Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Why no confirmation from Bill or Mick T.?
Date: October 24, 2012 15:57

Doxa
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

However, many of the quotes look suspiciously like rehash from earlier interviews years ago?

They do look like because they they tend to say the same thing (especially Keith)... But ROLLING STONE seems to be nowadays their almost official medium to tell things. But there is actually a lot of stuff i haven't heard before. Of course, the details concerning the concerts and possible future, but also about the past. Never heard Mick confirming that Keith actually apologized him face to face, and Ronnie is rather open about Keith's condition in the end of the last tour (not just the head injury we much speculated herte, but the king alcohol...)

Jagger idea for the name of the tour speaks volumes!grinning smiley

- Doxa

I wouldn't be so sure - he didn't look drunk to me

You were touring with him?grinning smiley

- Doxa

But I need to add that you might be right. Ronnie is not the most reliable source... and I am sure this article has been checked by The Stones people, so for keeping up the appearances, as stupid as it might sound, it is more Keef-like to admit performing drunk than playing awfully due some medication or showing some human physical disabilities. It is Keith Richards here, man...

- Doxa

You got it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:18

But altogether, it is funny that in article that the band is seeimgly having the 'nothing has happened, we are back and as good as ever' tour mood. Not just Keith is recicling his old anecdotes and living according to the myth (after showing some humbliness and dignity lately), also Jagger has his "I hate nostalgia" mood again (of which he seemed to lighten up a bit lately) and even throwing f-words. Pure Richards. Pure Jagger.

That is to say the Stones are rolling strong once again - and I never really imagined them "growing up gracefully).winking smiley

This article really is pretty much a public message constructed by the Stones PR-machine (and not for the first time using ROLLING STONE in that). Among others, It is intersting how cleverly and skillfully the LIFE issue is treated in order to neither of them 'losing face'. That's diplomacy.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 16:23 by Doxa.

Date: October 24, 2012 16:19

The interview is a completely embarrasing read!

Everything from Mick's "Fvck You-Tour", via Ronnie's drivel about the prices - to Keith's stupid "if there's a new drug available, I'll try it"-BS.

thumbs down

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:25

DandelionPowderman
The interview is a completely embarrasing read!

Everything from Mick's "Fvck You-Tour", via Ronnie's drivel about the prices - to Keith's stupid "if there's a new drug available, I'll try it"-BS.

thumbs down

It is. But that's the PR section doing the same thing as the band playing the same warhorses set list. Two sides of the same product. Cheap, one could say, but money doesn't talk it swears...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 16:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:41

a full on blah blah article in Rolling Stone, i think.
Jagger saying he wants to record again...............unlikely.

they will put some shows on in the spring and summer, i hope.

all depends on dec 15, how it goes.

jeroen

-
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 17:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

-
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:03

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 17:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:09

Apart from Charlie I don't think any of them come out of the interview particularly well. As for Ron if I earned his money I'd buy an £800 ticket too.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:23

mr edward

What is wrong with these guys?

Richards is obviously jealous of Jagger : of his social skills, of his guitar skills (esp in open G that Keith considers his thing)

Jagger takes a lot of flak but he's certainly the glue that holds the band together.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:46

DandelionPowderman
Do you know any musicians who got paid for playing a few numbers with their old band mates?

Definitely.

Date: October 24, 2012 17:54

Good. I know some big names who never would charge for guesting like that.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:06

DandelionPowderman
Good. I know some big names who never would charge for guesting like that.

Must be suffering from low self esteem then.
No really, the situation at hand here is just not comparable to any of that.

Given the history and interpersonal dynamics the Stones can hardly expect Wyman or Taylor to take on a philanthropist's approach to this. That would be ridiculous.

Date: October 24, 2012 19:07

Good for you. Seemingly you know it all.

Some people are just nice, you know...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:34

DandelionPowderman
JumpingKentFlash
DandelionPowderman
micawber
That's easy. Because they won't play. It's only to sell more tickets to higher prices and then say, "Oh, WE never said that they will play". And you're ripped off one more shot, er, time.

Someone will guest, they said. They didn't say whom, though...

It was never said that there'll be guests. Mick Jagger said: "Maybe a few guests joining us"? That's an open question. There CAN an most likely WILL be guests, but if there's not, they haven't promised anyone anything.

Thanks, Kent. Are you going?

Let's just say I'd love to.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home