Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Exciting news" coming soon...
Date: August 29, 2012 17:10

The Rolling Stones:

Some exciting news will be revealed next week, and a chance to win some incredibly special prizes.

Get involved by downloading the free uView app.

Scan this image with your phone for a preview.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Re: "Exciting news" coming soon...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:16

Isnt there just a way to drop my name in a hat?

I love prizes.... but I hate smart phones more.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:33

I saw this on Facebook a little while ago. "Exciting news", "unbelievable prizes" - hmm, not getting my hopes up. I imagine something along the line of a free t-shrt.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:45

And they show the music video of 'streets of love'. Strange?

I don't hope that a remasterd version of 'streets of love' the big news is..

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:49

Have the Stoneso turned into old clowns who have not realized yet that the circus left town?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:59

nothing happens:

1- the eyes blink
2- a loading information appears and I wait around 2 minutes and nothing happens..

:-(

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:06

Nothing would be exciting except a series of live shows with a functional guitarplayer, it´s already been to many greatest hits compilations and new t-shirts.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:07

JumpinJeppeFlash
Nothing would be exciting except a series of live shows with a functional guitarplayer, it´s already been to many greatest hits compilations and new t-shirts.

New being a relative term

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:14

It's a typo - exciting nudes coming soon

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:34

marquess
nothing happens:

1- the eyes blink
2- a loading information appears and I wait around 2 minutes and nothing happens..

:-(

Sting. This time we get to see the video for SOL.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 29, 2012 19:40

Must be some kind of new Stones thing - just say the same thing over and over now even though it's nothing but a worthless app and have the same people say the same thing over and over while remaining totally clueless.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:41

Ironic, most people that own smart phones are younger and probably not Stones fans. They will win "incredibly special prizes" in front of our faces. Maybe this is an omen to jump off a sinking ship?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:47

frankotero
Ironic, most people that own smart phones are younger and probably not Stones fans. They will win "incredibly special prizes" in front of our faces. Maybe this is an omen to jump off a sinking ship?

They're rearing the next generation of Stones fans. You and I are all caught already. The need the next gen to buy Brown Sugar on the next 18 greatest Hits CDs over the next 40 years...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:47

Send It To me
It's a typo - exciting nudes coming soon

it's wearing thin for me

Date: August 29, 2012 19:48

Munichhilton
frankotero

They're rearing the next generation of Stones fans. You and I are all caught already. The need the next gen to buy Brown Sugar on the next 18 greatest Hits CDs over the next 40 years...

i have a smart phone but i'm too old and stupid to know how to use it. it's time to be put to pasture when you concede your phone is smarter than you....

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:54

I'm too old for this shit.
Bring out a new album (even with old rehashed numbers) or do a tour in any kind of form.
But don't bother me with this kind of boring teasers.
It might work for the new kind of music generation but not for me.
It only pisses me off even more.

Rene

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 29, 2012 20:05

StonesTod
i have a smart phone but i'm too old and stupid to know how to use it. it's time to be put to pasture when you concede your phone is smarter than you....

Ha-ha StonesTod I always get a kick out of your sense of humor, plus you keep it in perspective.

Munichhilton

I kind of agree with this. Certainly there will be some new fans, but so many they need to cater to them?

Date: August 29, 2012 20:30

frankotero

But there's nothing...happening with it. Makes no sense.

Date: August 29, 2012 20:31

If I want to hear Start Me Up I don't play it.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2012 20:51

If it´s not some kind of live show anouncement coming next week it´s pathetic to call it"exciting news". As i said, new compilations, t-shirt or whatever is not exciting at all.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:06

Think, they release a new song on Cd and vinyl! they want to have another top 10 or No.1 hit , before they go.

Date: August 29, 2012 21:09

frankotero

Sinking ship? The ship is just about set to sail. It's as sturdy as iron.

Date: August 29, 2012 21:11

MightyStonesStillRollin50
frankotero

Sinking ship? The ship is just about set to sail. It's as sturdy as iron.

Anchors away! All pirates and gypsies aboard! Not to mention Peter Pan.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:12

Maybe they'll tell us that Chuck & Daryll's contracts have been secured for the next tour.

Date: August 29, 2012 21:25

Virtual_Nobody
Bring out a new album (even with old rehashed numbers) or do a tour in any kind of form.

Rene

I told Mick he was pissing off all us old geezers. But you know Mick, he subscribes to the concept of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"! And man does that man love to tease. The good news is, it won't be much longer. Hold on! Good things are coming.

Date: August 29, 2012 21:38

frankotero
StonesTod

Ha-ha StonesTod I always get a kick out of your sense of humor, plus you keep it in perspective.

Munichhilton

I kind of agree with this. Certainly there will be some new fans, but so many they need to cater to them?

'Move Like Jagger' and Mick's appearance at the Grammys and his latest appearance on SNL has turned on a whole new generation to the Rolling Stones. Keith playing Captain Teague didn't hurt either. My 11 year old niece now wants me to take her to see the Stones if they ever come our way again. I give these guys an A+ in marketing 101. They have "worked" the last five years to perfection leading up to their 50th anniversary year.

Date: August 29, 2012 21:50

frankotero
StonesTod

Munichhilton

'Move Like Jagger' and Mick's appearance at the Grammys and his latest appearance on SNL has turned on a whole new generation to the Rolling Stones. Keith playing Captain Teague didn't hurt either. My 11 year old niece now wants me to take her to see the Stones if they ever come our way again. I give these guys an A+ in marketing 101. They have "worked" the last five years to perfection leading up to their 50th anniversary year.

that must explain all the excitement here at iorr

Date: August 29, 2012 21:59

StonesTod
frankotero
StonesTod

Munichhilton

that must explain all the excitement here at iorr

I for one am excited to see the Stones reach out to a whole new generation of fans.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:06

Virtual_Nobody

Rene

I told Mick he was pissing off all us old geezers. But you know Mick, he subscribes to the concept of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"! And man does that man love to tease. The good news is, it won't be much longer. Hold on! Good things are coming.

Ah, so you do have a Stones connection...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:10

It works. The eyes of the tiger rolls and start me up intro is played. More soon. It is easy. Too old for rock n roll ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home