Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild Horses/Happy Singles (True Mono??)
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 03:20

Unbeknownst to me, my 45 singles for Wild Horses and Happy are in Mono. However, I cannot tell if they are true mono mixes or fold down mono. I know Brown Sugar and Tumbling Dice have true mono mixes but not quite sure about the other two. Their B-sides, Sway and All Down the Line are also in Mono. Also, is Bitch a true mono mix on the Brown Sugar single?

Re: Wild Horses/Happy Singles (True Mono??)
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 18, 2023 11:22

I’m not sure, but having just listened to the mono-mix of Brown Sugar, I find it to be inferior to the stereo. The crispness and nicely done stereo separation makes for a weaker version. The nice acoustic guitar is buried. If I were to guess, I’d imagine it’s a fold-down, just like Beggars Banquet - Sympathy being an exception, of course - and Let it Bleed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 18, 2023 11:23

Oh, I apologise: I didn’t read your message correctly! So, Brown Sugar is a genuine mono-mix. Hmm, it’s not as good as the stereo, in my opinion.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 18, 2023 15:47

JordyLicks96
Unbeknownst to me, my 45 singles for Wild Horses and Happy are in Mono. However, I cannot tell if they are true mono mixes or fold down mono. I know Brown Sugar and Tumbling Dice have true mono mixes but not quite sure about the other two. Their B-sides, Sway and All Down the Line are also in Mono. Also, is Bitch a true mono mix on the Brown Sugar single?

JordyLicks96, my notes (from listening and from conversations with the late stone-relics) reflect that all Mono issues of WH, Happy (with one exception), and Bitch are fold-downs. The exception for Happy is the true, dedicated mono mix on the ultra-rare SAM4 advanced test pressing of which there are less than 5 copies known to exist. Read the comments.

Happy c/w Shine A Light SAM4

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home