Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What's Got Into Mick
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:50

Why charge so much for tickets? You cant take it with you. As if they need the dough badly. Greed has taken over Mick. I hope the shows don't sell out.

Re: What's Got Into Mick
Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:59

I agree! The ugly smell of materialistic greed and the obvious betrayal of the RnR soul they used to stand for would be all over the event and spoil every second of the show for me. I've been to 80 Stones concerts since the 80s but I am definitely skipping these. Other longterm fans I know are boycotting these concerts out of similar reasons. Why should anyone be exploited like this voluntarily?

It's really a pity that the Stones and their management care so little about this damage to the image and the consequences upon the appreciation of the true fans.

I think that they've booked the 2 venues for a longer series of concerts but wanted to sell out the first two in each city first. If they do not add any concerts by the end of October, it means the sales weren't as fast and high as they had hoped for. May they cancel all the shows for poor ticket sales altogether!

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:21

tipps
Greed has taken over Mick.
Without that the band would never be where they are today. Sure the songs opened the door. But without greed no band will ever reach the stars no matter how good the songs are.
Even though many bands become humanitarians when they can afford it (U2, Radiohead and what have you) they were all once greedy and hungry.
Mick on the other hand has always been more about buiness than rock n roll and the band has never had a "save the world" attitude. So in the end it's nothing new. I mean how many bands release that many "Best of collections"? If you as a fan wants to see them there's nothing more to do than to smile and pay.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:34

tipps
Why charge so much for tickets?

Caviar facials.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:52

My thinking is that continuing in the RS is a millstone they can't escape. How would you like it if the best you could do was 45 years ago, and you are stuck in a Ground Hog Day loop of regurgitating it, because no one values anything else from you? It would be humiliating, but you just can't walk away. So you would try to extract the maximum compensation you could. Grrreed.....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:53

What a shame... We could have been talking about he Stones finally getting ready to rol again and the possibility of Wyman and Taylor joining in. Instead of really looking forward to songs like Wanne Be Your Man or even the new ones, we're only talking about these obscene ticket prices.

Man, remaining fan is becoming harder each passing year.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:16

Why is it only Mick? You think the others get paid less? They're all the same.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:32

> Man, remaining fan is becoming harder each passing year.

Quote of the year!!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:43

rebelrebel
I wouldn't count on it. Keith might be the same, Ron and Charlie are certainly not.
90% of the songs performed will be glimmer twin-penned. If a dvd or any other life performance ('Doom and Gloom life from London' on iTunes anyone?) will be put into the market, guess who's gonna be the main recipient.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:07

Yeah but they get to split the £16 million in 4 which is the biggest chunk for sure, dunno if they need to use part of it to pay Chuck and the other clowns but they've got room to play...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:14

HMRC will of course be getting 45%.

Won't they?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:23

GravityBoy
HMRC will of course be getting 45%.

Won't they?

I like your irony! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 12:24 by rebelrebel.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: October 17, 2012 13:07

I wouldn't blame only Mick for the ticket prices, the other band mates could say, "No, let's be reasonable to our loyal fans". But did they? Are Keith, Charlie and Ronnie that bothered also?

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:00

When I read here that the Stones would do concerts my first idea was:

Wouldn't it be nice if they did a free concert in Hyde Park and in Central Park - they'd probably make enough money from selling the videos ...

But then I woke up and realised I'd be very disappointed by the announcements. So for me it's:

Good bye, Rolling Stones - I won't spend any more money on you!!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:10

Central Park isn't a bad idea but you can't do it in December.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:13

Bliss
My thinking is that continuing in the RS is a millstone they can't escape. How would you like it if the best you could do was 45 years ago, and you are stuck in a Ground Hog Day loop of regurgitating it, because no one values anything else from you? It would be humiliating, but you just can't walk away. So you would try to extract the maximum compensation you could. Grrreed.....

very well put.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:14

TIRED
> Man, remaining fan is becoming harder each passing year.

Quote of the year!!

I wouldn't worry about it.
Nature is going to put a stop to the passing years sooner than later

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:15

"Greed has taken over Mick"

You are some weird cats...Does anyone here think the prices last time around were reasonable??

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:15

Limbostone
rebelrebel
I wouldn't count on it. Keith might be the same, Ron and Charlie are certainly not.
90% of the songs performed will be glimmer twin-penned. If a dvd or any other life performance ('Doom and Gloom life from London' on iTunes anyone?) will be put into the market, guess who's gonna be the main recipient.

The lion's share of the money comes from shows nowadays, and I believe they split that evenly. How else would Charlie and Ronnie made so much money through the years?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:16

They need to make the moeny up front so they can play Glastonbury...Eavis won't pay huge fees, so it's their way of re-couping the money!

Sorry, a long shot I know but since I can't afford to go to the London shows and I've got a Glastonbury ticket I'm keeping everything crossed and grasping at any straw available.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:16

dewlover
"Greed has taken over Mick"

You are some weird cats...Does anyone here think the prices last time around were reasonable??

Define reasonable?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home