Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: Sir Paul McCartney supports Pussy Riot
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:06

kater-v
This story with Pussy Riot makes me feel shame to be Russian citizen. Their stroke was really important here not for somebody`s illusions about Putin and company, because there are not many of them, but for many people blinded with Russian orthodox church`s romantic flair, that comes from the times of Soviet Union. Then it was some unit of people of free mind and good will, it was risky to openly belong to it. Time changed, the church became just one more corrupted institution, not passing the exam of liberty – exactly of freedom to chose who to take money from. And now all the believers were forced to see openly and decide for themselves, what they really think about the facts they prefered not to see, and who they want to support and why.
I think western artists support of Pussy Riot means much for the girls first of all, and also for their supporters here, the artists voices just sound loudly, and it means that the world is not deceived with propaganda and the mask of post-soviet “democracy”.

thumbs up

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 23, 2012 10:24

proudmary
kater-v
This story with Pussy Riot makes me feel shame to be Russian citizen. Their stroke was really important here not for somebody`s illusions about Putin and company, because there are not many of them, but for many people blinded with Russian orthodox church`s romantic flair, that comes from the times of Soviet Union. Then it was some unit of people of free mind and good will, it was risky to openly belong to it. Time changed, the church became just one more corrupted institution, not passing the exam of liberty – exactly of freedom to chose who to take money from. And now all the believers were forced to see openly and decide for themselves, what they really think about the facts they prefered not to see, and who they want to support and why.
I think western artists support of Pussy Riot means much for the girls first of all, and also for their supporters here, the artists voices just sound loudly, and it means that the world is not deceived with propaganda and the mask of post-soviet “democracy”.

thumbs up
smileys with beer

Date: August 24, 2012 03:47

Topic should be kept alive till the Girls are free !!!!

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: August 24, 2012 04:48

"I'll let Kate Smith sing my songs..." smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 08:02

Free Pussy Riot !!!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 25, 2012 09:54

TippyToe
I don't see how this story could be of any interest to anyone except morons whose higer brain function shuts down when they encounter words like "pussy". The best people to decide how justice should be administered in Russia are the Russian authorities, not Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna or "Sir" Paul. If Paul McCartney, London resident, wants to be seen as edgy and political, he doesn't need to start pointing his finger at another country as part of some stupid publicity stunt. He should get his dumb ass down to the Ecuadorian embassy and show his support to Julian Assange. That's not likely to happen because he values the paltry honours bestowed on him by British authorities far more than he values helping any human being who is truly in need.

Ha! Ha! That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever read!! Ha! Ha! Tell me, dear boy, did your great grandad ghost-write Mein Kamph, by any chance?! Ha! Ha! Ha! The Russian authorities!! HHHAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! So tell me, TippyTwat [since it's a Pussy Riot discussion], tell us your favorable views on Mao Tse Tung while you're at it...HHHAAAAHHHAAA, the Russian authorities, ppuuulllleaaaauuuuzzzzze,....

Date: August 25, 2012 10:15

stonesnow
TippyToe
I don't see how this story could be of any interest to anyone except morons whose higer brain function shuts down when they encounter words like "pussy". The best people to decide how justice should be administered in Russia are the Russian authorities, not Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna or "Sir" Paul. If Paul McCartney, London resident, wants to be seen as edgy and political, he doesn't need to start pointing his finger at another country as part of some stupid publicity stunt. He should get his dumb ass down to the Ecuadorian embassy and show his support to Julian Assange. That's not likely to happen because he values the paltry honours bestowed on him by British authorities far more than he values helping any human being who is truly in need.

Ha! Ha! That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever read!! Ha! Ha! Tell me, dear boy, did your great grandad ghost-write Mein Kamph, by any chance?! Ha! Ha! Ha! The Russian authorities!! HHHAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! So tell me, TippyTwat [since it's a Pussy Riot discussion], tell us your favorable views on Mao Tse Tung while you're at it...HHHAAAAHHHAAA, the Russian authorities, ppuuulllleaaaauuuuzzzzze,....
This not a Rolling Stones Fan but a Russian Putin co-staff Spy

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:36

Here's what Pete Townshed wrote to Times magazine:

We are extremely concerned about the treatment they have received since their arrest and during their trial.
Dissent is a right in any democracy and it is entirely disproportionate that they face seven years in jail for what we consider a preposterous charge of 'hooliganism motivated by religious hatred'.

We are especially concerned about recent reports that food is being withheld from them and that they have appeared in court in a cage.

We believe firmly that it is the role of the artist to make legitimate political protest and fight for freedom of speech.

As he visits the United Kingdom this week, we ask President Putin to ensure these three women receive a fair hearing

- Pete Townshed, Jarvis Cocker, Johnny Marr, Corinne Bailey Rae, Neil Tennant

Date: August 25, 2012 13:35

This is why we should support Pussy Riot everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Because it took three women – two of them moms – to do what 100,000 protesters last year in Moscow could not: wake up the world to Russia’s authoritarian government.

Because we need more smart aleck feminists.

Because punk rock hasn’t been this meaningful since the Sex Pistols mocked the British monarchy by singing “God Save the Queen” on a riverboat on the Thames outside Buckingham Palace in 1977.

Because it reminds us that “blasphemy” is still a crime in some parts.

Because it’s titillating to hear BBC correspondents say “pussy” over and over again.
Because these ladies have one of the world’s greatest chess champions, Garry Kasparov, rooting for them.
Because all the musicians who have publicly supported the group – Bjork, Patti Smith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beastie Boys, Yoko Ono, John Cale, Courtney Love, Peter Gabriel , Paul McCartney and Peter Hammill – could make a killer tribute CD.

Because when the church inserts itself into politics, it shouldn’t be surprised when politics shows up on its doorstep.
Because now we know the difference between balaclavas and baklava.

Because we forgot for a minute that Russia is run by a former K.G.B. agent.

Because this could start a Bikini Kill revival.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 26, 2012 21:13

Pussy Riot: Fearing Arrest, 2 Members Of Russian Punk Band Escape Country

08/26/12 09:27 AM ET AP
Pussy Riot Escape Russia

MOSCOW — Two members of the punk band Pussy Riot have fled Russia to avoid prosecution for a protest against Vladimir Putin that sent three of their band mates to prison, the group said Sunday.

Five members of the feminist group took part in a provocative performance inside Moscow's main cathedral in February to protest the Russian leader's rule and his cozy relationship with the Orthodox Church. The women wore their trademark garishly colored balaclavas, which made it difficult for police to identify them, and only three were arrested.

After a controversial trial that highlighted Putin's crackdown on dissent since he began a third presidential term in May, the three band members were convicted of hooliganism and sentenced to two years in prison on Aug. 17. Days later, Moscow police said they were searching for the other band members, an apparent warning to the group to stop its anti-Putin protests.

Even as the judge was reading the verdict in a Moscow courtroom, one of the band members who had escaped arrest played Pussy Riot's latest song, "Putin sets the fires of revolutions," from the balcony of an apartment building across the street.

Pussy Riot tweeted on Sunday that the two activists had fled Russia and are "recruiting foreign feminists to prepare new protest actions." No mention was made of where they went.

At least 12 other members of the group remain in Russia, another message on Twitter said.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 23:11

Does Sir Paul McCartney support Gilmour's son who got 16months of jailed for peeing on a war monument ?

Did Russian officials and all the world medias lecture the UK when this sentence was given to him ? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 26, 2012 23:18

beepee2
Does Sir Paul McCartney support Gilmour's son who got 16months of jailed for peeing on a war monument ?

Did Russian officials and all the world medias lecture the UK when this sentence was given to him ? eye rolling smiley

Are the Gilmours in jail for protesting or public indecency ?

Date: August 26, 2012 23:31

Edith Grove

Try to "protest" in Westminster Abbaye, or in a mosque, or a synagogue... and call for the government to be overthrown... would be funny to see what happens to you next. For sure in that case we wouldn't have medias all over the world doing headlines with this as the UK is no problem politically and is perfectly in line with the US interests...

Oh by the way:

Eight protesters with Occupy Wall Street were convicted on Monday of misdemeanor trespassing charges for entering a lot owned by a Manhattan church a month after their park encampment was dismantled.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: August 27, 2012 09:54

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 10:23 by NathanLaze.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: August 27, 2012 10:06

[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 10:23 by NathanLaze.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 27, 2012 10:16

GumbootCloggeroo
steffiestones
Its a shame the Stones dont show any support to those girls...
Why is it a shame? They're allowed to remain private on whatever issue they want. For all we know, they do support them. But just because a Beatle issues a press release does not mean that the Stones are expected to follow suit.

If history is any guide, they'll issue a press release in support of Pussy Riot in six months. (;-)

Date: August 27, 2012 12:55

beepee2
Edith Grove

Try to "protest" in Westminster Abbaye, or in a mosque, or a synagogue... and call for the government to be overthrown... would be funny to see what happens to you next. For sure in that case we wouldn't have medias all over the world doing headlines with this as the UK is no problem politically and is perfectly in line with the US interests...

Oh by the way:

Eight protesters with Occupy Wall Street were convicted on Monday of misdemeanor trespassing charges for entering a lot owned by a Manhattan church a month after their park encampment was dismantled.

beepee2 - Most people are cynical about these kinds of events for a reason: They are lazy !! - And they need to tell lies to themselves, in order to feel better about being so lazy - They dont wanna do anything. They would never protest about anything, they dont stand up for any cause,

They are your typical "I would write a better movie than that, If I could write something" - they never do anything, and when others are protesting about something, they will always show up to say "why are you here,you should be somewhere else instead, cause I wont join, I wont do anything myself" - but in reality - those lazy, cynical whiners are spineless. Yeah - Go somewhere else, cause you are making me think and I dont wanna think, cause I dont wanna do anything. I'm a loser - so let me be cynical and negative about everything your trying to do here, and my hands will stay in my pockets, cause I'm too lazy to help "

What's your contribution ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 12:57 by seitan.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 27, 2012 21:14

[music-mix.ew.com]

Two Pussy Riot members flee Russia to escape arrest
Associated Press

Two members of the punk band Pussy Riot have fled Russia to avoid prosecution for a protest against Vladimir Putin that sent three of their band mates to prison, the group said Sunday.

Five members of the feminist group took part in a provocative performance inside Moscow’s main cathedral in February to protest the Russian leader’s rule and his cozy relationship with the Orthodox Church. The women wore their trademark garishly colored balaclavas, which made it difficult for police to identify them, and only three were arrested.

After a controversial trial that highlighted Putin’s crackdown on dissent since he began a third presidential term in May, the three band members were convicted of hooliganism and sentenced to two years in prison on Aug. 17. Days later, Moscow police said they were searching for the other band members, an apparent warning to the group to stop its anti-Putin protests.

Even as the judge was reading the verdict in a Moscow courtroom, one of the band members who had escaped arrest played Pussy Riot’s latest song, “Putin sets the fires of revolutions,” from the balcony of an apartment building across the street.

Pussy Riot tweeted on Sunday that the two activists had fled Russia and are “recruiting foreign feminists to prepare new protest actions.” No mention was made of where they went.

At least 12 other members of the group remain in Russia,

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2012 02:46

ROCKMAN

Date: August 28, 2012 10:09

video: [youtu.be]

Funny,But in Dutch !!!!!!

Date: August 29, 2012 05:38

Lets keep the topic alive

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 29, 2012 15:40

Well this isn't quite the same topic but it'll bump it up again.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Date: August 29, 2012 16:42

Abusive detention without trial is ok when it's in the US or any country within the Axis of Good.

I gues that bloke won't have all the medias and celebrities standing up for him:

Marine Veteran Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

[www.businessinsider.com]

Date: August 30, 2012 16:19

beepee2
Abusive detention without trial is ok when it's in the US or any country within the Axis of Good.

I gues that bloke won't have all the medias and celebrities standing up for him:

Marine Veteran Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

[www.businessinsider.com]

When a psychopathic adult, grown up man lives with his mother and starts to post psychotic ramblings and threats, and manifestos on the internet web pages and calls for a violent revolution, it has all the warning signs of school shootings, and he's not that different from Norweigian psychotic killer Andreas Breivik.
I'm glad they caught the bastard before he started to kill people around him.

He needs help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-30 16:20 by seitan.

Date: August 30, 2012 21:00

Hummmm... "he who wants to kill his dog accuses it of having rage", again, had someone in Russia or China incarcerated people on such comical "charges" without any form of trial or whatever, ...

Oh, another one in the UK:

A former soldier has been jailed for four months after he tied a pig's head to the gates of a mosque before uploading pictures of what he did on Facebook.

Date: August 30, 2012 23:41

beepee2
Hummmm... "he who wants to kill his dog accuses it of having rage", again, had someone in Russia or China incarcerated people on such comical "charges" without any form of trial or whatever, ...

A former soldier has been jailed for four months after he tied a pig's head to the gates of a mosque before uploading pictures of what he did on Facebook.

To answer your question: has someone in Russia or China been incarcerated without real trial - yes. But I really dont understand your point, why do you post stories about mentally ill racist people here ? Do you need psychiatric help yourself ?

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: August 31, 2012 02:08

seitan
beepee2

To answer your question: has someone in Russia or China been incarcerated without real trial - yes. But I really dont understand your point, why do you post stories about mentally ill racist people here ? Do you need psychiatric help yourself ?

How exactly do you determine which people are mentally ill racists and which ones are protestors?

Date: August 31, 2012 05:07

Right again Tippy

Date: August 31, 2012 10:31

TippyToe
seitan
beepee2

How exactly do you determine which people are mentally ill racists and which ones are protestors?

- Oh, That's easy. By looking at the evidence, and opinions behind their actions. Most people can speak for themselves when they do something.
I find your question rather stupid, sorry... but this should be rather clear to everyone older than 12, right ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 10:44 by seitan.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 31, 2012 10:51

TippyToe
seitan
beepee2

Making exact boundaries is never easy. Each case needs to be studied individually. But what is much worse is trying to confuse there matters - and treating all the cases alike (like is tried to provoke here by confusing distinctions and offering totally different cases) That logic leads to scaring scenarios. There was a time in Soviet Union when wrong idealogy was seen as a sign of mental illness.

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home