. (I know, this doesn't have to be the Last Time, there could be plenty of opportunity for a later reunion, but with the Stones, those "lazy buggers" as Wyman called them recently ...)

Date: October 24, 2012 23:17

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

He shouldn't be, but why on earth the guy then comes up with such a remark:

"I don't give a damn," says Richards. "He'd never have learned how to play that without me teaching him how to do it."

It is not that he first needs to express that stupid aggressive comment - that proves the thing hurting his ego, or it somehow annoys him - and then he needs to prove that he, in the end, is the real guitar hero in the band, and Jagger is just his pupil. And Jagger - in our adults' world - is doing stuff he has been able to do some some 40 years now, at least. That's damn pathetic. Why he couldn't have just said - like many times - that Jagger did that alright, and that's it (like with "Sad Sad Sad").

- Doxa

--because he is talkin to the media, and not to Jagger !!
What ever happens between those two is nobody else's business, really.

It would be even more pathetic if Keith would feel the need to kneel down, apologize to everyone, say that he is sorry, beg for mercy, beg for forgiveness and for what..for few jokes in his book, not even edited by him...and my understanding is that yes, he did teach Mick how to play guitar...Mick does a great job, so what ? - Why should Keith give his apologies, why ? - This is rock n roll. Why should he act like a whimp in public, why cant he say " @#$%& Off, I dont care" why should old school rock n roll guitar players behave nice, cute and clean in public..after years of heroin addiction, sex and bad behaviour ? Why should he lose his bad boy attitude and image at his old age ? Why should Keith lose his balls in public, why should he be castrated and turned into humble, nice little celebrity...? Isnt the Idols TV show enough for you ? Keith was the worlds most famous junkie guitar player, Just because the western world has become lame and conservative now with all it's values, - why should Keith ? Didnt most people fall in love with this man back in the sixties and seventies for his bad behaviour, @#$%& you attitude and rock n roll bad boy image and music ? How come the seventies and sixties kids want the Rolling Stones now safe, clean nice and sober and cute. What happended to the youthfull rebellion ? Why should Keith behave ? I'm glad if he still has the balls to say the F-Word to everyone.

This isnt politics - this is rock n roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 23:19 by seitan.

Date: October 24, 2012 23:20

The fans grew older and more conservative...

Date: October 24, 2012 23:20

Dont be lame

Date: October 24, 2012 23:23

DandelionPowderman
The fans grew older and more conservative...

Why should The Stones ?

I'm glad that Keith is still out there, going @#$%& YOU !!

Date: October 24, 2012 23:33

StonesTod
seitan
Am I the only one here..who thinks that Keith is actually really cool in this article

yes. but don't give up....sometimes against overwhelming odds it's possible to be right.

Heheh... When most fans want The Rolling Stones to behave nice, clean,almost religious, friendly and polite in public media ..I feel younger than ever...cause I remember the times when being a bad boy, rebellion and telling your mother and dad to @#$%& off...was rather cool thing to do in rock n roll lifestyle. It seems to me that the world is getting lame, family values are being safely protected, cute, nice, friendly, clean, sober...and the real bad ass rock n roll attitude is forgotten. I dont wanna grow up. I'm still walking around in my Ramones T-shirt and rather proud of it too.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:49

DandelionPowderman

Do you ever feel like when you are counting one plus one, reading those Spinal Tap comments, emptying your bank account to get tickets to just another celebrational nostalgia show, that you are fooled big time? Does anything in that whole concept what The Rolling Stones actually are today ring any bells that the whole thing might be if not rotten, but just goddamn shallow - just a marionette theatre just put together for making money? Not just money, but AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE one can imagine. Are they real in any meaningful sense of the word any longer?

I need to say that I can't get any kicks any longer if Keith Richards is able to play some damn "I Wanna Be Your Man" somehow within the realms of acceptable guitar work or not (which any school boy can do without difficulties). What a hell does that matter? It's just surreal to think it has any significance. And it is simple stupid romanticism to think that some brief jamming, rehearsing, one week recording, etc - acting a music group - actually is or means something. This is more Vegas than Dean Martins and Frankie Boys and whoever ever was. The corny death of rock and roll.

I don't know.

Actually I feel damn ashamed at the moment being a Rolling Stones fan. Damn I've tried for years to accept the Vegas nature of things, to think that out, see the big picture and all, but enough is enough. Probably a good time to stop writing here. This is no longer funny.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:51

Probably a good time to stop writing here. This is no longer funny.

Yeah I dunno how ya can keep doin' it Doxa .... Ya ink bill must be enourmous

ROCKMAN

Date: October 24, 2012 23:53

...It's bigger than money...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home