Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Exciting news" coming soon...
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:15

MightyStonesStillRollin50
frankotero
StonesTod
i have a smart phone but i'm too old and stupid to know how to use it. it's time to be put to pasture when you concede your phone is smarter than you....

Ha-ha StonesTod I always get a kick out of your sense of humor, plus you keep it in perspective.

Munichhilton
They're rearing the next generation of Stones fans. You and I are all caught already. The need the next gen to buy Brown Sugar on the next 18 greatest Hits CDs over the next 40 years...

I kind of agree with this. Certainly there will be some new fans, but so many they need to cater to them?

'Move Like Jagger' and Mick's appearance at the Grammys and his latest appearance on SNL has turned on a whole new generation to the Rolling Stones. Keith playing Captain Teague didn't hurt either. My 11 year old niece now wants me to take her to see the Stones if they ever come our way again. I give these guys an A+ in marketing 101. They have "worked" the last five years to perfection leading up to their 50th anniversary year.

These are all non Stones related pursuits....how did they work perfectly? Won't your niece be upset when Maroon 5 and Captain Teague fail to show?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:10

StonesTod
Munichhilton
frankotero
Ironic, most people that own smart phones are younger and probably not Stones fans. They will win "incredibly special prizes" in front of our faces. Maybe this is an omen to jump off a sinking ship?

They're rearing the next generation of Stones fans. You and I are all caught already. The need the next gen to buy Brown Sugar on the next 18 greatest Hits CDs over the next 40 years...

i have a smart phone but i'm too old and stupid to know how to use it. it's time to be put to pasture when you concede your phone is smarter than you....

StonesTod, that's where kids come in handy, I don't have to figure it out cause they do it for me. Actually, I don't have a smart phone, I don't want to spend the money.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:21

Well, if it's about the Brussels Affair deluxe edition, it is distinctly underwhelming.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:40

Date: August 30, 2012 00:59

Munichhilton
frankotero
StonesTod

Ha-ha StonesTod I always get a kick out of your sense of humor, plus you keep it in perspective.

Munichhilton

I kind of agree with this. Certainly there will be some new fans, but so many they need to cater to them?

'Move Like Jagger' and Mick's appearance at the Grammys and his latest appearance on SNL has turned on a whole new generation to the Rolling Stones. Keith playing Captain Teague didn't hurt either. My 11 year old niece now wants me to take her to see the Stones if they ever come our way again. I give these guys an A+ in marketing 101. They have "worked" the last five years to perfection leading up to their 50th anniversary year.

These are all non Stones related pursuits....how did they work perfectly? Won't your niece be upset when Maroon 5 and Captain Teague fail to show?

No matter how many paths these guys went down (on their own) over the last five years, (since the last tour) most all roads lead back to the Rolling Stones. Mick always has one eye on the next Rolling Stones project. Most everything is calculated well in advance. They knew the 50th anniversary year was coming five years ago. There was no way in hell they were going to let it come and go without marking it with at least some new material and at least some live performances. And there was no way they were going to be touring during that time. Keith knew it and that is why he chose to write his book instead of waiting until he was retired. They did an absolutely masterful job of keeping themselves in the news, just enough, (but not too much) during these last five years. From Shine A Light in 2008, through the re-issue of Exile (and documentary) in 2010, through Mick's public appearances on the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame show, the interview with Larry King, his Grammy and SNL appearances, not to mention Keith's book, his movie appearance, Ronnie's solo album, and Charlie's appearance on Jimmy Fallon recently, and the re-issue of Some Girls including the bonus songs, etc., etc., etc., All "teasers" for something far greater. Of course that "something far greater" is going to unfold before our very eyes over the next ten months and hopefully beyond.

As far as the kids go, they are light years ahead of us (our generation) in regards to knowing how to gain access to information. They know all about google. And what they don't know? Well, that is up to us old farts to fill in the blanks. Never underestimate the mind of today's 11 year olds.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:59

latebloomer
StonesTod
Munichhilton
frankotero
Ironic, most people that own smart phones are younger and probably not Stones fans. They will win "incredibly special prizes" in front of our faces. Maybe this is an omen to jump off a sinking ship?

StonesTod, that's where kids come in handy, I don't have to figure it out cause they do it for me. Actually, I don't have a smart phone, I don't want to spend the money.

kids come in...what was that again? i don't know what planet your kids come from...but "handy" is not the first word that is called to mind when i think of kids....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:10

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
Munichhilton
frankotero

kids come in...what was that again? i don't know what planet your kids come from...but "handy" is not the first word that is called to mind when i think of kids....

My kids would rather download off itunes the same songs they could have for free in from my CD Rip's.

I think my MP3's have that 'parental taint'.

Date: August 30, 2012 01:18

Kids don't give a flyingfuckall about the Rolling Stones. Get real.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I think we should have a vote for the word of the day for tomorrow.

Date: August 30, 2012 01:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

But they can be "brainwashed" so easily! That's where us old farts come in!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:30

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

that could be a good workaround to the existing policy. bv said no more word of he day threads...but he DIDN'T say no more "vote on the word of the day" threads.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 30, 2012 03:52

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
Munichhilton
frankotero

Date: August 30, 2012 04:44

stonesnow
Virtual_Nobody
I'm too old for this shit.
Bring out a new album (even with old rehashed numbers) or do a tour in any kind of form.
But don't bother me with this kind of boring teasers.
It might work for the new kind of music generation but not for me.
It only pisses me off even more.

Rene

I told Mick he was pissing off all us old geezers. But you know Mick, he subscribes to the concept of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"! And man does that man love to tease. The good news is, it won't be much longer. Hold on! Good things are coming.

Ah, so you do have a Stones connection...

No man knows the day or the hour of the return of the Mighty Stones. But we do know the season. The autumn winds shall soon be upon us.

They will come like a thief in the night. Keep your eyes peeled.smoking smiley

Date: August 30, 2012 04:47

Virtual_Nobody
Bring out a new album (even with old rehashed numbers) or do a tour in any kind of form.

Rene

Rene, you're also a smidge cranky. Old & cranky....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 30, 2012 04:56

Munichhilton
Virtual_Nobody

Rene

So far it looks like this coming full moon is gonna be a (make em)cranky one...

with that said... Rene may seem cranky, but is also correct. smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:22

Tckets E 250,/ to E 400 probably.
Hope i can get a good seat for E 250,0 and i will be there in London
ps im not rich, but unemployed but i have to go one final time
jeroen

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:01

So, was the big news this new documentary or what ?

If not maybe its Superturd part 2

Date: August 30, 2012 17:03

andy js
So, was the big news this new documentary or what ?

If not maybe its Superturd part 2

The gigs in London and New York, but it won't be announced officially before Sept 4.

Date: August 30, 2012 17:08

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Virtual_Nobody

Rene

So far it looks like this coming full moon is gonna be a (make em)cranky one...

with that said... Rene may seem cranky, but is also correct. smoking smiley

Correct about which?

Too old, the new album, the teasers, new generation....hang on. These are some good points!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:22

stonesnow
Virtual_Nobody

Rene

I told Mick he was pissing off all us old geezers. But you know Mick, he subscribes to the concept of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"! And man does that man love to tease. The good news is, it won't be much longer. Hold on! Good things are coming.

Ah, so you do have a Stones connection...

No man knows the day or the hour of the return of the Mighty Stones. But we do know the season. The autumn winds shall soon be upon us.

They will come like a thief in the night. Keep your eyes peeled.smoking smiley

Amen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-30 17:22 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:35

StonesTod
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

that could be a good workaround to the existing policy. bv said no more word of he day threads...but he DIDN'T say no more "vote on the word of the day" threads.

Can't bv allow a compromise and let you do "word of the week"?

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: August 30, 2012 18:09

So the word is almost out.
They will do 4 gigs 2 in the Uk and 2 in The States.
Just make an official announcement and be done with it.
Don't tease us to death with these boring appz.
Where is the time that the Stones where all about good music and shied away from all this technical bs.
And i might be old but still very involved in IT, but this marketing is an insult to music lovers (at least in my opinion).
Better bring out this 5 cd box that is stipulated in their contract with Universal.

Virtual_Nobody

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home