Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
why all the negativity.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:53

just reading a few posts and obviously people are dissapointed in ticket prices, the band only doing 4 gigs, no new album but only 2 new songs instead, recent concert gigs on download only and other gripes aswell.

if i had my way, the rolling stones would be going for another 10 years or more, with 1 new album every 2 years, 1 massive tour every 3 years, vaults being opened every 2 years, numerous footage old and new, including archive gigs being released on dvd every 6 months, taylor and wyman to rejoin the band, ticket prices low and gigs providing the fans with the chance to hear previously never played live songs from thier back catalogue.

but lets be realistic, i was convinced the band had played thier last gig in 2007, glad they havent and they made it to 50 years on the go.

lets look at the positives, the band have released around 90 new songs since 1989, including the outtakes from some girls and exile, which is enough material for around 9 new albums. they have done 5 massive world tours, trying songs previously not done live at all or at least for some time. they have opened the vaults, they are starting to release many more archive footage including the ed sullivan show, the TAMI show, stones in exile, ladies and gentleman, gimme shelter and many more. they are also old men, well into thier late 60,s and yet they will do 4 more gigs, and 2 more new songs.

maybe next year we might get more, who knows, but when they pack it in at least we knew they have made 50 years, and probably more vaults will open anyway.

i will miss the stones when they are no longer, but would rather they chuck it in if and when one of the band members dies or becomes ill rather than continue using replacement band members.

its a great time to be a rolling stone so lets enjoy what we have left of them.

who would have thought from a vantage point of 1989 that the band would still be ongoing 23 years later.

they have left us umpteen opportunities to shop for numerous cd,s, dvd,s and vaults and also great memories to last a couple of decades.

Re: why all the negativity.
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:54

buttons67
just reading a few posts and obviously people are dissapointed in ticket prices, the band only doing 4 gigs, no new album but only 2 new songs instead, recent concert gigs on download only and other gripes aswell, like keith can't play and mick's singing is usually terrible.

you answered your own question!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:54

Obviously because the Stones were mine at one time and now they belong to someone else. Some fat cat in NYC who's name no one knows. peace

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:58

Because a lot of us are living in the UK,which is full of doom and gloom,and bleeding despair.There aint much to celebrate in the smoke.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:58

They could have given the last 4 conserts to their real long time fans and not to some "corporate/business fun", who will be there wearing a suit, drinking champagne, talking on their cell-phone, eating strawberries and barely know a Stones song at all. That's what all the negativuty is all about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 23:59 by mtaylor.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:01

maybe if they tour next year, ticket prices will come down.

but if they dont, well thats life, they wont go on for ever.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:05

buttons67

If not - they will play in half-empty stadiums, a situation already visible in 2005-2007.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:06

Why all the negativity? Well, it beats apathy, and it sure as hell is a far more appealing alternative than complicity--especially when you get a look at the sort of people who can afford a ticket to see the Stones instead of you....

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:13

mtaylor
buttons67

If not - they will play in half-empty stadiums, a situation already visible in 2005-2007.

IF they play stadiums. They didn't sell out quite a few shows on the last tour, i fear they will do a arena tour which means high prices. Maybe not as high as the four upcoming shows but still high.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:33

The band definitely deserves some of the criticism it gets but I think the problem is that some people just like to gripe about everthing. They will gripe that the band is not touring then when the band announces shows they gripe about the ticket prices. Then after getting their hands on a ticket, they will gripe about having to step foot in lowly Newark, NJ, then they gripe about the setlist, then they will gripe that the hotdog they got outside the arena doesn't have enough mustard on it. Some people are stuck in gripe mode.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:56

FrankM
The band definitely deserves some of the criticism it gets but I think the problem is that some people just like to gripe about everthing. They will gripe that the band is not touring then when the band announces shows they gripe about the ticket prices. Then after getting their hands on a ticket, they will gripe about having to step foot in lowly Newark, NJ, then they gripe about the setlist, then they will gripe that the hotdog they got outside the arena doesn't have enough mustard on it. Some people are stuck in gripe mode.

You nailed it FrankM. I find it very amusing when the "gripers" get mad or upset when others don't see it their way, lol.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:17

FrankM

You have to admit though, a hot dog without enough mustard, dijon, is just not that good. Throw some onions, and yeah, even sour kraut and you got yourself a deal!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:21

treaclefingers
FrankM

You have to admit though, a hot dog without enough mustard, dijon, is just not that good. Throw some onions, and yeah, even sour kraut and you got yourself a deal!

Lol, yes, I guess you do have a point there.

Date: October 18, 2012 01:29

My negativity regarding the out-of-reach ticket prices would be assuaged somewhat if only the Hell's Angels could be allowed to act as security for at least the NJ shows. How about Altamont 2012, the corporate version? It'd be a real hoot, particularly on PPV, to witness a champagne-sipping posh poseur being beaten to death with his own cell phone.... well, I can dream, can't I?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:41

Naturalust
Obviously because the Stones were mine at one time and now they belong to someone else. Some fat cat in NYC who's name no one knows. peace
smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:42

Prices are less than an international football tix... And it is a chance to see the best band ever !
326£ for mine and I have not the best seat but who cares.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: charlystone ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:43

i total agree, every day in think this foro is negative, im tired to read every negative post in this page.. why?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:47

Complaining about negativity is in itself negativity. I might just post a thread called "Why all the negativity about the negativity?".

Date: October 18, 2012 02:28

71Tele
Complaining about negativity is in itself negativity. I might just post a thread called "Why all the negativity about the negativity?".

Mathematically speaking, that is positively a positive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 02:28 by stonesnow.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:30

mtaylor
They could have given the last 4 conserts to their real long time fans and not to some "corporate/business fun", who will be there wearing a suit, drinking champagne, talking on their cell-phone, eating strawberries and barely know a Stones song at all. That's what all the negativuty is all about.

Could not agree more! Though I am not in the least bit surprised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 02:32 by No Expectations.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:45

stonesnow
71Tele

hmmm...does "about" imply multiplication? or addition? hmmmm??? the answer is blowing in the wind somewhere positively on 4th street or something....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 02:45 by StonesTod.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:54

StonesTod
stonesnow
71Tele

hmmm...does "about" imply multiplication? or addition? hmmmm??? the answer is blowing in the wind somewhere positively on 4th street or something....

Ask the Jack of Hearts.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 03:03

4 shows and crazy prices - yes it would be good to be there but what the hell.. I expect recordings of the shows will soon turn up - hopefully soundboard, that'll do for me...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:24

No Expectations
StonesTod
stonesnow
71Tele

Ask the Jack of Hearts.

or the early Roman kings.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:38

Negativity because:

Gonna reach out and get hurt.

Mick said it four times.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:46

no new record thats the big one for me.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:50

Th negaitivity is mostly due to the fact that nothing says rock and roll better than $800 tickets that nobody, but major corporations and the drones who work for said corporations are going to buy.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:59

Once again people here are assuming,for some reason, that all "real" Stones fans are broke.

Date: October 18, 2012 05:41

ZantiMisfit
Once again people here are assuming,for some reason, that all "real" Stones fans are broke.

But in the majority of cases, a real fan will be real broke for a real long time if they pay the unreal prices for this tour--I mean, really....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:26

StonesTod

71Tele

hmmm...does "about" imply multiplication? or addition? ....

MULTIPLICATION.
Consider: "Negativity about negativity and relativity"
Use the distributive property of multiplication to re-write this as "(Negativity about negativity) and (negativity about relativity)."

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home