Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
ot mlb
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 4, 2012 01:46

Right now-
Oakland is 3 outs aways from from winning the AL West

Sold out Oakland Coliseum is going ballistic, as the A's closer
comes in they play his theme muisc, Metallica.... crowd is going bonkers...

WINNER of this game wins the AL West AND
LOSER plays one game playoff with Baltimore/Yankees (on Friday)

Yankees must win to night to win division...

FULL STORY HERE>[mlb.mlb.com]

[mlb.mlb.com]
West........ W L PCT GB
x-Oakland 93 68 .578 - won 5 straight games
x-Texas -. 93 68 .578 - Lost last 2 games

Rangers vs Athletics
Oct 3 @Athletics
Rangers. 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0
Athletics 1 0 0 6 1 0 0 1 -
R H E
5 11 2
9 10 1
FINAL OAKLAND WINS
and the Oakland Coliseum crowd goes wild!!!

FYIs- Oakland HAS NOT spent one day alone in first place YET this year, and
Oakland is first team in history to win division after trailing by 5 games or more games with 9 games to go... in other words Texas choked... again

In other news...
St Louie will play Atlanta in a one game play off (on Friday) to see who plays the Washington Nationals...(YES, The Wshington National made the playoffs!)

FULL MLB POST SEASON STORY HERE> [mlb.mlb.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 01:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: ot mlb
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 4, 2012 01:52

Good comeback by Oakland.

Date: October 4, 2012 01:56

FrankM
Good comeback by Oakland.
HISTORIC! No team has ever won their division after trailing by 5 games or more games with 9 games to go... in other words Texas choked... again. Man, I feel for Texas, they were doing crazy good all season... leading every other team... until....

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: October 4, 2012 01:58

It is pretty amazing to watch the A's have season they have had. I myself am from Pittsburgh and after the Pirates being one of the hottest teams for most of the season and then to finish how they did. Horrible. Oakland's success does give markets like pgh hope though. Oh well, for now, Go Steelers!!!

Date: October 4, 2012 02:01

Check here for online chart [mlb.mlb.com]

It is unreal that only on the last day of the season
did Oakland own first place by themeselves,, Oakland
trailed or shared first place for 162 games!! BASEBALL!!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 05:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 4, 2012 02:05

msw2525
It is pretty amazing to watch the A's have season they have had. I myself am from Pittsburgh and after the Pirates being one of the hottest teams for most of the season and then to finish how they did. Horrible. Oakland's success does give markets like pgh hope though. Oh well, for now, Go Steelers!!!

It is Absolutley Amazing...

I wasnt even going to start a thread... but HOLY MOLY, I am swept up.

I love de Beseball'

Date: October 4, 2012 02:18

I guarantee there is nothing in the whole world that Boston would rather do tonight than beat the Yankees... then again... that is true on any given night winking smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 4, 2012 02:22

Its great to see Oakland win the division!! Texas never should have blown that lead then again they have been the best team the last three years and can't win the series. I hope the Red Sox at least knock the Yankees to the wild card but it is not likely they are pathetic! I hope Oakland plays Washington in the World Series that would be awesome or Baltimore.-

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 4, 2012 02:24

I LOVED the A's as a kid. Are you kidding me?!
What a great win.

Me, I'm a Tiger fan.
Since Josh Hamilton did NOT hit any HR's today...

Miguel Cabrera is going to win The Triple Crown!

Baseball can be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: October 4, 2012 02:29

Wow triple crown that is very impressive in this day and age. It's been 45 years since Yaz did it for the Impossible Dream Red Sox in the summer of love. Cabrera is one hell of a hitter. I guess that move to thirds base really did not bother him all that much. I saw him make some really good plays over there in what little I saw of him this year but that is his original position anyways. He should win MVP in a cakewalk especially since Detroit won and his real competitor for MVP was Mike Trout and LA dod not make the playoffs.

Date: October 4, 2012 02:32

Seems like a no-brainer...Cabrera for MVP.
But, I am a little biased.

Looking at the numbers, and the fact the Tigers won their division, and the fact he played really good third base, and the fact that the Angels did not make it in...

He would certainly get my vote.

Date: October 4, 2012 02:35

I wasnt sure at first but I am happy with the 2 wild card teams and the one game play off... it gives Texas one more chance to get in the playoffs and that is only fair considering the crappy record that won the AL central... no offense to any teams, but it would be a shame if a 93-69 didnt have a chance to make it to post season while 87-74 did... unless the 93-69 teasm is given a chance... or something like that... anyway it is all good... and I am unbiased... of course... because, again, I have no dog in this hunt... and I am getting fkg sick of that shit... the owners of my pro teams suck .... bunch of cheap ass fks... BUT... I LOVE BASEBALL!! and the post season.

Date: October 4, 2012 02:37

Kurt

Looking at the numbers, and the fact the Tigers won their division, and the fact he played really good third base, and the fact that the Angels did not make it in...

thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2012 03:21

I still don't care for the second wild card. I don't like the season coming down to one game. I don't like divisions I wish they would go back to the old way AL and NL and the top four teams make the playoffs and play a balanced schedule. No more of this 19 Red Sox against Yankees, Rays, Orioles and Blue Jays. Also interleague play and the DH can go!

Date: October 4, 2012 04:04

Yankees are not screwing around with Boston 7-1 in the 6th 10-2 in 7th
meanwhile
Tampa Bay is taking care of Baltimore win 4-1 in the 6th 9th

AND THAT MEANS THE YANKEES WIN THE AL EAST...period.

BASEBALL UPDATE- Triple Crown Update

Jim Leyland, pulls Miguel Cabrera out of the game in the middle of the 4th inning with 2 outs and KC fans honor him with a curtain call smiling smiley Class act KC, we have the best fans here. "Cabrera began the day leading the American League in batting average (.331), home runs (44) and RBIs (139), putting him on the precipice of becoming the first baseball player to win the coveted Triple Crown since Boston's Carl Yastrzemski in 1967".

Looks like whats-his-name Angel player (Mike Trout) got a couple of hits tonight while Miguel Cabrera went 0-2... so to be safe, and preserve the 1st Triple crown in 45 years, he comes out.... and KC applauds him... and and gives him curtain call... how many cities do that for a visiting player? Right on KC, Right On!

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 04:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 4, 2012 05:10

POST SEASON STARTS FRIDAY-

NL WILDCARD 5:00 FRIDAY ST LOUIE AT ATLANTA ON TBS
AL WILDCARD 8:30 FRIDAY BALTIMORE AT TEXAS ON TBS

Those are both one game playoffs... winner moves on, loser is done

=====================================================
=====================================================

ALDS 6:00 SATURDAY OAKLAND AT DETROIT ON TBS
NLDS 9:30 SATURDAY REDS AT GIANTS ON TBS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 05:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 4, 2012 06:00

Max - You are fired up over the baseball playoffs!

Date: October 4, 2012 06:24

I love debesebal'!

And I like the one game playoff aspect... BAM GAME 7!... if they didnt want it to come down to that, then they shoulda played better... and that one game for all the marbles is going to be awesome to watch... actually 2 of them in a row, back to back.

Although I do agree that the top 4 teams in the AL and NL should be the ones in the playoffs... but never in my day was it ever like that... but it would be a good way to be.

Final Standings... who would have made it... who wouldnt have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 06:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 4, 2012 07:45

This has been a FUN Season, I'm a LIFELONG SF Giants fan and am GLAD to see the cross bay rivals make it to the playoffs too... I believe Giants catcher Buster Posey wins the NL MVP, he's already locked up the batting title with a .336 average, not bad for a Catcher!! He's one of 4 catchers, I believe to ever win the batting title and to recall he was carried off the field last May with a broken bone and torn cartilage in his leg and no one knew how he'd recover, I call that an INCREDIBLE feat, he's a good kid too... Good for Miguel Cabrera too, first time since 1967 that anyone from either League has won a triple crown... baseball fans LOVE stats and there are many to digest right now, again a FUN season!

I'm looking forward to the playoffs, the Giants play the Reds Saturday @ 4:30 PM PST and I will be glued to my chair!!

GO GIANTS!!

HUMMMM-BABY

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 4, 2012 08:14

Date: October 4, 2012 16:39

Baseball fans are the classiest fans in all of sports.

Date: October 4, 2012 17:50

Kurt
Baseball fans are the classiest fans in all of sports.
thumbs up and I might add to that...
Rolling Stones and Baseball fans are the classiest fans in all the world. smiling smiley

Good luck to everyone here who has a team in the playoffs.
and if you do not have a team, pick one(or two) and just go with it.

Its the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd that I love.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 4, 2012 18:40

Kurt

The Angels...how can you win, with a name like the Angels...bring back Roger Repozdrinking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 4, 2012 18:57

gripweed
This has been a FUN Season, I'm a LIFELONG SF Giants fan and am GLAD to see the cross bay rivals make it to the playoffs too... I believe Giants catcher Buster Posey wins the NL MVP, he's already locked up the batting title with a .336 average, not bad for a Catcher!! He's one of 4 catchers, I believe to ever win the batting title and to recall he was carried off the field last May with a broken bone and torn cartilage in his leg and no one knew how he'd recover, I call that an INCREDIBLE feat, he's a good kid too... Good for Miguel Cabrera too, first time since 1967 that anyone from either League has won a triple crown... baseball fans LOVE stats and there are many to digest right now, again a FUN season!

I'm looking forward to the playoffs, the Giants play the Reds Saturday @ 4:30 PM PST and I will be glued to my chair!!

GO GIANTS!!

HUMMMM-BABY
Right on Grip! Big Giants fan here too. I know the Bay is going crazy over the A's. But I'm not one of those who roots for both teams.Still a little bitter over losing the World Series to the A's.(and that Earthquake thing too). Going to be fun playoffs. GO GIANTS!smileys with beer

Date: October 4, 2012 23:37

I just hope the Yankees don't pull their usual post season disappearing act on offense.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 5, 2012 00:27

Date: October 5, 2012 05:36

I hope the Yankees get swept right out of the playoffs - I can't stand them! I am a Red Sox fan man did they SUCK this year and I posted above that I wanted the Nationals to win I can't pull for anyone but the Giants I'm an old fan of the triple M's. Mays, McCovey and Maricial so go Giants and anyone playing the Yankees!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:16

heading down to the Ted...

Date: October 5, 2012 22:20

slew
I hope the Yankees get swept right out of the playoffs - I can't stand them! I am a Red Sox fan man did they SUCK this year and I posted above that I wanted the Nationals to win I can't pull for anyone but the Giants I'm an old fan of the triple M's. Mays, McCovey and Maricial so go Giants and anyone playing the Yankees!!!

I was shocked when the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine. You guys are better off without him.

Date: October 5, 2012 23:30

Natlanta
heading down to the Ted...
thumbs up Awesome, have fun!!!

The moral?
Get it while the getting is good.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home