Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger: 'I don't think The Rolling Stones were 'stage ready' for The Olympics'
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:48

StonesTod
Eleanor Rigby
bv
The magic is when Keith hit the wrong chords and they do "If You Can't Rock Me" when the set list and Ronnie's gitar setup etc are all ready for "You Got Me Rocking" (Brisbane 2003).

you call that magic ? I call that a complete f**k up !!!

yes, for most bands. but when the stones screw up, it's glorious. that's one of the perks of being the world's greatest, you see...

There is even a bootleg CD devoted to their live screw ups: 13 Nervous Breakdowns

Re: Mick Jagger: 'I don't think The Rolling Stones were 'stage ready' for The Olympics'
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:50

stonesnow
StonesTod
Eleanor Rigby
bv
The magic is when Keith hit the wrong chords and they do "If You Can't Rock Me" when the set list and Ronnie's gitar setup etc are all ready for "You Got Me Rocking" (Brisbane 2003).

yes, for most bands. but when the stones screw up, it's glorious. that's one of the perks of being the world's greatest, you see...

There is even a bootleg CD devoted to their live screw ups: 13 Nervous Breakdowns

it's on the archives list for upcoming download releases, too...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:52

StonesTod
stonesnow
StonesTod
Eleanor Rigby
bv

i wonder if they charge $500 for it ?
or if you get a useless Keith Richards pick as a bonus for when he doesn't hit a chord ?

it's on the archives list for upcoming download releases, too...

Date: July 13, 2012 19:01

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:08

Didn't Jagger once say he would hate to be 40 years old and be still singing "Satisfaction"? Well, maybe at age 65 that is how he finally feels.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 19:11 by mitchflorida1.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:17

stonesnow
StonesTod
Eleanor Rigby
bv

Only 13?eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:23

What a lame excuse that there not ready to do the olympics,
When i wached jagger say that on tv yesterday.
Most bands would give there right arm to play at the olympics.
The stones were asked ages ago to do the olympics, so
plenty of time to get ready.So i reckon that jagger could,nt have control
0ver the proceedings, witch i think is more than likely, or he dont trust
keef playing live in front of billions.
Well i think its sad they not doing it in there 50th year

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:36

Mick has said the Superbowl was a very hard gig for various reasons.

I'm kinda glad they skipped the Olympics, and will go on to play their own shows, looks like.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:44

What a perfect oppurtunity to bust out the one of a kind Superbowl Rolling Stones Tongue Stage!!! They blew it...

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:51

Nice post Bjornulf.

Just like some Broadway shows are taken on road before they make their Broadway deput.

I just saw an interview with Mick the other day from back in the 90's maybe ...where he talks about risk. Playing Philly '81 without enough warm ups was what he mentioned as a risk.

Can't wait for Wyman & Taylor to rejoin the fold...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:18

terry
What a lame excuse that there not ready to do the olympics,
When i wached jagger say that on tv yesterday.
Most bands would give there right arm to play at the olympics.
The stones were asked ages ago to do the olympics, so
plenty of time to get ready.So i reckon that jagger could,nt have control
0ver the proceedings, witch i think is more than likely, or he dont trust
keef playing live in front of billions.
Well i think its sad they not doing it in there 50th year

I give them credit saying no. Mick saying yes to being a SIR was enough.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:27

mitchflorida1
Didn't Jagger once say he would hate to be 40 years old and be still singing "Satisfaction"? Well, maybe at age 65 that is how he finally feels.

I think he's fine with it. He said he didn't want to be 40 singing Satisfaction, and as that would have been 1983, whilst they weren't touring, I think he pretty much hit that benchmark.

He didn't say anything about 68, which is how old he is for another week or so.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:32

Eleanor Rigby
Rolling Hansie
Eleanor Rigby
bv
The magic is when Keith hit the wrong chords

Well, if that makes you feel better ... go ahead

what are you talking about ?

Thought it was clear. Hoping it makes you feel better by saying what you said

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 13, 2012 20:33

StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Holy jeezles. What happened ? StonesTod ? You replied to the same message as I did. Even in the very same minute. Could that be a sign ?

armageddon or something?

No, must be something worse

-------------------

Date: July 13, 2012 20:35

Rolling Hansie
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Holy jeezles. What happened ? StonesTod ? You replied to the same message as I did. Even in the very same minute. Could that be a sign ?

armageddon or something?

worse than armageddon??? like streets of love worse?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:37

Munichhilton
I'm pretty sure the Olympics weren't band rider ready for the Stones.
But thats big of Mick to take the blame...

Yeah right, and the Superbowl was?

The Stones not being ready in this day and age is clear.
Translation: Keith cannot play anymore. Period.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: July 13, 2012 20:39

StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie

armageddon or something?

worse than armageddon??? like streets of love worse?

Actually I am thinking a lot worse ... like Bon Jovi taking over

-------------------

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:43

Can you blame him for setting the standard high? There is a peculiar thing in all us humans that make us hold onto one BAD experience more that 100 GOOD ones. Mick is no dummy and I understand his unwillingness to take the risk of ANY bad experiences at this point in his life. That's his privledge now that he has the power and money to somewhat control the events in his life. I think that is what is driving this statement and decision.

Besides the Olympics are not the hard core Stones audience that deserve to see these guys play again and Mick would certainly have to give up much of his "man in charge" power at an event like that, because it is about the atheletes, not about the rock stars. peace

Date: July 13, 2012 20:46

Naturalust
There is a peculiar thing in all us humans that make us hold onto one BAD experience more that 100 GOOD ones

Nope, not me. I am the other way round ... now wait ..... maybe I am not human

-------------------

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2012 21:05

Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
There is a peculiar thing in all us humans that make us hold onto one BAD experience more that 100 GOOD ones

Or more likely either very lucky or not completely honest. with respect. peace

Date: July 13, 2012 21:09

Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

he's calling you a bald-faced liar, hansie...you gonna take that? want i should rat him out for you?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 13, 2012 21:20

jamesfdouglas
Munichhilton
I'm pretty sure the Olympics weren't band rider ready for the Stones.
But thats big of Mick to take the blame...

Yeah right, and the Superbowl was?

The Stones not being ready in this day and age is clear.
Translation: Keith cannot play anymore. Period.

Hey stranger things have happened james. I've heard Def Leppard had a 1 armed drummer!

All we are saying.....is give Keith a chance

Date: July 13, 2012 21:28

mitchflorida1

At first it was 30, then 40. He keeps adjusting the bar as he moves along in life.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 13, 2012 21:56

If you see Mick behind stage just before show start, you see he is quite nervous and focused. I think that goes for every show, even the remote ones. Then you might imagine the pressure on his shoulders doing stuff like Superbowl.

Bjornulf

Date: July 13, 2012 22:07

bv
If you see Mick behind stage just before show start, you see he is quite nervous and focused. I think that goes for every show, even the remote ones. Then you might imagine the pressure on his shoulders doing stuff like Superbowl.

poor guy. thank goodness he gets millions of dollars for his trouble....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:17

flilflam
Mathijs
So, it's basically what some of us have said when they 'rehearsed' in London. Jagger just told the rest he wouldn't do anything with the Stones. 'Not stage ready' means Richards is not up to it: Wood, Watts and Wyman all have showed they are in good form in the last months, Richards has shown he just lost the ability to play anything at all.

Mathijs

As usual, you are reading way too much into a few comments the Stones made a few weeks ago. They may simply not wanted to do it. You have concluded, based on little or no evidence, that Keith is brain dead and can no longer play the guitar.

Well, his two live appearances in the last couple of months actually showed just that...

Anyway, anyone who's ever been in a band knows: when you are the Stones, you don't need to rehearse tracks like Brown Sugar, SMU, JJF, IORR and a dozen more. After playing these live for say 50 years it's like riding a bicycle or swimming: once you learn you will never forget. And the Stones played these tracks hundreds and hundreds of times.

Yes, if you want to play an 20-track set, and yes want you want to perform a good show, you need 4 to 6 weeks of rehearsing. But we're not talking about that.

Mathijs

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:17

If Keith can't play "at all"...how is then that they will perform later in the year? If Keith really is as incapacitated as everyone claims...they wouldn't have ANY shows lined up before or after the Olympics...or ever. Doesn't really add up.

Date: July 13, 2012 22:23

Justin
If Keith can't play "at all"...how is then that they will perform later in the year? If Keith really is as incapacitated as everyone claims...they wouldn't have ANY shows lined up before or after the Olympics...or ever. Doesn't really add up.

sigh. why must i always remind folks: BLONDIE! hello???

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:27

Right!

What, was Blondie unavailable for the Olympics gig? Too bad!...or something.

Date: July 13, 2012 22:59

StonesTod
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

he's calling you a bald-faced liar, hansie...you gonna take that? want i should rat him out for you?

LOL Thanks for the offer StonesTod, but not necessary smiling smiley

© Copywrong by Blue Lena

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home