Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: NEW SINGLE, BRILLIANT
Date: October 12, 2012 01:22

The song is crap! Where's the riff, the hook a defined bridge? Is Charlie drumming on a plastic 5 gallon plastic paint can...it's amazing people will hold on to a hope...after a 7 year absence this will go side by side with 48 classic songs...can only imagine if this is the single what One More Shot sounds like. Most likely it will be One More Shit!

"Some friends of mine were dreaming about what was don't you think it's wiser to grow up"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:35

MAINOFFENDER_2000
The song is crap! Where's the riff, the hook a defined bridge? Is Charlie drumming on a plastic 5 gallon plastic paint can...it's amazing people will hold on to a hope...after a 7 year absence this will go side by side with 48 classic songs...can only imagine if this is the single what One More Shot sounds like. Most likely it will be One More Shit!

"Some friends of mine were dreaming about what was don't you think it's wiser to grow up"

Not sure I'd define Streets of Love or Anybody Seen My Baby or High Wire or Don't Stop as classic songs, but if you'd prefer that...well you probably own them already anyway! Good on ya!

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:37

GREAT TUNE! GOOD JOB, BOYS!!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:53

Lovely little rocker by old men, but not for old men who will complain. Big thumbs up. Still getting new songs 50 years on, brilliant, so lucky to be a Stones fan.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:55

well, i like it....

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:15

fredlynn19
GREAT TUNE! GOOD JOB, BOYS!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:35

Drums sound different not like Charlie???? Keith is there Ronnie and Jagger is playing rhythm to.. Vocal not bad would be nice if Keith was singing back up vocals to... Its ok.. Can't wait to hear One Last Shot...

drummer_dude

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 12, 2012 07:14

To me it sounds like Tallahasee Lassie with a little Rough Justice mixed in. Maybe in my old age, my ears are getting a little too waxy

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 12, 2012 07:41

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
How disappointing, I had to turn on my computer... sigh... and then I had to find the Bookmarks button.... what a drag.... then I had to push the IORR link.... geeez do I have to do everything?.... and then find this thread... which of course, is at the top... easy to find.... duh... and then I didnt get to pay any money... it was on Youtube for free... so I listened to the great opening lick and then listen to the whole excellent new Rolling Stones song... will life ever get better?

Max, the good news is I knew you'd love it and you knew I'd hate so we can skip the whole arguement and vitriol part. smoking smiley

Not that anyone asked, but I'm on the I love it side, along with PMS, No Spare Parts and Under the Radar yet dislike Don't Stop/SOL/High Wire.
thumbs up
I dont know what the heck people wanna hear?
It sounds like good Rolling Stones rock and roll to me.

I loved PMS and No Spare Parts. I play them all the time.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:04

Nice little rocker. Nothing spectacular.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:17

Rockman
Fracking brilliant ....

i'll give it a thumbs up too rockman. if yu give it the nod then it can't be bad..

ROCK ON OLD TIMERS, I'LL TUNE IN..

Posted by: dangerous beauty ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:33

Great song! In the intro at the 1.5 second mark, there is a small distict salute to the classic Soul Survivor riff, but just for à split second. - great guitar work throughout. Another Stones snapshot of the times we live in.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:46

Great song. And a bit different for them in a lot of ways as well. I am glad to hear Charlie do a more straight forward rock approach with less cymble work. Great riff and subtle licks thrown in throughout the song. Mick also sound spectacular. Bring on more boys if it is like this!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 12, 2012 15:45

bam
To me it kind of sounds like Rough Justice, except not as catchy.

truth

Date: October 12, 2012 15:49

whitem8
Great song. And a bit different for them in a lot of ways as well. I am glad to hear Charlie do a more straight forward rock approach with less cymble work. Great riff and subtle licks thrown in throughout the song. Mick also sound spectacular. Bring on more boys if it is like this!

Yes, more like this would be good.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 12, 2012 15:53

Can't have the Stones being different, now can we?

This one had... HANDCLAPS!!! as well

I love this track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 15:54 by GravityBoy.

Date: October 12, 2012 15:57

MAINOFFENDER_2000

Look, Beast Of Burden is one of my favourite tunes. It doesn't even have a verse!

Date: October 12, 2012 16:02

DandelionPowderman
MAINOFFENDER_2000

Look, Beast Of Burden is one of my favourite tunes. It doesn't even have a verse!

It has a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl though.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:05

treaclefingers
it has a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl though.

You have to be imbibing helium when you're singing that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:06

Grateful for anything showing they can still do it - but I was pleasantly surprised by the attitude of the song. Roll on!

Date: October 12, 2012 16:11

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
How disappointing, I had to turn on my computer... sigh... and then I had to find the Bookmarks button.... what a drag.... then I had to push the IORR link.... geeez do I have to do everything?.... and then find this thread... which of course, is at the top... easy to find.... duh... and then I didnt get to pay any money... it was on Youtube for free... so I listened to the great opening lick and then listen to the whole excellent new Rolling Stones song... will life ever get better?

Max, the good news is I knew you'd love it and you knew I'd hate so we can skip the whole arguement and vitriol part. smoking smiley

Not that anyone asked, but I'm on the I love it side, along with PMS, No Spare Parts and Under the Radar yet dislike Don't Stop/SOL/High Wire.
thumbs up
I dont know what the heck people wanna hear?
It sounds like good Rolling Stones rock and roll to me.

I loved PMS and No Spare Parts. I play them all the time.

If they were released in the 70s I think they woulda both been top ten singles.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:20

better than anything off Bigger Bang, Woody's guitar work is stellar - just wish there was more of a lead part, and it ends kind of abruptly. Look forward to hearing it live!

Date: October 12, 2012 16:27

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:46

Great new rocker...Love it..I like it a lot more then PMS...
Kind of reminds me of Start Me up.
A rocker! A true Stones track.

Give us MORE!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:48

overall.........I'm pretty happy with it. I had zero expectations so I couldnt have been let down.

I am glad they put out a noisey rocker instead of some sleepy lame ballad. I think we are all over thinking this.

It's a last gasp song from a band that is set to retire. Good song from a bunch of 70 year olds.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:52

Cafaro
overall.........I'm pretty happy with it. I had zero expectations so I couldnt have been let down.

I am glad they put out a noisey rocker instead of some sleepy lame ballad. I think we are all over thinking this.

It's a last gasp song from a band that is set to retire. Good song from a bunch of 70 year olds.

I still maintain if the lead single off ABB had been She Saw Me Coming, it would have sold like a bitch.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 12, 2012 17:04

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
MAINOFFENDER_2000

True enough, but the bitch puts him out on the street apparently without adequate footwear.

Date: October 12, 2012 17:07

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
MAINOFFENDER_2000

True enough, but the bitch puts him out on the street apparently without adequate footwear.

well the bitch keeps bitchin' and the snitcher keeps snitchin'...I can't keep track of all the goings on of those crazy rollin' stones.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 12, 2012 17:25

MAINOFFENDER_2000
The song is crap! Where's the riff, the hook a defined bridge?

kent made fun of me when i said there was no riff. that hurt my feelings. cos there isn't a riff and it's not nice to make fun of old ppl and stuff.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 12, 2012 17:28

we could make "fracking" the word of the day...but first it would have to be an actual word. a pity. coulda been fun.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home