Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Why no confirmation from Bill or Mick T.?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:25

I'll believe it when I see it. Also, how would they get paid? Would Bill get a 1/5 founders cut? Also anxious to see how Keith, Ronnie and Mick T split up guitar duties.

Re: Why no confirmation from Bill or Mick T.?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:29

You mean Ronnie, Mick T, Mick J, Blondie.
Oh... and Keith. Of course.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:35

jamesfdouglas
You mean Ronnie, Mick T, Mick J, Blondie.
Oh... and Keith. Of course.
James, you forgot Pierre,he will play all of Keith's parts,while Mr Richards poses all around the stage pretending that he is actually playing,a 70 year old Rock God..Great

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:44

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 23, 2012 05:56

Since the concerts at the O2 are sold out, there's no need to hype them. Bill, Mick T., or both, can just show up and it can be a surprise, or not show up and fuel speculation.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 23, 2012 06:53

I really don't know why people care about these two showing up again. They were wonderful contributors in their time, but their time is long over. What would they really add to a performance, apart from being able to say you saw them?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 23, 2012 08:04

Send It To me
I really don't know why people care about these two showing up again. They were wonderful contributors in their time, but their time is long over. What would they really add to a performance, apart from being able to say you saw them?

Well, not hearing Bill play bass for the Stones, to my ears, is like hearing Charlie not play drums for the Stones, or Keith not play guitar, or Mick not sing. Without Bill it's not the Stones I want to hear. I don't know how they would do a Bill appearance. His contribution to a song or two could very likely be overwhelmed if it's the circus the Stones stage has become. (I think he was overwhelmed live by the time of Steel Wheels).

It's not like Bill was replaced by anything distinctive. You can say that Brian, Mick T, and Ronnie all have a certain style and you can differentiate them rather easily. Daryll Jones has contributed nothing but yeoman style bass to the Stones sound. It's not like going from Brian to Mick T., and you have a new, and different contribution. Daryll's bass playing can be summed up in the word beige. (Yes, somehow the Stones managed to find the world's unfunkiest black bassist.)

It's kind of unknown what Mick Taylor can contribute. He may have abused his genius to the point that he couldn't lift a pedestrian Rolling Stone song to the elegant levels he did in his glory days. And Mick T. only put in 5 years. Bill was there in the traveling in Stu's rickety van days on through Steel Wheels. In other words the years that mattered.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:07

No Bill apparently:

The old friends embraced at the screening of Crossfire Hurricane but Wyman will not be joining the band for their O2 gigs next month.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: October 23, 2012 10:18

Sister Marie
No Bill apparently:

The old friends embraced at the screening of Crossfire Hurricane but Wyman will not be joining the band for their O2 gigs next month.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

No quote from Bill, though.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:38

That's easy. Because they won't play. It's only to sell more tickets to higher prices and then say, "Oh, WE never said that they will play". And you're ripped off one more shot, er, time.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:39

jazzbass
I'll believe it when I see it. Also, how would they get paid? Would Bill get a 1/5 founders cut? Also anxious to see how Keith, Ronnie and Mick T split up guitar duties.

I don't believe there has ever been an even five way split. Not that is any of my business.

Date: October 23, 2012 11:36

micawber
That's easy. Because they won't play. It's only to sell more tickets to higher prices and then say, "Oh, WE never said that they will play". And you're ripped off one more shot, er, time.

Someone will guest, they said. They didn't say whom, though...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 23, 2012 11:42

Can someone tell me why Mick T was not at the rehearsals earlier in the year? He was invited. And why was he not onstage, when Bill Wyman was? Did Bill insist on it in exchange for his help with the doco??

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: October 23, 2012 11:56

Surely it wouldn't have hurt to have Mick T stand with them for a minutes for the photographers.The Mick Taylor years are obviously in Crossfire Hurricane,but for some reason or other,he was not together with the rest of them.

Date: October 23, 2012 12:03

Bliss
Can someone tell me why Mick T was not at the rehearsals earlier in the year? He was invited. And why was he not onstage, when Bill Wyman was? Did Bill insist on it in exchange for his help with the doco??

On stage??

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 23, 2012 13:42

Send It To me

Not much of Stones' fan, eh? Bill is an original, long-time member. An integral part of the band for years. Daryl is a hired hand. Bill is a Stone. It would be great to see and hear Bill up there on stage again. 'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 23, 2012 14:10

jazzbass
I'll believe it when I see it. Also, how would they get paid? Would Bill get a 1/5 founders cut?

Paid for what? IF either of them play, it'd be a cameo guest appearance. They're not rejoining the band and no one has ever suggested they are.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 23, 2012 16:02

Wait! Wasn't there a post on here a few days ago that quoted Jagger as stating Bill Wyman would be joining them for one these shows?

Date: October 23, 2012 16:13

SweetThing
Wait! Wasn't there a post on here a few days ago that quoted Jagger as stating Bill Wyman would be joining them for one these shows?

I've never heard that - where??

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 23, 2012 16:22

the shows are sold out as far as the brokers having all the tickets that they bought to resell, on the AAB tour i went to two SOLD OUT stadium shows that had at least 10k empty seats, GIANTS STADIUM was the place

Date: October 23, 2012 16:29

Gazza
jazzbass
I'll believe it when I see it. Also, how would they get paid? Would Bill get a 1/5 founders cut?

Paid for what? IF either of them play, it'd be a cameo guest appearance. They're not rejoining the band and no one has ever suggested they are.

I understand that neither are rejoining the band. But if either do play for 1 or 5 songs or the entire concert, you can bet that the appearance is contractualized. Neither are playing for free.

Date: October 23, 2012 16:33

Don't think musicians are paid to guest in a show. Was Axl paid in Atlantic City?

I'm quite sure Taylor didn't get a dime in Kansas 81 either...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 23, 2012 16:46

Gazza
jazzbass

jagger stated in the video announcement of the 4 shows, maybe special friends will join us. He meant bill or mick taylor. Bill has mentioned, he was asked to play a few shows. he answered, if the time and place are right.
I think, he will be at the 02 shows

I wont be there,
maybe next year
jeroen

Date: October 23, 2012 16:52

DandelionPowderman
SweetThing

Here it is Dandy (took a few minutes to find it, as the board is at least busy these days, if not happy).

Date: October 16, 2012 10:48

Last night (monday) Evening Standard had "exclusive interview" with Jagger. He said Bill Wyman will join them for some songs.

But having just searched outside IORR, it doesn't seem like that's exactly what Jagger said. But of course hard to know exactly what he said, but here it says something a little less definite

[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

Mick Jagger told London’s Evening Standard that the Stones were rehearsing roughly 60 songs in preparation for the shows this November and December. Additionally, Jagger noted that they’d been in touch with former bassist Bill Wyman in regards to having him make appearances during the shows.

Date: October 23, 2012 16:52

DandelionPowderman
Don't think musicians are paid to guest in a show. Was Axl paid in Atlantic City?

I'm quite sure Taylor didn't get a dime in Kansas 81 either...

I'm sure there have been casual walk ons over the years, but in this day and age of big money concerts, neither Christina Aguilara or Bill Wyman are going to lend their name to only further line the pockets of the Stones.

Date: October 23, 2012 16:57

melillo
the shows are sold out as far as the brokers having all the tickets that they bought to resell, on the AAB tour i went to two SOLD OUT stadium shows that had at least 10k empty seats, GIANTS STADIUM was the place

Same in Munich, Paris...

Date: October 23, 2012 17:09

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing

Here it is Dandy (took a few minutes to find it, as the board is at least busy these days, if not happy).

Last night (monday) Evening Standard had "exclusive interview" with Jagger. He said Bill Wyman will join them for some songs.

But having just searched outside IORR, it doesn't seem like that's exactly what Jagger said. But of course hard to know exactly what he said, but here it says something a little less definite

[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

Mick Jagger told London’s Evening Standard that the Stones were rehearsing roughly 60 songs in preparation for the shows this November and December. Additionally, Jagger noted that they’d been in touch with former bassist Bill Wyman in regards to having him make appearances during the shows.

Until now no one has ever confirmed Taylor or Wyman will be on at least one of these four platinum card member gigs. For sure Bill will NOT be part of the US gigs, as he is afraid of flying and quit mainly for that reason.

Date: October 23, 2012 17:12

micawber
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing

[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

Until now no one has ever confirmed Taylor or Wyman will be on at least one of these four platinum card member gigs. For sure Bill will NOT be part of the US gigs, as he is afraid of flying and quit mainly for that reason.

He's always been afraid of flying. He quit because he was done with the band. The no flying was an added bonus. But yes, another obstacle to the scenario in regards to the US shows.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 23, 2012 17:14

I still strongly believe that bill will guest at the ppv

Date: October 23, 2012 17:28

SweetThing
micawber
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing

[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

He's always been afraid of flying. He quit because he was done with the band. The no flying was an added bonus. But yes, another obstacle to the scenario in regards to the US shows.

From my knowledge he toured only Europe since he left the Stones as he can go by train and bus.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home