Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild Horses/Happy Singles (True Mono??)
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 03:20

Unbeknownst to me, my 45 singles for Wild Horses and Happy are in Mono. However, I cannot tell if they are true mono mixes or fold down mono. I know Brown Sugar and Tumbling Dice have true mono mixes but not quite sure about the other two. Their B-sides, Sway and All Down the Line are also in Mono. Also, is Bitch a true mono mix on the Brown Sugar single?

Re: Wild Horses/Happy Singles (True Mono??)
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 18, 2023 11:22

I’m not sure, but having just listened to the mono-mix of Brown Sugar, I find it to be inferior to the stereo. The crispness and nicely done stereo separation makes for a weaker version. The nice acoustic guitar is buried. If I were to guess, I’d imagine it’s a fold-down, just like Beggars Banquet - Sympathy being an exception, of course - and Let it Bleed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 18, 2023 11:23

Oh, I apologise: I didn’t read your message correctly! So, Brown Sugar is a genuine mono-mix. Hmm, it’s not as good as the stereo, in my opinion.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 18, 2023 15:47

JordyLicks96
Unbeknownst to me, my 45 singles for Wild Horses and Happy are in Mono. However, I cannot tell if they are true mono mixes or fold down mono. I know Brown Sugar and Tumbling Dice have true mono mixes but not quite sure about the other two. Their B-sides, Sway and All Down the Line are also in Mono. Also, is Bitch a true mono mix on the Brown Sugar single?

JordyLicks96, my notes (from listening and from conversations with the late stone-relics) reflect that all Mono issues of WH, Happy (with one exception), and Bitch are fold-downs. The exception for Happy is the true, dedicated mono mix on the ultra-rare SAM4 advanced test pressing of which there are less than 5 copies known to exist. Read the comments.

Happy c/w Shine A Light SAM4

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home