Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What do we know about the stage for the 4 upcoming shows?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:17

The rolling stones always come up with some original ideas for the design of the stage they use during their shows. For the 2012 shows are there pictures of the stage or reliable descriptions of it available? Thank you
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: What do we know about the stage for the 4 upcoming shows?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:20

"These 50th anniversary performances will see the band working once again with their acclaimed, long time collaborators, set designer Mark Fisher and lighting director Patrick Woodroffe.
The new shows will be another groundbreaking visual landmark in Stones history. Fans can look forward to an all-new, custom-built set design, with a stage based on the band’s ubiquitous and celebrated tongue and lips logo, which will reach out into the crowd and become a truly must see and hear experience, with integral video screens and effects enhancing the sort of high-octane adventure for which the band’s concerts have been famous for decades."

http://www.prucenter.com//default.asp?id=87&objId=1250

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:25

I think they keep it simple this time................

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:26

A giant cash register.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:31

Thank you Erik.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:41

All we know is that it is the famous Tongue shape as in the Superbowl , with a standing area actually built into the stage.

At first , having scored a Pit ticket like that I was extremely excited. Watching some Video of the Superbowl Event paniced me a but though. As a short Guy if stuck in the middle I am going to watch two hours of arm pits.

But I also looked at the size of the stage on that show, no way can this stage be that size in an arena, it has to be smaller, making the pit a bit smaller, and if the whole thing is inclined just a few degreees, everyone will see.

I guess I will find out when I get there!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 22, 2012 00:40

erikjjf
"These 50th anniversary performances will see the band working once again with their acclaimed, long time collaborators, set designer Mark Fisher and lighting director Patrick Woodroffe.
The new shows will be another groundbreaking visual landmark in Stones history. Fans can look forward to an all-new, custom-built set design, with a stage based on the band’s ubiquitous and celebrated tongue and lips logo, which will reach out into the crowd and become a truly must see and hear experience, with integral video screens and effects enhancing the sort of high-octane adventure for which the band’s concerts have been famous for decades."

http://www.prucenter.com//default.asp?id=87&objId=1250

Regarding high ticket prices, that there is also part of the problem.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: October 22, 2012 00:50

Word has it that its going to be elevated!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2012 00:55

...Rumour is they've restored an old Wells Fargo one and fitted it with hidden safe...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 00:58

Thanks Erik!! Hope to see you here in NYC!!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:34

I'm always impressed when I see those big stages.....nice ....but it's the music that counts

I prefer the old stages....

Part of my old school agenda 1969 (15 years old)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:12 by NICOS.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:16

I have been to the o2 on several occasions, but this is the first gig I know of where seats are available in block 114, which is effectively behind the stage. I sat in block 113 once, which is directly parallel to the stage, and whilst the view was great you couldn't see the back of the stage or appreciate the lighting effects. Maybe the stage will not have any sides, permitting a view from block 114, however I understand these seats were priced at £166.00, so the view is likely to be classified as restricted.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:58

NICOS
I'm always impressed when I see those big stages.....nice ....but it's the music that counts

I prefer the old stages....

Part of my old school agenda 1969 (15 years old)

I remember that photo well.It was from the german/dutch Musik Express covering the Hyde Park show.Loved those pics.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 22, 2012 07:52

njlstones815
Thanks Erik!! Hope to see you here in NYC!!!!

Nat, this time I will only do the London shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home