Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Brussels Deluxe
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 29, 2012 14:00

Honestman
GetYerAngie
...That book covers a missing link - and isn't affordable. What a disappointment.

Agreed but sadly not new, it all started with the Genesis Publications and their great but far over budget books and yes it's still a disappointment for most of us .angry smiley

Yep, too sad. I wish they'd sell 10000 copies for $25 each instead of 100 copies for $2500. Many of the Genesis Exile pics have leaked out on the web, though.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 29, 2012 14:17

whitem8
Not sure I could pay 1500$ for a DVD...

I'm sure - I couldn't.

(though steverogan's offer of a game of snooker with Keith for $5000 is tempting. How much do you have to pay to win?)

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 29, 2012 15:17

Wait until ABKCO comes up with an extremely limited reprint of the 70's 7" vinyl bootleg Hot Rocks with a handful of Chess outtakes - dubbed from the original boot, of course - or similar stuff which sets you back one grand minimum apiece. , The Stones will soon be (or already are?) history,so it's moneygrabbing time, the cow needs to be milked as long as it's still alive!

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: August 29, 2012 18:43

DVD? I didn't see any mention of that. Now if it contained the entire concerts on DVD... well, it might tempt me more, but still way too much dough.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:10

The big question here is... if you were worth way in excess of £150 million and in your twilight years, why on earth would you want to squander your precious time signing 100s of copies of the book contained in these three box sets?!! Like, HELLO. I know what my answer would be!!!

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:10

This town's full of money grabbers

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:19

euro'73
the best live recording ever made in music history.

Lol.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: August 29, 2012 21:40

No Wonder Mick is so difficult with autographs these days smiling smiley

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:00

just received the ad by email saying
only 1 973 printed

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:35

SonicDreamer
The big question here is... if you were worth way in excess of £150 million and in your twilight years, why on earth would you want to squander your precious time signing 100s of copies of the book contained in these three box sets?!! Like, HELLO. I know what my answer would be!!!

Cheers,
SonicD
Exactly, why should he. Certainly there must be nicer ways to rake in some cash when you're MJ.

Posted by: C R K ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:50

Has anyone seen if the LP will be sold seperatly?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:53

C R K
Has anyone seen if the LP will be sold seperatly?

Doesn't look like it at least for now...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 29, 2012 23:10

Got robbed if you want it.

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: August 29, 2012 23:32

Fans turn into customers, that was a good statement.
Rocks off has turned into rip-off. I don't understand this kind of thing.
Who buys it? Not the people who went to the Adelphi Theatre in Dublin in 1965.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:11

Disgusted over this - I have always wanted a CD of it, with some nice liner notes by Mick, Mick Taylor, and Keith. Possible input from Nick Kent would also be nice. I already have ripped it to CDR, but nice liner notes, photos, and reminiscences wouldn't be too much to ask.

This is what is also, possibly, going to happen with the rest of the Stonesarchive concert material.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:18

Disgusting

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:22

tomcasagranda
Disgusted over this - I have always wanted a CD of it, with some nice liner notes by Mick, Mick Taylor, and Keith. Possible input from Nick Kent would also be nice. I already have ripped it to CDR, but nice liner notes, photos, and reminiscences wouldn't be too much to ask.

This is what is also, possibly, going to happen with the rest of the Stonesarchive concert material.

A Deluxe Boxset on CD of all 6 archives releases just in time for the Xmas season is a no-brainer. They could even add a 7th show as a bonus. I'll be somewhat disapponted if we don't see it.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:27

palerider22
tomcasagranda

A Deluxe Boxset on CD of all 6 archives releases just in time for the Xmas season is a no-brainer. They could even add a 7th show as a bonus. I'll be somewhat disapponted if we don't see it.

Agreed. A deluxe boxset on cd of all 6 archives would be excellent, but I can't see it happening. When did we know about the 2cd edition of Some Girls ? It must have been about now, and then it was issued in November.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:20

For $1,500 I would hope they would include roundtrip air to Brussels, and some great Belgian beer.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:27

buffalo7478
For $1,500 I would hope they would include roundtrip air to Brussels, and some great Belgian beer.

and a night on the town with a trappist monk...that's on my bucket list

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2012 02:06

the original Superdeluxe set of Ladies and Gentlemen included a replica scarf.

If there is no scarf in this set I just don't see the point.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 30, 2012 03:00

this better not be the 'big news that is coming'

Date: August 30, 2012 10:50

Deathgod
this better not be the 'big news that is coming'

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: razorback9200 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 11:13

shortfatfanny
those bobbleheads are missing....

seems as if some can´t get enough cash,including a stupid watch..hell.

leave the watch and the autographs out and ask for a reasonable price again.
the book could be nice,although...

So true...who cares about a ridiculous watch and an autopen signature ? I wonder ,how some people can believe it's really handsigned by Jagger...he doesn't care about fans for ages ,just cares about money and you imagine him signing over than 2000 items (books and lithographies) ?...@#$%&' joke...1500 USD ? Jagger's customers must be @#$%&' retarded to buy such a rip off !

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:11

For $1500, fly to Brussels and spend $1400 on Belgian beer, chocolate and girls. With the remaining $100, Listen to the show on your newly-purchased ipod on the way home.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:53

drbryant, you rock and roll buddy. Your prescription is right on the money. . .

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:55

drbryant
For $1500, fly to Brussels and spend $1400 on Belgian beer, chocolate and girls....

...then squander the rest.

(with a nod to George Best).

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:56

GravityBoy
drbryant
For $1500, fly to Brussels and spend $1400 on Belgian beer, chocolate and girls....

...then squander the rest.

(with a nod to George Best).
thumbs up Best idea ALL month (August 2012) on IORR

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 30, 2012 14:56

What a load of crap. When I got this "valuable offer" I promptly unsubscribed from rollingstones.com. Why any band would insult the intelligence of their audience is beyond me.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 30, 2012 15:09

R
What a load of crap. When I got this "valuable offer" I promptly unsubscribed from rollingstones.com. Why any band would insult the intelligence of their audience is beyond me.
I forget which "offer" inspired me to the same thing last year... but you are not alone in unsubscribing... for the same reasons.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home