Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

It does not help - but SEATWAVE prices dropped
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:53

I know it does not make any difference to the exaggerating ticket prices already at face value.

But: I checked regularly the prices and different ticketagencies especially SEATWAVE.com. Despite the fact that all prices are still at least double of the face value they dropped already by 10-15% at some stage.
Two days ago the Pitmouth Standing was only available for 1100£ plus per ticket. Today you find for 909£ Also upper tiers have decreased.

Once again I do know that this is not of any help for the moment, but I strongly believe that much more good seats will be available in the nest weeks. That happened also last time. The only seats which the third party sellers can't give back are those which are already confirmed and sold for other people who want to make money.

Re: It does not help - but SEATWAVE prices dropped
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:41

Grison
I know it does not make any difference to the exaggerating ticket prices already at face value.

But: I checked regularly the prices and different ticketagencies especially SEATWAVE.com. Despite the fact that all prices are still at least double of the face value they dropped already by 10-15% at some stage.
Two days ago the Pitmouth Standing was only available for 1100£ plus per ticket. Today you find for 909£ Also upper tiers have decreased.

Once again I do know that this is not of any help for the moment, but I strongly believe that much more good seats will be available in the nest weeks. That happened also last time. The only seats which the third party sellers can't give back are those which are already confirmed and sold for other people who want to make money.

You are 100 percent correct, it's just a matter of waiting it out. Prices will drop further, you just watch ............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:45

Be patient. I would wait until the week of the show before getting too serious. The thing is you just be willing to walk away if the prices don't come down to your liking, which is difficult if you are traveling to the show. I would also continue to try ticketmaster for VIP tickets that either don't sell or are cancelled. Those will probably still cost you 400 GBP, but could be great seats. When I saw the Stones at the O2 in 2007, I bought tickets for a couple of the Prince shows that were going on at the same time - 31 GBP for tickets right in front of the stage (clearly VIP package tickets that did not sell), purchased on the day before the show. I became a Prince fan after that.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:10

drbryant
Be patient. I would wait until the week of the show before getting too serious. The thing is you just be willing to walk away if the prices don't come down to your liking, which is difficult if you are traveling to the show. I would also continue to try ticketmaster for VIP tickets that either don't sell or are cancelled. Those will probably still cost you 400 GBP, but could be great seats. When I saw the Stones at the O2 in 2007, I bought tickets for a couple of the Prince shows that were going on at the same time - 31 GBP for tickets right in front of the stage (clearly VIP package tickets that did not sell), purchased on the day before the show. I became a Prince fan after that.

See the OFFICIAL TICKET DROP thread I started, I have just posted in it. SEETICKETS are dropping tickets in THREE BLOCKS right now. OK, they're distant blocks, but the availability is staggering - considering all the nonsensical hype that both shows are supposedly SOLD OUT !! What crap, I mean really .......... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:20

drbryant

Just one question about buying tickets online the day before the show - how do you get them in your hand? Collect at box office I presume? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home