Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
The Beatles were better than the Rolling stones
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:40

Listened through the Beatles albums today, on vinyl. Even the record that is considered a turkey; Let It Be, is far superior to anything RS wanted to do at the time. Nevermind Keith thinking he invented the open G thingy. The Beatles were geniuses, Rolling Stones were just a bunch of wuzzies back then. And they would have continued to be that, if not getting confidence through drugs in the 70s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 22:51 by Erik_Snow.

Re: The Beatles were better than the Rolling stones
Date: August 24, 2012 22:45

Mickscarey here you go

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:47

Everything alright with you Erik ? winking smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:49

I don´t believe I red this topic. here we go again... it´s really a "new" topic. confused smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:49

Delete this stupid post. The Beatles never recorded anything as good as Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:50

Are you getting old Erik?

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:52

No Erik, if you like the Beatles that much, go to a Beatles fan forum, this is The Rolling Stones, in case you hadn't noticed.

Beatles are the critics darlings anyway, the just fizzled out in 1970ish, ancient history!

Cheers

Date: August 24, 2012 22:54

Rolling Hansie
Everything alright with you Erik ? winking smiley

Hey Hansie. Got 2 tickets for Cohen this summer, which I can't use - due to work
That's the reason for me being so frank. It really hurts

Beatles being better than Rolling Stones is still a fact

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:58

Erik_Snow
Listened through the Beatles albums today, on vinyl. Even the record that is considered a turkey; Let It Be, is far superior to anything RS wanted to do at the time. Nevermind Keith thinking he invented the open G thingy. The Beatles were geniuses, Rolling Stones were just a bunch of wuzzies back then. And they would have continued to be that, if not getting confidence through drugs in the 70s

..wuzzies????..

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:58

Strongly put. I am not going to argue the point. But LIBe was recorded in January 1969, so that puts it between BB and LIB and those two albums ain't bad. But The Beatles were master record makers. Their taste, judgment and decisions were usually impeccable. Their creativity is unquestioned.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:01

Erik_Snow
Got 2 tickets for Cohen this summer, which I can't use

Oh man, that's terrible. Don't want to rub it in, but just have to tell. I saw Leonard last tuesday in Amsterdam and it was a miracle to me. So beautiful. I am truly sorry for you that you have to miss his show. If there is a way to go, just find that way.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:01

Lord.

Finally Erik has settled the argument.

We can at last move forward and on to new business.

How 'bout those Bears?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-25 03:51 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:05

I haven't posted here in months, but this one got me, mate.

I assume you mean studio records, and I might give you that, but only through '67. The live stuff, we shouldn't even discuss.

Also, I'm going to report you to Tod. As you know, he has strict rules about what's an opinion and what's a fact.

I'll be sending you new music soon. Check your e-mail from time to time.

Date: August 24, 2012 23:08

Rolling Hansie
Erik_Snow
Got 2 tickets for Cohen this summer, which I can't use

Oh man, that's terrible. Don't want to rub it in, but just have to tell. I saw Leonard last tuesday in Amsterdam and it was a miracle to me. So beautiful. I am truly sorry for you that you have to miss his show. If there is a way to go, just find that way.

I'm truely crushed, Hansie. Thanks for understanding

Date: August 24, 2012 23:11

texas fan

I assume you mean studio records, and I might give you that, but only through '67. The live stuff, we shouldn't even discuss.

Also, I'm going to report you to Tod. As you know, he has strict rules about what's an opinion and what's a fact.

I'll be sending you new music soon. Check your e-mail from time to time.

Hi mate, yes of course I mean the studio releases. Beatles was a lousy live band.
BUT; could RS write something like The Long And Winding Road? Nope!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:15

Erik_Snow

wuzzies? fuzzy wuzzies? hmmmm...aside from that, what you say is basically true. especially that drug thing.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:17

Let it Be is one of the best recorded album.......and yes the Beatles were technically a bigger studio recording band but I still prefer Beggars, Bleed, Sticky and Exile because they never get bored ....because every time I listen to them I hear something new ...as with the Beatles great but if you know the song you know it

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:22

Lets not forget the amazing collection of songs contained on these...

Plastic Ono Band - All Things Must Pass - McArtney

thumbs up

Date: August 24, 2012 23:26

NICOS
Let it Be is one of the best recorded album.......and yes the Beatles were technically a bigger studio recording band but I still prefer Beggars, Bleed, Sticky and Exile because they never get bored ....because every time I listen to them I hear something new ...as with the Beatles great but if you know the song you know it

It's the other way around surely...

There are loads of little interesting things within Beatles mixes.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:33

Here's the deal- Number one these are two entirely different groups with respect to musical approach. I consider the Beatles more of Pop group and the Stones the greatest Rock-n-Roll Band in the world.

As far as success is measured, they both elightened the fan base. Let's not forget that there are many fans that appreciate both groups. Of course preference is with the Stones; but I like the Beatles as well. Maybe not as much collectively. For example - I heard Junior's Farm on an "oldies staion" this morning and thought - Hell this better than any other Beatles song heard. Same goes for other Beatles' solo efforts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 23:36 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:38

texas fan

i appreciate the business.

it's definitely a fact that the beatles were the best; although some don't share that opinion.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:40

Erik_Snow

It's getting dark in northern Norway these days and depression is already setting in.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:48

the guys really have lots of free time.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:52

Tut Tut Erik.drinking smiley blaspheming.

Sorry to hear you are going to miss the concert.,

Date: August 24, 2012 23:54

Chris Fountain
the Stones the greatest Rock-n-Roll Band in the world.

They aren't a rock and roll band though.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:56

The Beatles vs. Stones? Andrew Loog Oldham must still be laughing at the fact that such discussions/debates are still taking place--it was only a marketing ploy of his in the early days to give the Stones a leg up in the press. The Beatles and Stones themselves never thought the way several posters in this thread think, that one was better than the other. They were colleagues who held each other in high regard, and as their histories have occasionally intertwined, both socially and musically, there is a place in this forum for discussing Beatles topics. The Beatles were great at what they did, and the Stones are great for what they still can accomplish. To answer the poster above regarding live performance, the Beatles in their early days were a smoking live rock band--maybe not visually, but certainly sonically. One listen to their 1962 Hamburg Star Club performance should clear that one up. Their reputation as a live act was ruined later on by their screaming 12-year-old fan base, and had they stayed together a bit longer and toured from 1969 on, their reputation as a live act would have been restored. Beatles vs. Stones? How about Beatles and Stones. And The Who. And The Kinks,...etc.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 25, 2012 00:00

His Majesty
Chris Fountain

I understand the point- I was trying to dilineate the comparisons. Trust me, I know the stones cross all landscapes of music. Fair enough?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 25, 2012 00:03

Erik_Snow

BUT; could RS write something like The Long And Winding Road? Nope!

Ahem...excuse me...Out Of Tears....Duh!

Posted by: Rockman ()

Beatles were Vaudeville...Stones Sexville

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesnow ()

Chris Fountain
His Majesty
Chris Fountain

I understand the point- I was trying to dilineate the comparisons. Trust me, I know the stones cross all landscapes of music. Fair enough?

Pardon me, but wouldn't that be soundscapes of music?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home